Deals Gap - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 24 Old 03-02-2011, 11:29 AM Thread Starter
Michael

Deals Gap

Ive been looking back at some earlier post and noticed that a few of you met up at Deals Gap in 2010. How did the ride go and are you planning another? Any pic's?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 Old 03-02-2011, 11:42 AM
LDH
Test Rider

Awards Showcase
Trackday Recognition Referral Award 
Total Awards: 2

You live in Alabama presumably close to the greatest motorcycle racetrack in the entire world Barber Motorsports Park and you want info on a street ride in a cop infested area full of squids...

post #3 of 24 Old 03-03-2011, 07:34 AM
I am BATMAN!!!

Awards Showcase
Outstanding Restoration Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 3

You'll find the ride report for this one over on moto-rush, and the plans are to head back the first week of June this year, meetin on the 4th of June to start. Easiest way for me to give you the info is just link the threads, not trying to step on any toes here.
here's the trip report
DEALS GAP 2010..... THE FIRST ANNUAL RUSHIN THE DRAGON......

and here's this years planning thread
2nd annual moto-rushin deals gap..............

"He was a wise man who invented Beer"--Plato

post #4 of 24 Old 03-03-2011, 05:03 PM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

Awards Showcase
Donation 
Total Awards: 1

Damnit, had I known a group from here had planned it, I would have mentioned that I will likely be there May 1-7th. A group of buddies from IRC are meeting up there, and have a house for the week at a heck of a price (lets just say, you couldn't beat the price...)

There will be homebrew there, and a group of riders that will likely school me (not hard) at every curve. Unfortunately since I'll be taking that week off, and the week of the 4th of july, I will have 0 vacation left for a WT meetup this year. Maybe next year!

if you love your motorcycle, set it free.. if it comes back and hits you.. you highsided
post #5 of 24 Old 03-03-2011, 07:26 PM
Princeps Prior

I'm heading to the Gap for a week starting Friday May 13th-18th (7th year in a row for me).......I'll be down there with 2 different groups from Grand Rapids, MI.

Sent from my turbo charged iPhone using Tapatalk

post #6 of 24 Old 03-06-2011, 12:32 PM
just ride it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama View Post
Ive been looking back at some earlier post and noticed that a few of you met up at Deals Gap in 2010. How did the ride go and are you planning another? Any pic's?
Hey Bama,

If you're interested, we're have what we call "The Spring Swarm" in May in the 21st and 22nd, if you want to meet up with some fellow hornet riders, (mostly 599 riders) but we have a good time...

post #7 of 24 Old 03-06-2011, 12:35 PM
Discen

I wasnt on a trip to the gap last year but I will be there from May 21-28 if anyone wants to meet up! Damn Im excited

post #8 of 24 Old 03-06-2011, 01:40 PM
Ride Like You Stole It

sometime in June would be nice...
Keep me posted for any dates..

post #9 of 24 Old 03-06-2011, 04:03 PM
blur

Awards Showcase
Donation 

we were there. the guys from here decided to stay in tn. then the rockslide happened. we were on the nc. side. they had to ride like 60 miles to get to the dragon then 60 home. i'm always intrested in a gap ride we went twice last year

first pic was where the slide was,2nd is the picnic area across the street from the slide
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dragon july 2010 030.jpg (357.2 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg dragon july 2010 035.jpg (343.4 KB, 8 views)

'04 Honda 919, Candy apple red met., 17/44t sprockets,f-16 windscreen,delkevic ss exhaust,Tharbars,givi engine bars, billet alum. led turns w/ running lights,red adj.levers from china, bar end mirrors,grip heaters,adj. foot peg brackets,adj. bar risers,dunlop Q2(that are better than your pp 2ct,lol)bike wired for gps and phone charger
post #10 of 24 Old 03-06-2011, 06:32 PM
Princeps Prior

I was there last year when they decided to open up the GATE during the rock slide.

It was a once in a life time experience w/ very little traffic & cars....and once you figured out where the 2 LEO's were --- it was what ever pace you felt comfortable to ride.

post #11 of 24 Old 03-06-2011, 07:21 PM
Carp Killer

Totally thought you meant there was a gap in the deals..... I was about to agree with you. can't find a PC for a good price! :P

post #12 of 24 Old 03-06-2011, 10:56 PM
blur

Awards Showcase
Donation 

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctic954 View Post
I was there last year when they decided to open up the GATE during the rock slide.

It was a once in a life time experience w/ very little traffic & cars....and once you figured out where the 2 LEO's were --- it was what ever pace you felt comfortable to ride.
it was great,huh?

'04 Honda 919, Candy apple red met., 17/44t sprockets,f-16 windscreen,delkevic ss exhaust,Tharbars,givi engine bars, billet alum. led turns w/ running lights,red adj.levers from china, bar end mirrors,grip heaters,adj. foot peg brackets,adj. bar risers,dunlop Q2(that are better than your pp 2ct,lol)bike wired for gps and phone charger
post #13 of 24 Old 03-07-2011, 04:40 AM
just ride it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewvir View Post
it was great,huh?
all that's over with now...

post #14 of 24 Old 03-07-2011, 08:03 AM
Princeps Prior

I probably will never have the opportunity to ride like that down there again....... Just seems like everything came in line.....

Had my KTM 625 SMC supermoto.....a new set of Pirelli Super Corsa Pro slicks.....carburation was spot on...... The weather was perfect......everything on the bike felt great......

I will never forgot those few days.

Lol......even Ken Wheeler was out doing hot laps.....

post #15 of 24 Old 03-07-2011, 05:38 PM
blur

Awards Showcase
Donation 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb919er View Post
all that's over with now...
aren't you guys getting alot of rain again this year?? i hope you don't have a repete of last year

post #16 of 24 Old 03-09-2011, 07:47 AM
I am BATMAN!!!

Awards Showcase
Outstanding Restoration Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 3

Last year I had to ride an extra 100 miles out of the way coming back to avoid the flooding around Nashville.

Motel rooms are reserved June 3-6th for the guys I am meeting there

"He was a wise man who invented Beer"--Plato
post #17 of 24 Old 03-09-2011, 07:51 PM
just ride it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewvir View Post
aren't you guys getting alot of rain again this year?? i hope you don't have a repete of last year
I'm almost 200 miles from Nashville, we have gotten a lot of rain in the last few days, i

post #18 of 24 Old 03-12-2011, 10:07 AM
Tirone

I live here. 20 miles from the Dragon and , yes we are 1inch above normal for the year and the weeks forcast is like every 3rd day it'll rain , but its always iffy here. Bring a rainsuit no matter when you come. The joke is that if we want rain we go ride WAYAH RD. ! Seems like it hits us every time. Today is sunny and low 60's and I'm puttin' on the helmet and gonna ride the mini-dragon up to Foothills Parkway. My apologies to anyone north of here.

post #19 of 24 Old 03-12-2011, 12:46 PM
blur

Awards Showcase
Donation 

i was just saying i think all the rockslides y'all had last year were due to the amount of snow/rain

post #20 of 24 Old 03-12-2011, 06:27 PM
Princeps Prior

Wow....how awesome would it be to have those playground roads in your backyard. Too bad the local economy in TN wasn't better job wise.

post #21 of 24 Old 03-12-2011, 06:59 PM
just ride it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by old smoky View Post
I live here. 20 miles from the Dragon and , yes we are 1inch above normal for the year and the weeks forcast is like every 3rd day it'll rain , but its always iffy here. Bring a rainsuit no matter when you come. The joke is that if we want rain we go ride WAYAH RD. ! Seems like it hits us every time. Today is sunny and low 60's and I'm puttin' on the helmet and gonna ride the mini-dragon up to Foothills Parkway. My apologies to anyone north of here.
I'm in North Knoxville, we'll need to meet up and ride sometime...

post #22 of 24 Old 03-13-2011, 04:50 AM
Tirone

Unfortunately I sold my niner last sunday, and have my carbon pipes and centerstand for sale on here now.(stand is sold). I only have my KLR650, but I rode it yesterday cause we have GOOD weather. I think I'm gonna get another V-Strom 1000. Thats what I sold before I bought the 919 last year. I really miss the strom. Rode it from here to Utah and Colorado and back last year and loved it. Dont think I would have faired well at all on the 919. So, I'm hunting a replacement now...but I'm retired and always ready to ride. Call anytime. I live at the southern end of Maryville. Eddie 865 406 3224

post #23 of 24 Old 03-13-2011, 08:09 AM
Princeps Prior

A Vstrom would be an excellent bike down there..... Ever heard of a guy called Tank?

Btw - I'm sure we've crossed paths a time or two down there.

post #24 of 24 Old 03-13-2011, 08:23 AM
Tirone

I may have ridden behind you at one time or another. From the looks of your picture I doubt if I kept you in sight very long. We REALLY get a lot of Mich. people here. Ya'll have good taste in where to ride on vacation!
Yep, I've had 2 650 stroms and 2 1000's.....they are great bikes and bulletproof.
But to each his. Whatever fits you and does what you want it to do is the right bike.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode