Keenland fall meet invite. - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 1 Old 09-10-2011, 01:26 PM Thread Starter
What's a 919?

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Veteran 
Total Awards: 2

Keenland fall meet invite.

Thought I'd send out an invite to anyone that might be interested in a fun weekend. The fall racing meets at Keenland race track are coming up Oct 7th - Oct 29th here in Lexington, KY. If you've never been to the horse races, it's quite a lot of fun, even if not placing bets and just enjoying the atmosphere. Hell, I just had fun dressing up and walking around stogie in one hand, beer in the other, and a few winning tickets in my pocket! Though smaller than the more famous Kentucky Derby, Keenland still has great electric feel, pageantry, and beautiful grounds and facilities to wander.

I had never been to a horse race and really had no interest until I was convinced to go earlier this year for the spring meets. I had such a surprisingly great time I invited my parents down and went again. My dad is far from a betting man as he is very conservative, but he still loved the tailgating outside the track, being within arms reach of the horses, and enjoying the exciting atmosphere.

If anyone would like to head to Lexington for a weekend, send me a PM. You've got a place to stay, some fun races to watch, and I know some fantastic Kentucky roads for motorcycling.

Link to the Keenland fall calendar schedule.
http://www.keeneland.com/lists/event...10%2F10%2F2011

Some pics from the spring meet.

mezzanine viewing area.

Daddy needs a new pair of motorcycle boots.

Bullpen betting area. Pretty hectic.

Awaiting horses at the show circle.

Said show circle.

We were going for a ride later...

Slow is smooth, smooth is fast.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode