Mile-High+ 2up Rides (Colorado, duh!) - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 5 Old 03-23-2012, 02:48 PM Thread Starter
Coloradan

Question Mile-High+ 2up Rides (Colorado, duh!)

So I'm trying to work on some places to take the lady this year on the 9'er and am seeking your recommendations!

Couple of requirements:
1) prefer to stay off the routes that people go 'crazy' on because getting passed on a double yellow in a corner by someone not happy with my limit+5 page scares her sh*tless (Golden Gate Canyon ie.)
2) need to be able to stop hourly(ish) for bathroom breaks
3) scenic is good

We've done Copper-Leadville-Minturn, Garden of the Gods, Idaho Springs-Evergreen and P2P... and she enjoyed those. All good day-trips.

Also considering we're going to be out the next couple weeks, considerations for gravel are appreciated.

Thanks for the $.02 in advance.

Peter B
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 03-23-2012, 07:11 PM
The chill Moderator

Awards Showcase
Veteran 
Total Awards: 1

If you came down to GoG then continue on to Bishop's Castle. Ride to Aspen then come back across Independence Pass to 24 and head home.

Never Trade the Thrills of Living for the Security of Existence.
post #3 of 5 Old 05-13-2012, 10:27 AM
Nineophile Retired

The ride I really want to do, maybe in mid July is......

Leave Granby Northwest on 125 up through Walden. 125 Becomes 230 in Wyoming, continue on through Encampment to 130. 130 is also known as Snowy Range road and takes you through the Snowy Range mountains/Medicine Bow National Forest and Vedauwoo area. Amazing country, super high elevation, incredible beauty, done it in a car a few times but really want to do it on the 9'r. 130 will bring you to Laramie at which point there are a number of ways to get back to Denver. I'd probably split it up into two days as I don't like to spend all day on the bike. A bucket list trip for sure!!

post #4 of 5 Old 05-13-2012, 01:28 PM
The chill Moderator

Awards Showcase
Veteran 
Total Awards: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by radicalwillie
The ride I really want to do, maybe in mid July is......

Leave Granby Northwest on 125 up through Walden. 125 Becomes 230 in Wyoming, continue on through Encampment to 130. 130 is also known as Snowy Range road and takes you through the Snowy Range mountains/Medicine Bow National Forest and Vedauwoo area. Amazing country, super high elevation, incredible beauty, done it in a car a few times but really want to do it on the 9'r. 130 will bring you to Laramie at which point there are a number of ways to get back to Denver. I'd probably split it up into two days as I don't like to spend all day on the bike. A bucket list trip for sure!!
Sounds incredible! I just need to finish up my maintenance and I am back on the road. Now that landscaping is FINALLY done I have the time to finish up the bike.

Never Trade the Thrills of Living for the Security of Existence.
post #5 of 5 Old 05-20-2012, 09:53 AM
Mud Dauber

Prolly wont do it two up though. I have not ridden two up yet and the CBR is not really built for it.
I am thinking Three days. One: ride up to camp site. Two: ride the Epic Roads in Medicine Bow. Three: Ride home which will be long for the South Co. Resident.
My GF will prolly want to drive up and enjoy the peace and quiet. She can bring camp supplies and food. This will ease the ride.
I have HD Helmut cams too for added pleasure of recapping rides.
I think fewer days would be a chore and would suck some of the fun out of the ride. My $.02

"Never give up, Never surrender"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode