Midwest Rally/Moto GP August 22-28, 2011 - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 93 Old 02-14-2011, 07:17 AM Thread Starter
Tesserarius

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Veteran 
Total Awards: 2

Midwest Rally/Moto GP August 22-28, 2011

Time to plan for the first annual Midwest Rally. Figure I will start this on Monday August 22nd with rides Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. We will take part in a parade in downtown Indianapolis on Wednesday prior to the ride. Thursday will be another ride day or we can go to Indy Triumph and Indy Ducati for demo rides. Friday will be the first day of qualifying at the Moto GP. Friday night we will go to the Bikes on Meridian event and peruse the 20,000 bikes that congregate in downtown Indianapolis or go to the enduro cross championship race. Saturday is the second day of qualifying and that night we can go to the Indy Mile dirt track race. Sunday is the Moto GP race.

Several local riders have offered to host riders on couches and spare bedrooms but we would like a count so we can arrange for everyone. If some would like to camp, I have a large backyard available. This is a multi-forum meet so any type of bike is welcome.

In 1915 T. Roosevelt said, in a speech to the KofC, "There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all. "
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 93 Old 02-14-2011, 07:29 AM
Princeps Prior

I'm riding down to the Indy GP from Michigan again this year. A friend and I were planning on camping out somewhere.... Wouldn't mind some people to ride the twisties with.....it's brown county, right?

post #3 of 93 Old 02-14-2011, 07:30 AM Thread Starter
Tesserarius

Awards Showcase

Brown County and beyond... Might make it down to the Ohio River one of the days...

In 1915 T. Roosevelt said, in a speech to the KofC, "There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all. "

post #4 of 93 Old 02-14-2011, 11:35 AM
Imaginifer

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 

Sounds like a good idea to me. I will be at the track on all three days for MotoGP. Is Scott playing host again before the bikes on Meridian?

post #5 of 93 Old 02-14-2011, 02:36 PM Thread Starter
Tesserarius

Awards Showcase

Yep.

post #6 of 93 Old 02-14-2011, 07:10 PM
Princeps Prior

We should all camp out together.....twisties, campfires, a little beer, and motoGP!

post #7 of 93 Old 02-15-2011, 04:42 AM Thread Starter
Tesserarius

Awards Showcase

I was going to gauge interest in making the ride on Monday an overnighter down by the Ohio River coming back to Indy on Tuesday. Could be fun but some small cost to doing that for everyone. Plus, some might not have luggage for camping equipment or might not be into camping.

post #8 of 93 Old 02-17-2011, 08:49 AM
That's Right!!!

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 1

Guess who will be there for the 3rd year running?

2003 Honda RC51
post #9 of 93 Old 05-19-2011, 04:26 AM Thread Starter
Tesserarius

Awards Showcase

Couch space is starting to fill up. I have a queen size blow up mattress and plenty of yard space if there are some who want to camp...

post #10 of 93 Old 05-24-2011, 08:16 AM Thread Starter
Tesserarius

Awards Showcase

It's official, I will be organizing a group buy for the 2011 Moto GP. The tickets are General Admission and are $60. Need a minimum of 20 people. The group buy comes with a Moto GP water bottle, a little grab bag type backpack, free parking on the 500 track (bikes only), a $5 voucher for the gift shop, and a parade lap on the Moto GP track (bikes only). Message me if interested.

post #11 of 93 Old 06-08-2011, 05:52 PM
Tirone

Awards Showcase
Veteran 

for this group buy is it seats in the stands or do we have to sit on "the grassy stands"

post #12 of 93 Old 06-13-2011, 06:22 PM Thread Starter
Tesserarius

Awards Showcase

I tried to get enough people for a group buy on the tickets but so far have come up short. You can, however, get in on the Cycle World Group Buy for about the same money and with all the same perks. Just go to imstix.com/promotions and enter CW11GP in the package promotional code box or call (866)221-8775.

post #13 of 93 Old 06-18-2011, 04:26 AM
Tirone

I will be there for Indy fo sho! Won't be pulling wheelies down Meridian (SP?) this time however. Or smoking Suzuki's (with pretty blue lights) while drag racing . Nope, I will be on my ST 1300 cuz, I am riding out to Colorado for an extended trip with some buddies afterwards. Looking forward to seeing you fellas again!

http://s593.photobucket.com/albums/t...view=slideshow

post #14 of 93 Old 06-28-2011, 06:07 AM Thread Starter
Tesserarius

Awards Showcase

So, what does everyone who's coming drink? Planning on going to Sam's Club and stocking up. Best deals are on Modello, Killian's Irish Red, Sam Adams, and hard liqueur. Also when are people going to show up? I'm down for whenever but would like to know so I can plan meals for ya'll.

Festivities begin on Wednesday August 24 with a parade. Next event is on Friday the 26th first with practice on the track then a multi forum meetup followed by Bikes on Meridian (20,000+ bikes lined up downtown Indy). Saturday the 27th is qualifying then burgers, ribs, and such at my house. There will also be various events in town such as the Indy Mile dirt track racing that evening. Sunday the 28th is the race. For those not leaving until Monday, we can then go ride with dinner at my house that evening. Breakfast will be provided each day and dinner on Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday.

post #15 of 93 Old 06-28-2011, 09:02 AM
MSF blacksheep

I will make it for a few days, just not sure how many. Im only 1.5 hours away

post #16 of 93 Old 06-28-2011, 06:06 PM
rmb
Let's go!

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 9

Wish I lived closer....

post #17 of 93 Old 06-29-2011, 07:57 AM Thread Starter
Tesserarius

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by nameless1252 View Post
for this group buy is it seats in the stands or do we have to sit on "the grassy stands"
You can do either... Gen admission gets you in both.

post #18 of 93 Old 06-29-2011, 07:57 AM Thread Starter
Tesserarius

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
I will make it for a few days, just not sure how many. Im only 1.5 hours away
Are you planning on commuting there each day or do you want/need a place to stay?

post #19 of 93 Old 06-29-2011, 08:45 AM
MSF blacksheep

Depends on the misses.

post #20 of 93 Old 07-17-2011, 07:31 PM
Show + go

Awards Showcase
Veteran 

You know I will be there. Haven't missed one yet. For all that love to ride, this is a great time. Nothing like hanging around a bunch of people who just love bikes. I got a group buy code from a guy at the local Honda dealer too. I am planning on doing like last year. Sending my box of clothes and such the week before and showing up on tuesday or wednesday, but the Ohio river ride sounds like a blast as well. I'll let you know for sure. Was planning on getting seats up in section B again. Does that sound good?

When the green flag drops, the bullsh!t stops
post #21 of 93 Old 07-17-2011, 08:21 PM
Milites Gregarius

Would I be a bad bestman if I ditched my buddies bachelor party to go to the race? I had plans with another friend to go, but then this came up. I always thought the bestman planned the bachelor party, but I guess not...

I'd be all over the group deal!

post #22 of 93 Old 07-18-2011, 04:19 AM Thread Starter
Tesserarius

Awards Showcase

I think I'm just doing Gen Admission... Gotta save the pennies with baby number 3 on the way.

post #23 of 93 Old 07-18-2011, 06:19 AM
Tirone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
Depends on the misses.

Hope ya can make it man! It'll be good to catch up!

Looks like I will be arriving Thursday night..

post #24 of 93 Old 07-18-2011, 08:08 PM
Show + go

Awards Showcase
Veteran 

Well, I may have read it wrong, but I believe with the group discount the general admissions are $60 and the reserved boxes are $70.

When the green flag drops, the bullsh!t stops
post #25 of 93 Old 07-19-2011, 02:50 AM Thread Starter
Tesserarius

Awards Showcase

Yup $60 is all it takes to get into 3 days of racing.

post #26 of 93 Old 08-03-2011, 10:29 AM
Cornicen

Awards Showcase
Extraordinary Ride 

I am seriously considering trying to make this race as I've never been to one. Is there anything to the VIP Village or "Penthouse" tickets? Like these:

2 RedBull Indianapolis GP Tickets 8/28/11 MotoGP - eBay (item 250866028708 end time Aug-08-11 13:35:38 PDT)

post #27 of 93 Old 08-03-2011, 10:31 AM Thread Starter
Tesserarius

Awards Showcase

Not sure... Never wanted to spend that kind of money... The nice thing about the Penthouses is that you can watch both sides of the track as they have a back patio looking towards the back straight.

post #28 of 93 Old 08-03-2011, 10:37 AM
Milites Gregarius

If you are asking if they are good tickets, yes, they are very good. If you want "low stress" seats, you can't beat those.

post #29 of 93 Old 08-03-2011, 10:46 AM
Milites Gregarius

By the way, to clarify, all the Terrace seating is on the infield. E Penthouse is not a terrace seat so they would be on the outside of the track. All the action will be infront of you. I believe E Penthouse are one of the better penthouse seats because the bikes don't go "under" you. You won't be rocking back and forth in your chair the entire race trying to see the bikes. Look at the track map and you'll see what I mean.

You also have a huge video board in front of you if I'm not mistaken. If you want to go for the weekend, I'd snatch those up. You'll be glad you did.

post #30 of 93 Old 08-03-2011, 10:49 AM
Cornicen

Awards Showcase
Extraordinary Ride 

Thanks for the intel - exactly what I needed to know. I am going to do some research now to see if I get a hotel anywhere nearby. I am willing to splurge a little on the tickets if I am going to make the trek from Miami.

post #31 of 93 Old 08-03-2011, 12:58 PM
Milites Gregarius

Quote:
Originally Posted by mambomonster View Post
Thanks for the intel - exactly what I needed to know. I am going to do some research now to see if I get a hotel anywhere nearby. I am willing to splurge a little on the tickets if I am going to make the trek from Miami.
You got me thinking about it,... so I jumped on some tickets too. Penthouse B, but mine are race day only. Sweeeeeeeeeet!!

post #32 of 93 Old 08-03-2011, 01:53 PM
Cornicen

Awards Showcase
Extraordinary Ride 

Hmm something is wrong with that eBay price. Those penthouse E tickets are available on the Indy speedway website for 130 ea, so 260 for two. Why is that guy asking 315 for them, plus shipping?? I sent him an e-mail - he states that it's sold out but it is not.

post #33 of 93 Old 08-03-2011, 02:02 PM
Milites Gregarius

Its a multi-day ticket pass. Can't say if the price is any cheaper, but its a full weekend ticket.

$130 per ticket is just the raceday price.

Quote:
Hmm something is wrong with that eBay price. Those penthouse E tickets are available on the Indy speedway website for 130 ea, so 260 for two. Why is that guy asking 315 for them, plus shipping?? I sent him an e-mail - he states that it's sold out but it is not.

post #34 of 93 Old 08-03-2011, 02:20 PM
Cornicen

Awards Showcase
Extraordinary Ride 

Ah you're right, thanks. Two of the 2-day passes would be another $50, so that's $310 total. He has a starting bid of 315 plus 25 shipping - still seems high. Oh wait the Indy site has a $7 service fee, so that's 317...he's offering a $2 discount That is, before his shipping of 25...

post #35 of 93 Old 08-03-2011, 02:46 PM
Milites Gregarius

I see a 4 pack set of race day tickets on there now two seats down from me for almost half price. Buy them, and sell what you don't need. You have plenty of time.

Quote:
Ah you're right, thanks. Two of the 2-day passes would be another $50, so that's $310 total. He has a starting bid of 315 plus 25 shipping - still seems high. Oh wait the Indy site has a $7 service fee, so that's 317...he's offering a $2 discount That is, before his shipping of 25...

post #36 of 93 Old 08-04-2011, 03:07 AM Thread Starter
Tesserarius

Awards Showcase

Quote:
If you want to stay in a house, we have several members who have offered up extra beds... This option also makes it easy to party with us since you don't have to ride back to a hotel...

post #37 of 93 Old 08-04-2011, 06:35 AM
Cornicen

Awards Showcase
Extraordinary Ride 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaughnessy View Post
If you want to stay in a house, we have several members who have offered up extra beds... This option also makes it easy to party with us since you don't have to ride back to a hotel...
Thanks man I appreciate it. I will confirm in a day or two - have to work out my business travel plans for August to make sure I can get up there. As for the tickets, I only need one so I'm not sure what I'll buy yet. I definitely want a nice seat. My girlfriend recently left me, partially due to 919 envy, so I don't know if I'll be traveling alone or not. There are contract travel mates available in Miami so I have to check rates.

post #38 of 93 Old 08-05-2011, 09:56 AM Thread Starter
Tesserarius

Awards Showcase

Quote:
There are contract travel mates available in Miami so I have to check rates.
Oh really? Free Sugar Daddy Dating & Sugar Baby Personals

post #39 of 93 Old 08-06-2011, 05:26 AM
Cornicen

Awards Showcase
Extraordinary Ride 

Great minds think alike. Too bad I'm not a "wealthy benefactor" because otherwise one of those arrangements might work. I prefer to use day laborers.

It looks like my schedule is going to work out for a Indy trip. I'm still researching the seating differences. It appears that penthouse E may have a slightly better view than B, but I don't see much difference. Being able to see the Jumbotron is key, I think, as no seat allows you see more than a few sections of the track.

post #40 of 93 Old 08-06-2011, 06:36 AM
Milites Gregarius

You will have a better view of the Jumbotron in E, but the views of the track will be pretty much the same for the road course.

Quote:
Great minds think alike. Too bad I'm not a "wealthy benefactor" because otherwise one of those arrangements might work. I prefer to use day laborers.

It looks like my schedule is going to work out for a Indy trip. I'm still researching the seating differences. It appears that penthouse E may have a slightly better view than B, but I don't see much difference. Being able to see the Jumbotron is key, I think, as no seat allows you see more than a few sections of the track.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode