Anyone around Tacoma/Pierce County, Washington? - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 9 Old 03-04-2009, 08:08 AM
hairball919

Anyone around Tacoma/Pierce County, Washington?

I'm looking for people around my area that like to ride but aren't afraid of little cold. I only ride if the streets are dry, but the temp or clouds don't scare me off. If that were the case I'd sell the bike or move to California. I'm "semi-retired" (not at retirement age, just taking an early long-term vacation) so I am available to go riding 7 days a week, not just weekends, and I do! Every chance I get, I ride!

I've even posted on Craigslist trying to find anyone to ride around with. Nothing really long like across States. Just daily zips around Pierce County or King County or out into the backroads and farming areas. Not concerned about your age or gender or type/brand of bike you ride. I've just found over the years that it can get a bit boring going on rides all the time by yourself. It's always more fun having a second person there to talk to when you stop for a break or coffee or a smoke. I know this sounds like a wierd request, but I assure you I'm not some wierdo or theif or perv. Just a guy who loves to ride any chance he can. My buddy always says it's too cold, so he hasn't gone riding with me even once in the 3+ months I've had my bike! Let me know! PM me if you live in the Pierce County area. Let's ride around! Hit the waterfronts, the twisties, the backroads, the ocean, the peninsula, where ever. Longer all-day rides would be cool too.

Groups or individuals, either way, I've been wanting to make the ride down to Vancouver, then along Highway 14 on the Washington side of the Columbia River, then on to Hwy 395 to Kennewick, then North to Wenatchee, then West on Hwy 97 and 2 through Levenworth and end up at Monroe. I've been across Hwy 14 a few times to Tri-Cities both by car and bike and it's awesome! I lived in Kennewick so I'm quite familiar with it. Don't really have to take highway 2 back. Any route. Hwy 12 through Yakima, Packwood, Randle and Morton is even more awesome! This "little" ride could easily be done in one day, and would be so much fun. Bring your camera! Anyone up to it?

Let me know, I'm ready any time and I'll leave the Coronas at home!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 03-04-2009, 08:12 AM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

Good luck finding someone Hairball. Id ride with you if you were in GA

'04 919---40k----6/18/10 SOLD

http://s603.photobucket.com/home/ZookMor/index
post #3 of 9 Old 03-05-2009, 06:20 AM
hairball919

Thanks, zookmor. It's amazing how hard it is to find people to ride with in the winter around here. Heck, it's not like we have a foot of snow! Sure, it's been in the 40's & 50's during the day, but that's why you buy a suit or jacket. I ride every chance I get, but notice 90% of the bikes out there on the roads this time of year are Harleys. Guess those guys have no feelings in their nerve endings, or they are so dedicated they don't care how cold or wet it is. Myself, as long as it's DRY outside I ride, even if just around town for an hour or two.

post #4 of 9 Old 03-05-2009, 02:28 PM
The Guy passing you...

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation BOTM Donation 
Total Awards: 5

HairBall, check out

http://pnwriders.com/

It is the Pacific Northwest Riders forum. Plenty of rides with folks there.

-Dave

"I live my life in a confused haze only to be interrupted by moments of brilliance..."

post #5 of 9 Old 03-06-2009, 07:17 AM
hairball919

Thumbs up THANKS, EVAD101

I'm in! Same username and avatar. I'm excited to find people in the Tacoma or Seattle (maily around Pierce County). I appreciate the link!

post #6 of 9 Old 03-06-2009, 07:42 AM
Wookie

Awards Showcase
Donation 
Total Awards: 1

Well if I venture over there I'll be riding all the time. In Wisconsin I ride in single digits.

'02 RC-51
'10 Unicycle

post #7 of 9 Old 03-06-2009, 08:32 AM
hairball919

Thumbs up I'm in MC heaven...

Thanks to Evad101, I already found TWO threads about group rides in/from Tacoma for today, Friday the 6th! (And I'm still searching the threads!)

Hey, Evad101, what's your username in the PNW forum? Same?

post #8 of 9 Old 03-08-2009, 07:22 PM
The Guy passing you...

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation BOTM Donation 
Total Awards: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairball919 View Post
Thanks to Evad101, I already found TWO threads about group rides in/from Tacoma for today, Friday the 6th! (And I'm still searching the threads!)

Hey, Evad101, what's your username in the PNW forum? Same?
Yep, its the same. I don't post over there much. (And haven't posted much here in a while)

-Dave

"I live my life in a confused haze only to be interrupted by moments of brilliance..."

post #9 of 9 Old 03-09-2009, 12:40 AM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

Awards Showcase
Veteran Extraordinary Ride Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 3

Hey Hairball,

I'm heading up that direction the first week of april. I'm going to Hillsboro Oregon to visit my sister and my wee nephew, but while I'm up there I'll be going to Ft Lewis area to do some exploring....I'm considering taking a job as a trainer with the Army there...I should be in Oregon by friday april 3rd...I'm planning my trip to take me south through new Mexico and then west to California then north till I arrive. Havent decided on whether to take the PCH route or the inland route through California yet...BUT more on point, lets meet up and do a ride while I'm in the area! PM me if you're interested

Well, fire the engines! Spur this iron space-pony on!

"The Shadow"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode