post #1 of 4 Old 01-07-2007, 01:32 PM Thread Starter

Good roads in Indiana

other then 42 and 46 does anyone know of any good rides over by
Terre Haute? I like 42 more than 46.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 01-15-2007, 07:25 AM
Love Machine

Well i can tell you theirs nothing up here in northern Indiana. I'm in Northeast Indiana and it's pretty straight up here. I am planning another trip to southern Indiana this spring/summer.

Where are you at bkj1076? What part of Indiana?

Awarble,
07 Honda CBR600RR
My Site
post #3 of 4 Old 11-12-2007, 06:30 AM
orange

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Donation Community Service 
Total Awards: 6

Hey, just discovered this thread, several months late! You have to search for good roads in Indiana, but they're here...

42 up from Terre Haute to Cloverdale is a great ride, full of twisties and natural beauty. I used to live down in Owen County near Cataract Lake, good stuff.

We usually ride south from Indianapolis down 37, then there are a couple of options at Martinsville. 252 East from Martinsville is a smoothly paved and curvy road, fairly heavily traveled though. It hooks up with 135S, can take it either on down past Nashville, IN, or turn off on 45W and go to Bloomington. 45 is a great road, have to be careful though, hairpin curves and lots of hidden driveways.

My favorite road is probably Old 37. Just south of Martinsville, Old 37 cuts off from 37S and provides about 30 miles of delightful riding through the wooded hills of southern Indiana, ends up on the edge of Bloomington. Just rode it last weekend, a bit nippy, but still enjoyable, leaves were gorgeous!

post #4 of 4 Old 11-14-2007, 05:25 PM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

135 from Nashville to 58 to 450 at Bedford. 450's a dandy, but if it's your first time, take it easy. Can be treacherous at times. Be sure ansd stop at Williams Dam. From there it a very short hop to a long covered bridge. At shoals, stop at the ice cream shop and visit with the cream of Hoosier sport bike riders. Every one of them very friendly, humble, and talented. Head for French Lick. If you have your leathers on and have your MoJo working, there's going to be a knee on the tarmac. From French Lick take 145 past the lake, go to Birdseye, then south again on 145. That will put you at Possum Jct on 62. Head east. More knee down curves if you're feeling up to it. At Sulfur, go south on 66. The sign will say "Sharp curves next 38 miles". More knee downs, or just enjoy the scenery. Eat at Rocky Point and head home. Or if you can't make it home try to look me up. Usually free accomidations at the Snipers Nest for 919ers.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode