Good price on Zumo 550 - SCAM ALERT - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 5 Old 07-03-2008, 01:20 PM Thread Starter
Cornicen

Awards Showcase
Donation 
Total Awards: 1

Good price on Zumo 550 - SCAM ALERT

Just secured a good price on a Garmin Zumo 550 from www.technodigital.com
it was $469 NIB. Shipping ground is $14.90. July Fourth special includes a free cleaning kit and a screen protector. Total $483.90
Also you can get a $50 rebate on a SD card, but that's a seperate purchase.
Pretty good, and it's drop shipped direct from Garmin.

There's your plan and then there's God's plan.........
Your's doesn't matter.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 07-03-2008, 01:27 PM
Site Founder

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Extraordinary Ride Trackday Recognition Extraordinary Ride 
Total Awards: 6

that url redirects to http://www.exinos.com/ and doesn't appear to be what you meant.

in fact, googling "technodigital" returns some pretty ugly horror stories. Tell me you didn't place an order with them. If you did you might want to act now and try to save some heartache.

They also operate under the name 86th Street Video & Photo and THE CAMERA WIZ INC. and techondigital.com and TheDigitalNerds.com and DigitalSuperDeals.com - I was almost taken in by their price on the 550, I had the online order one click from finalizing but stopped at the last second to google them. Just seemed fishy that they were so much cheaper than anyone else. Sure enough, the search results proved my suspicion and saved me from getting ripped off.

That's mostly why I prefer to buy through amazon now. The prices are fair and I have a little more assurance that it's legitimate.

Read more on the scammers at http://forums.cnet.com/5208-7593_102...271817&start=0

post #3 of 5 Old 07-03-2008, 01:57 PM Thread Starter
Cornicen

Awards Showcase
Donation 
Total Awards: 1

Oh crap!
I checked out some of those scam reports and many are from late 2007, so I'm "hoping" things have been corrected accordingly. But I'm not very optomistic. And yes I see I did mis type the web site link but at this point I don't think it is worth corecting until the item arrives. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

There's your plan and then there's God's plan.........
Your's doesn't matter.

post #4 of 5 Old 07-03-2008, 02:00 PM
Site Founder

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Extraordinary Ride Trackday Recognition Extraordinary Ride 

looks like they'll want you to call them to confirm and then try to hardsell you into accessories. Refuse to buy anything more, insist they cancel your order. A few others have gone so far as to cancel their CC and order new ones.

Doesn't look like they've actually stolen from anyone, rather hardsell bait & switch and then cancel the order when you refuse to buy more. Follow your CC account very closely, these guys are bad news.

post #5 of 5 Old 07-08-2008, 05:43 PM
Site Founder

Awards Showcase

How did this turn out Fishfilet300?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode