Follow up Indiana/Midwest ride - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 8 Old 05-19-2009, 05:47 PM Thread Starter
Imaginifer

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 2

Follow up Indiana/Midwest ride

I just wanted to start a new thread to get going on another ride in the near future. I have talked to Sbeau and JBLee about doing a more relaxed ride than we did on May 17th. I really enjoyed picking up the pace but I want to include our cruiser riding buddies as well.

I am sure we can/will get a more spirited get together going soon too.

This is just the start of the thread. Please toss out some ideas and lets get another ride going. Memorial day weekend is the only busy weekend I have for a while so anything after that is good.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 05-19-2009, 06:03 PM
Primus Pilus

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Donation 

Yea, head north! Now that's an Idea!!!

post #3 of 8 Old 05-19-2009, 07:28 PM
"VonZipper"

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Donation 

I was thinking Lieber State Recreation Area, off to the West of Indy, it has some nice roads and the ones to the upper and lower falls are not too bad to ride on.

But there is a road out east off of 70 just before you hit Ohio, I think it's the last exit in IN that if you go north...YOWSA! Jim

If you have a Ten Dollar Head, get a $10.00 Helmet.

post #4 of 8 Old 05-19-2009, 07:31 PM
orange

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Donation Community Service 
Total Awards: 6

We're both up for more group rides. A more relaxed one would be fun as well, certainly a blast to hustle it through the twisties, but taking your time and enjoying the scenery has its merits.

I did a nice 3 hour ride today checking out the '04 FJR, headed down 37 south from Indy, took Old SR37 just south of Martinsville down past the state forest to the edge of Bloomington. Took 46 through Bloomington and caught 45 East, outstanding road that goes over to Bean Blossom on 135. Took 135 north to Morgantown and then 252 west back to Martinsville. Totaled 140 miles, highly recommend the route for anyone from Indy wanting a short ride full of great roads.

post #5 of 8 Old 05-19-2009, 08:45 PM
Vintage Honda

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 1

We enjoy Northeast Indiana with the lake roads and such. Two vintage events for anyone interested. Sat June 6th - Hayden Honda in Kendallville is having a vintage show from 10 until 2. First year for the show. Nice dealership. 2.5 hours N. of Indy.

Also June 14th (Sunday) 100 miles North of Kendallville - between Battle Creek and Kalamazoo MI is The Gilmore Museum vintage show. Great venue. We leave from Hayden's on Sunday morning at 8 sharp. Nice group ride up. good show...

The vintage show of the year is at mid-Ohio (Lexington OH) July 24th. Vintage races - demo rides - it is all there.... that would be a good group ride with an overnight possible. If you like old bikes of ANY manufacture they will be there... New bikes like Ducati and Triumph as well as Harley and Kaws. are usually there to demo. Honda is typically at homecoming that weekend but I don't know what the status of that is with the Marysville OH plant switching from wings to cars.

post #6 of 8 Old 05-20-2009, 03:47 AM
Fool in the Rain

Garage

Awards Showcase
Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Extraordinary Ride Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 4

Mid-Ohio vintage weekend is a great show. Haven't been in a few years.

"Towards the end of the vid, it looks like she may have had a bafflectomy." - MarylandMike
post #7 of 8 Old 05-20-2009, 06:12 AM
orange

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Donation Community Service 
Total Awards: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaJim View Post
Mid-Ohio vintage weekend is a great show. Haven't been in a few years.
We're going this year, BSA is the featured Marque. Was going to sell the Thunderbolt there but Dr. J's friend already took it off my hands.

post #8 of 8 Old 05-20-2009, 09:55 AM
Sixty-9er

Let me know if you come around to the chi.

"Grip it and Rip it!"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode