08 Indy Moto GP Meet (Sponsored By Wrist Twisters 919 Riders) - Wrist Twisters
Closed Thread

post #1 of 66 Old 09-05-2007, 09:29 AM Thread Starter
Vintage Honda

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 1

08 Indy Moto GP Meet (Sponsored By Wrist Twisters 919 Riders)

I would like to know more about a 919 get together.

How about the moto GP in Indy next year? Sunday Sept. 14, 2008. Meet Friday night.

Ride south to southern IN., where the hills begin and the curves are included, on Sat.. South out of Indy then:

http://www.motorcycleroads.us/roads/in45.html,

Backto the Brugge Brasserie in Broad Ripple; http://www.bruggebrasserie.com/ , for steamers and microbrew.

Raceday on Sunday.

The weather is typically mild in the high 60s lower 70s (exept when it hits 85 or 38 and sleet - it is Indiana after all)

Just a thought. I am looking fo an excuse to go to the race.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 66 Old 09-05-2007, 10:56 AM
9-5-4, 9-2-9, means 9-1-9

Garage

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation Veteran 
Total Awards: 3

I am game. Just pondering wether to do a xcountry ride or throw the 919 in the back of a truck.

2005 Honda 919
If you bite the hand that feeds you, it won't taste as good as the food you were fed.
PGR #120827

Xbox Live: Nine19CnynCrvr / www.facebook.com/bdong625
post #3 of 66 Old 09-05-2007, 11:02 AM
Crotchety Rocket

Awards Showcase
Donation Extraordinary Ride 
Total Awards: 2

In. When do tix go on sale? Should also be a WT get together, not just 9ers.

My goal is simple. It is a complete understanding of the universe, why it is as it is and why it exists at all.
- Stephen Hawking

post #4 of 66 Old 09-05-2007, 11:09 AM
orange

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Donation Community Service 
Total Awards: 6

See the Midwest Ride Planning thread under Events, we're working on this already...

But that being said, I've been pushing for a MotoGP get together in Indy. I'd like to also have a party at Spencer's Stadium Tavern downtown, as I am a partner there and can provide a cool, bike friendly atmosphere. Happy to help play host, but let's not duplicate our efforts on two separate threads.

post #5 of 66 Old 09-05-2007, 11:35 AM
Crotchety Rocket

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbeau1960 View Post
See the Midwest Ride Planning thread under Events, we're working on this already...

But that being said, I've been pushing for a MotoGP get together in Indy. I'd like to also have a party at Spencer's Stadium Tavern downtown, as I am a partner there and can provide a cool, bike friendly atmosphere. Happy to help play host, but let's not duplicate our efforts on two separate threads.
Link to other thread...

My goal is simple. It is a complete understanding of the universe, why it is as it is and why it exists at all.
- Stephen Hawking
post #6 of 66 Old 09-05-2007, 11:50 AM Thread Starter
Vintage Honda

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 

Thanks. I need to learn to pay more attention - wait a minute - I can't spend all day here. I should be riding it is 85 and perfect outside.

I like the Spencer's Stadium Tavern idea - The Brugge is an option for another time?

Tickets are on sale.

I liked J stands for the F-1 race - they were "fabulous". The motoGP will be run couterclockwise - like Indy - unlike F-1 - therefore my turn 1-2-3-4-5- view will be turns 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 view. Uncovered seating - the highest seats are rows JJ and, again, I feel the higher the better.

Seat location is like living on a lake. All of your neighbors will say THEY have the best view. Some like the start finish - others only want the chacanes.

I will wait to buy my tickets until I hear whats up. Group discount. Right now J stands are $125 apiece. (higher by $15 than F-1).

So it is with a tear in my eye that I say goodbye to F-1... but then there was motoGP.

post #7 of 66 Old 09-05-2007, 05:08 PM
Milites Gregarius

There's a group of us riding up from NC if anyone is interested. The guys are riding and the women are flying in with all the luggage. If I remember correctly (probably not), we're leaving that Thursday.
Man, I'm excited already. And I just read that the 125's and 250's will be there too. Didn't get to see those at Laguna.

post #8 of 66 Old 09-06-2007, 08:38 AM
orange

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Donation Community Service 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR. J View Post
Thanks. I need to learn to pay more attention - wait a minute - I can't spend all day here. I should be riding it is 85 and perfect outside.

I like the Spencer's Stadium Tavern idea - The Brugge is an option for another time?

Tickets are on sale.

I liked J stands for the F-1 race - they were "fabulous". The motoGP will be run couterclockwise - like Indy - unlike F-1 - therefore my turn 1-2-3-4-5- view will be turns 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 view. Uncovered seating - the highest seats are rows JJ and, again, I feel the higher the better.

Seat location is like living on a lake. All of your neighbors will say THEY have the best view. Some like the start finish - others only want the chacanes.

I will wait to buy my tickets until I hear whats up. Group discount. Right now J stands are $125 apiece. (higher by $15 than F-1).

So it is with a tear in my eye that I say goodbye to F-1... but then there was motoGP.
I think stands J or H on the northwest end, or stands B or E at the southwest corner will be great viewing for the MotoGP. You'll be able to see the twisties as well as the main straight, 215mph! Here's the link to order tix: http://www.redbullindianapolisgp.com/

Plenty of great bars in town, don't have to limit ourselves to one I suggested Spencer's Stadium Tavern since as a partner I can ensure we're well taken care of there.

If anyone needs help booking lodging, advice on our city, or drunken transportation while you're in town, let me know. I'm in the transportation business and am very familiar with our city's attractions and hotels, will be glad to help out.

I'll miss F1 as well, especially the hot European women it brought to town, but I think the RedBull girls will make up for it...

post #9 of 66 Old 09-06-2007, 08:49 AM
Crotchety Rocket

Awards Showcase

All right, I'm definitely in for it. I've never been to a MotoGP, so I have no idea what to expect. I'd rather buy tickets with a group of you all so I'm not stuck by myself (unless the seats aren't numbered), so do we want to work on a tally of tickets, then pay one person and have them buy a block?

Gonna be sweet!

- Stephen Hawking
post #10 of 66 Old 09-06-2007, 08:57 AM
orange

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmelnick View Post
All right, I'm definitely in for it. I've never been to a MotoGP, so I have no idea what to expect. I'd rather buy tickets with a group of you all so I'm not stuck by myself (unless the seats aren't numbered), so do we want to work on a tally of tickets, then pay one person and have them buy a block?

Gonna be sweet!
Seats are numbered, I'll be glad to be the local guy on the ground doing the leg work if we want to buy a group of tickets together.

My first MotoGP too, was blown away at the Announcement day presentation though, should be awesome.

post #11 of 66 Old 09-06-2007, 09:54 AM
9-5-4, 9-2-9, means 9-1-9

Garage

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation Veteran 

If we all ride there together might as well sit around each other. Besides the youngest person does the food and beer runs. Ah crap, that's me. How about the oldest guy? Just think it is good exercise¿

2005 Honda 919
If you bite the hand that feeds you, it won't taste as good as the food you were fed.
PGR #120827

Xbox Live: Nine19CnynCrvr / www.facebook.com/bdong625
post #12 of 66 Old 09-06-2007, 04:36 PM
Living the dream

Thread moved and new title.
post #13 of 66 Old 09-06-2007, 04:38 PM
Fool in the Rain

Garage

Awards Showcase
Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Extraordinary Ride Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLR_Nate View Post
Thread moved and new title.
Thanks.

"Towards the end of the vid, it looks like she may have had a bafflectomy." - MarylandMike
post #14 of 66 Old 09-06-2007, 04:40 PM
Living the dream

My tickets are already on order. Have other friends coming also. No reason we can't all meet up during the race or post race.

Still working on securing a hotel and I know lots of other members will be there.
post #15 of 66 Old 09-06-2007, 04:45 PM
Fool in the Rain

Garage

Awards Showcase
Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Extraordinary Ride Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 

I posted this before, but for a refresher:
Tickets are on order as of the day they went on sale.
Should be there Thursday and leave the Monday after the race.
I'll be in a motorhome onsite, haven't heard what lot yet. We'll also have two Zumas and a truck towed behind the motorhome.

"Towards the end of the vid, it looks like she may have had a bafflectomy." - MarylandMike
post #16 of 66 Old 09-06-2007, 05:10 PM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

We need to get those girls in Hairy the Hornet shirts.

The 9'ER girls !

post #17 of 66 Old 09-06-2007, 06:47 PM
Crotchety Rocket

Awards Showcase

Thanks Nate! Way to pass your first big Moderator test.

