Honda NC700X - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 5 Old 08-22-2012, 03:49 AM Thread Starter
Tirone

Honda NC700X

Not owning a car I have been using a Honda NTV 700 deauville as my every day transport my leisure bike being a VFR800X Crossrunner. This was my 3rd deauville the previous 2 being 650s. they were used for my 74 mile round trip to work and general transport 12 months a year.
To get to the point of this post after over 11 years on Deauvilles I thought it was time for a change so I bought a 2012 Honda NC700X as a replacement. So far rhis proved to be an excellent bike for the job the only drawback being chain drive. So far it is averageing 83.8 MPG imperial. With fuel in the Uk now costing the equivalent of over 8 US dollars a US gallon this is a big plus point. I believe that this bike is now becoming very popular in the US

[/SIGPIC]4 Wheels move the body 2 wheels move the soul
Audere est Facere
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 08-22-2012, 05:33 AM
Optio

Garage
I sat on one at my local Honda dealer. Ergo's are very good and reminded me of a stock niner. I couldn't believe the amount of storage it had. Looks like it would be a fun bike. Price was pretty good too.

2016 Honda Africa Twin
2007 Honda 919
1998 Kawi ZX9R (Sold)
post #3 of 5 Old 08-22-2012, 09:20 AM
Cornicen

Reminds me of a bigger version of the older Honda Pacific Coast.

post #4 of 5 Old 08-22-2012, 09:36 AM
"Whose ABBA ZABBA?"

Well, it is inspired from a scooter platform with a forward engine application.

It's not for me, but that doesn't mean shit to the world.

Practicality seems like it's strong suit.

I saw one at the MotoGP Laguna Seca last month. It garnered plenty of interest.

I put my seat of the pants estimate to it and come up with a conclusion that you could take this thing anywhere via any paved road and come up with a shiteating grin.

In my opinion, the M1 rifle is the greatest battle implement ever devised.
General George S. Patton
post #5 of 5 Old 09-26-2012, 06:35 PM
The chill Moderator

Awards Showcase
Veteran 
Total Awards: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by motojudo View Post
Reminds me of a bigger version of the older Honda Pacific Coast.
Nope a lot smaller than that. I worked with a guy for 4 years that rode his P.C. to work every day except when it was snowing or really really cold out.

I pulled up to work today and one was sitting in the parking lot. I spent about 20min looking it over. I didn't kick my leg over so I have no clue but, it gave an overall impression of just being way more compact then the 919. The engine has such a forward degree on it, it almost looks completely horizontal! The wind screen was 12-13" tall and at the 3" base (It's widest) it was about 10" wide and the top 9" was about 6" wide. It is utterly and completely useless in my opinion. It's pretty much a bug guard for the, also, teeny-tiny, itty-bitty infant toy size digital speedo. I would have like to have seen it on so I could give you a better review on it but just from a first look there is only a quick glance down to check your speed. You will be looking down for some time to try and read anything else like time or temp on it.

I will agree with Bigdaa though, this does look like you'll have a shit eating grin on your face for quick jaunts around town on PAVED roads. While it looks like its going after the styling of a BMW GS800 it is in NO WAY built to adventure bike specs. In fact the bike I looked at already had signs of tip overs all over it. I guess I would sum this up as a commuter bike with canyon carving potential, emphasis on potential

Never Trade the Thrills of Living for the Security of Existence.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode