Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner

Anyone in Winston Salem NC to check out a 919?

2K views 19 replies 8 participants last post by  Saki GT 
#1 ·
#10 ·
Yeah, let this one go Saki.

It's got a seat, windscreen & mirrors (not listed).
I got my 02 from a private party sale (craigslist) 2 years ago for $4000.
It was all stock + the same mirrors as this one & a PCIII.

There are better 02s out there for less. (the only issue is whether or not they're for sale)

#4 ·
tell them to lay off the crack pipe...

the black book trade in on a 2007 919 in good shape is 4980.00 ....

and for the record i work as a salesman at motorsports of ft lauderdale... in ft lauderdale, fl... and i own a 919..

imho.. thats worth 3000.00.... out the door... if they wont play ball .... find another field to play in..

#6 ·
Yes, price is definitely high - you can almost get an 06 for what they are asking from what I've seen. I guess they are tryiong to pay off the new showroom...

I'm just starting to look, but I like the matte black on the 02-03 919s. Thanks for checking it out.

#9 ·
Send this page to a friend!
Contact a sales representative about this bike

2007 - Honda - 919

Right

Think of the 919 as the open-class sportbike with tons of attitude—and its sleeves rolled up. With its sportbike-derived powerplant, rigid and lightweight steel chassis, this stripped-down screamer is all business, ready to take on any road. Just ask Honda's race mechanics—it's hands-down the favorite ride on their day off.

Engine

Engine Type 919cc liquid-cooled inline four-cylinder
Bore x Stroke 71.0mm x 58.0mm
Displacement 919
Compression Ratio 10.8:1
Valve Train DOHC; four valves per cylinder
Carburetion Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI) with manual enr
Ignition Computer-controlled digital with three-dimensional mapping
Transmission

Transmission Six-speed
Final Drive #530 O-ring-sealed chain
Chassis

Front Suspension 43.0mm cartridge fork with adjustable preload and compression-damping; 4.3 inch travel
Rear Suspension Single shock with seven-position spring-preload adjustability; 5.0-inch travel
Front Brakes Dual full-floating 296.0mm discs with four-piston calipers
Rear Brakes Single 240.0mm disc with single-piston caliper
Front Tire 120/70ZR-17 radial
Rear Tire 180/55ZR-17 radial
Dimensions

Seat Height 31.3 inches
Rake 25.0 degrees
Trail 98.0mm (3.9 inches)
Wheelbase 57.5 inches
Dry Weight 428 pounds
Fuel Capacity 5.0 gallons
Other

Colors Candy Red
Model ID CB900F
Starting at $8499
Sale Price $6599
Promotion Notes Sale Ends 12/31/08 Limited Supply

Contact a sales representative about this bike
Note: Price does not include freight, prep, tax, licensing and other fees. Deptford Honda Yamaha is not responsible for typographical errors.

dhy has brand new(07) 9er for $6600, so your only looking at 1500 difference between new and 5yr old + milage, so,yea i would think you could pick that 02 up for a lot,lot less. oh,and dhy is not known for low prices either.

#11 ·
Thanks. $5k is definitely not a price I' pay for an 02 - I see most nice 02-03s going for $3-4k, so thats the ballpark for offers. I'm not married to any particular year, but from what I know of the 919, the bike is basically unchanged and simple aftermarket mods can make the difference anyway.

My biggest problem is finding a nice 919 close enough to me.

#12 ·
I'm not the type to start conflicts, & I'm not trying to start one now... but this is a perfect example of why I'm so "anti-dealership".

I understand needing to make a profit to keep afloat, but this seems a bit rediculous.

3 years ago I was in my local PowerSportsPro checking out a silver 04 that had been sitting on the floor for at least a year. I bumped into a friend of mine who happened to be there & he had asked me if the exhaust on the 919 was 4 into 2 or 4-into-1-into-2. At the time I wasn't sure so I knelt down & checked. I was stunned when I saw a bunch of cobwebs under the bike...SERIOUSLY, it had been sitting that long.

As I was observing this, a salesperson came by & asked if she could help me.
I said, "Do you realize there are cobwebs under this bike!?"
She laughed & said, "I hope you're not serious"
I'm like, "yeah, I AM SERIOUS. Let's go have a talk."

My wife & I sat down with her, killed a few minutes filling out paperwork in anticipation of making a deal. Now, I forget exactly what they were asking for this leftover silver beauty, I think it was about $5500. Of course I had been coming in every few weeks for the past year or two so I knew it had been there a while - the cobwebs were a dead giveaway too. So I threw out some low-ball price thinking if they can't move a bike in nearly a year & a half, surely they'd want to make room for something else that'll bring in more money.

Nope.

She tells me they wouldn't be able to bend more than $60.00 on the price. :glare:

My wife & I turn to each other in disbelief...

"Okaaay?," as we stand up to leave, "good luck to ya!"

I was in the same PSP this summer, what did I see in the back?

A poor, beaten silver '04, used & abused. Dent in the tank, scrapes on the side, sitting with the other used bikes.
Price tag: $5300.00
No thanks. :flip2:

3 of the 4 vehicles I currently own (1 car, 1 pickup, 2 bikes) came from private sales.
AutoTrader / CycleTrader, & craigslist - all were no-hassle deals, friendly people who I'd have no issues dealing with again. I know that not everyone will agree with this practice because they have to have something new. If you're one of those people, I say sincerely "THANK YOU", treat your new car/truck/motorcycle with love & care (cause it's your "baby")... then when you're done with it, sell it to someone like me. :laugh:

#13 ·
I
3 of the 4 vehicles I currently own (1 car, 1 pickup, 2 bikes) came from private sales.
AutoTrader / CycleTrader, & craigslist - all were no-hassle deals, friendly people who I'd have no issues dealing with again. I know that not everyone will agree with this practice because they have to have something new. If you're one of those people, I say sincerely "THANK YOU", treat your new car/truck/motorcycle with love & care (cause it's your "baby")... then when you're done with it, sell it to someone like me. :laugh:
+1...I've bought just about every car, truck or bike I've owned in this same fashion and have had great success :thumbup1:

#14 ·
Yes, not to get too OT, but some dealerships are ridiculous with their pricing. Granted the 919 was expensive when new, but you can't help but trip over "new" 06-07 919s sitting in dealerships - they are three years "new" at this point. Yet, they don't take up much space, so I guess dealers are okay waiting for someone to come in and buy one at tag.

My closest dealer (Raleigh) has a repainted used 06 for $6400, just reduced to 6100... Its been dropped.

I'm always open to private sales and CL, but there aren't many used 919s near enough for me to get them without shipping, and then you're back up at dealer prices...

So, I'm looking within a close distance, biding my time...

#15 ·
I hate dealing with dealerships too. I bought my last vehicle new from CarMax, no haggle price, all vehicles are listed on the internet, and they actually keep it up to date and show the invoice price and rebates, so when you go there the car you saw on the net is there. No BS, get in and out. I would buy again in a minute. Most other dealership I will walk away after talking to a salesman for 5 minutes.:2guns:

#18 ·
Saki--I went and looked at the bike yesterday. It's pretty clean, but--and I'm a stickler for cleanliness--with only 9,000 some-odd miles on her, I expected it to be a little cleaner. It does have stainless brake lines and the factory screen. Small, small dimple on the tank, about where you'd put a protector. I asked the Sales guy and gal (she was 'in training'--very cute, BTW) how much they would come off their price, and I got the same dealer-talk you always get; "When will he (you) be able to come look at the bike?......It depends when he comes and buys it......You know, it's better to come in at the end of the month; that's when we have more haggle room..." Blah, blah, blah...

Bike is overpriced, and these guys are not motivated at all to sell. Just to give you an idea, they have 4 '07 919's on the floor, and they are all tagged with MSRP. They aren't even trying to sell these things. These same 4 have been on their floor since this past Spring. Forget H of WS. Talk to Barton--he's a stand-up guy, plus he's one of us! Or, there's always these guys (I bought from them in Oct, '07): http://www.southernhonda.com/default.asp They have '07's for $6,783.

Good luck! Whereabouts are you in NC?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.