OK, so it sounds like a bunch of people already have their tickets. I really don't want to chill by myself, and I have no idea what the "good" places are to sit. So, in the name of organization and stuff, I will officially volunteer to collect money and buy a bunch of seats for the stragglers who don't have tickets yet. I shall plan to make a purchase of tickets maybe in a week to give enough people to decide to come. Please PM me if you want "in". I will accept PayPal or a promise to pay, cuz I trust you fools. I will need instructions on what section to buy tickets in. Or, if someone else is more knowledgeable and wants to take over for me, volunteer yourself! Then we can all get together before/after and hang with all the peeps that already have tickets. Sound good?

Edit: Looks like sbeau1960 already volunteered to be the ground man, so never mind. I really gotta read posts before posting myself...sheesh...sbeau1960, count me in. I'm going to talk with some people here see if I can get anyone else to come from here, but I'm in 100%. Let me know the best way to get you cash to buy a ticket (PayPal, check, whatever)

- Stephen Hawking
post #18 of 66 Old 09-06-2007, 06:56 PM
Legatus Legionis

Awards Showcase
Community Leadership Donation Donation Community Leadership 

Think outside the box, make it a WT event, not just 919 riders.

post #19 of 66 Old 09-06-2007, 06:56 PM
Fool in the Rain

Garage

Awards Showcase

You have to pick your "best" four options in order.

Mike, it's open to everybody. Just the smart 9ers got it going in a thread.

post #20 of 66 Old 09-06-2007, 07:11 PM
Crotchety Rocket

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMike View Post
Think outside the box, make it a WT event, not just 919 riders.
It's open for all, of course. Just "sponsored" by 9ers cause we're or-ga-niiiiized...

- Stephen Hawking
post #21 of 66 Old 09-06-2007, 07:23 PM
Site Founder

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Extraordinary Ride Trackday Recognition Extraordinary Ride 

our tickets are also pending. Looking forward to it.

post #22 of 66 Old 09-07-2007, 08:24 AM
orange

Awards Showcase

Cool, we have our own "official" organized planning thread now!

Ok, we should buy the tickets sooner rather than later, just to guarantee that we get what we want. Buying a block of tickets sounds like a good idea, might as well get to know each other and have some connection rather than just sitting next to strangers.

Now it comes down to how many people want tickets and what section? Or more accurately, what is our first choice, second choice, etc...

Maybe we could hear from those members that have already ordered tickets and see where they chose? I've been to countless races at the Speedway, but obviously this will be entirely different so I'm somewhat open, although as I stated earlier in this thread I'd probably choose something in E, J, B or H, and even SW Vista or NW Vista wouldn't be bad. I'm liking E because you can see them come off the 215mph main straight down into turn 1, watch them go through turns 2,3,4 and around the short chutes into 5 and 6. On the other end around J you could catch turns 10-16 and then see them head down the straight. The worst seats are on either side of the main straight, C, Paddock and A, you can only see what's right in front of you and that will just be a blur of fast bikes. Check out this map and start letting me know what everyone thinks. We'll figure out payment once we get this part handled.

post #23 of 66 Old 09-07-2007, 08:29 AM
Site Founder

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Extraordinary Ride Trackday Recognition Extraordinary Ride 

Tickets aren't for sale yet.
When you go to the indy site to order tickets you choose four seating preferences. Then you give your credit card info and commit to making the purchase. Once the tickets go on sale they are divvied up and sold in order of your "purchase" date.
Basically you wont know for sure where you're sitting until after they've charged your card.

post #24 of 66 Old 09-07-2007, 08:51 AM
Fool in the Rain

Garage

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetblast10 View Post
Tickets aren't for sale yet.
When you go to the indy site to order tickets you choose four seating preferences. Then you give your credit card info and commit to making the purchase. Once the tickets go on sale they are divvied up and sold in order of your "purchase" date.
Basically you wont know for sure where you're sitting until after they've charged your card.
Exactly. The sooner you get your preference request in the better.

They also include a spot for "notes" or something like that. If you don't want your quantity of tickets broken up between sections I would make sure to note that. One good way to try to get them to keep then together is to tell them you have small children in the group and do not want to be seperated.

(several members could qualify as children)

post #25 of 66 Old 09-07-2007, 09:23 AM
Crotchety Rocket

Awards Showcase

Sbeau, I'll leave the choice for my ticket in your capable hands Wherever the mass decides, I will follow, and pay accordingly. One ticket please!

- Stephen Hawking
post #26 of 66 Old 09-07-2007, 09:24 AM
Fool in the Rain

Garage

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Sbeau, I'll leave the choice for my ticket in your capable hands Wherever the mass decides, I will follow, and pay accordingly. One ticket please!
Tell him it was $5,000 and get us some entertainment.

post #27 of 66 Old 09-07-2007, 09:30 AM
Crotchety Rocket

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaJim View Post
Tell him it was $5,000 and get us some entertainment.
You can get a lot of strippertainment for $5g. Unfortunately, I may have to sell my bike to come up w/ the cash. Is that what you want Jim, is it?

- Stephen Hawking
post #28 of 66 Old 09-07-2007, 11:35 AM

This is what Nate and I requested for our tickets:

Choice 1: E BOX
Choice 2: B BOX
Choice 3: SOUTH VISTA SECTION 12 - 22
Choice 4: CORNER 7 TERRACE

post #29 of 66 Old 09-07-2007, 12:19 PM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

WTH? You gotta order tix for this thing NOW? Maaaaan.

post #30 of 66 Old 09-08-2007, 03:05 AM
orange

Awards Showcase

Quote:
You can get a lot of strippertainment for $5g. Unfortunately, I may have to sell my bike to come up w/ the cash. Is that what you want Jim, is it?

And if there's one thing Indy does well, it's strippertainment!

post #31 of 66 Old 09-08-2007, 12:30 PM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

How much time do I have ? I'd rather give the ordering person my request when I'm SURE I have cash in hand. Too far out for me to put someone at risk.

Many Garcias for the option though.

post #32 of 66 Old 09-08-2007, 01:58 PM
orange

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemonhead View Post
How much time do I have ? I'd rather give the ordering person my request when I'm SURE I have cash in hand. Too far out for me to put someone at risk.

Many Garcias for the option though.

You'll be able to buy tickets right up to race time, it's just that to get a preferred seating area, the earlier they're ordered, the better. I'm tempted to request a block of seats and pay for them, then just have people pay me back, but would want some idea first of how many people are fairly certain that they'll be attending. Don't really want to be in the ticket scalping business if we have several no shows.

The other option is that everyone orders their own seats and we hook up before and/or after the race for a get together and some scenic rides. I know it's hard to plan an entire year ahead, I don't even know what I'm doing tomorrow, let alone 12 months from now. Still, I'm glad to help put together a group of seats so let me know. So far I've just got a definite from cmelnick, anyone else?

Scott

post #33 of 66 Old 09-09-2007, 07:38 AM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

Well, it's 378 to Crestwood from my place, so that's do-able. GP is in the spring on memorial weekend ? Do I have that right ?

post #34 of 66 Old 09-09-2007, 07:52 AM
Crotchety Rocket

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemonhead View Post
Well, it's 378 to Crestwood from my place, so that's do-able. GP is in the spring on memorial weekend ? Do I have that right ?
Nope. There's two different events going on. The Indy GP is September 12-14, 2008 (race day is the 14th). The memorial day weekend is just going to be a WT meet around Louisville somewhere.

- Stephen Hawking
post #35 of 66 Old 09-09-2007, 08:49 AM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

Good to know good to know. Thanks Cmelnick.

post #36 of 66 Old 09-09-2007, 02:26 PM
BANNED!

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 

I'm IN.... ticket on order.

Hotel SOON!

I LOVE Tig Bitties!
post #37 of 66 Old 02-03-2008, 09:19 AM
Fool in the Rain

Garage

Awards Showcase

Big change in plans. Instead of the low budget POS 2004 38' Fleetwood Discovery being the mode of transportation, my buddy in Atlanta called yesterday and said we will be going in this:

http://www.fleetwoodrv.com/revolutionle/

Believe me the one he has now is nice, but he just placed the order for this 400hp beast. Check out the link and scroll through some of the pics. Tri-slide out! Very nice. I'll be styling. Come party with us.

post #38 of 66 Old 02-03-2008, 08:51 PM

Awards Showcase
Trackday Recognition 

oh you suck the big fat one!

post #39 of 66 Old 02-03-2008, 09:42 PM
The "Eagle" Has Landed

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueblur View Post
oh you suck the big fat one!
+1

But.... where are you guys leaving from? Are you passing anywhere near GA?

post #40 of 66 Old 02-04-2008, 12:25 AM

Awards Showcase
Trackday Recognition 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIM-RC51 View Post
+1

But.... where are you guys leaving from? Are you passing anywhere near GA?
dude where in GA do you live? i'm going with a buddy (and S.O.'s), leaving from Atlanta. dunno how we'll be on space, depends whether i get the excursion i'm wanting...

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode