Another Twin.... - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 13 Old 04-06-2011, 05:37 PM Thread Starter
Di"zx"en

Another Twin....

Well I got up pretty early this morning (4:30ish) and read the news, had my coffee, and browsed the classified bike section of one of the local papers.
What catches my eye??? A first gen, unmolested, non-track day'd 2001 SV650s w/6k miles. I said to myself, man those are pretty cool and the guy doesnt seem to trying to get rich off it. And besides, I've always kind of really wanted one. I e-mailed the guy and got a phone call back from him about an hr and a half later. Made arangements for later in the afternoon with him and went and took a look. Well I ended up meeting a pretty cool cat and also ended up with a really really really nice SV.

That'll work........
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 04-06-2011, 05:44 PM
Discen

:

and, what did ya pay?

post #3 of 13 Old 04-06-2011, 05:45 PM
rmb
Let's go!

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 9

Congrats! God luck with her!

post #4 of 13 Old 04-07-2011, 02:33 PM Thread Starter
Di"zx"en

Absolutely a beautifull day for riding if you've gotten use to freezing temperatures over the past 6 mos. Got in a little over 80 miles on the SV.
A shots of it at its first gas stop...
I liked the Hawk but friggen love this SV.

That'll work........
post #5 of 13 Old 04-07-2011, 02:36 PM
(-(-(-(-(- -)-)-)-)-)

Did you get the James Bond edition?

* I see it now. At first I just saw the gas station pic

post #6 of 13 Old 06-25-2011, 09:34 PM Thread Starter
Di"zx"en

New site looks pretty cool! Just wanted to Give a short 2500 mile update on the SV. I'm absolutely in love with this motorcycle. Not the fastest thing out there if you've been riding a liter bike but man is it just fun to ride. I've thrown a few dollars at it which got me a Traxxion drop in fork kit,(new springs,damper rods, oil and emulators) completely went through the carbs and replaced everything that touched fuel or was rubber and a new petcock for good measure. I fattened the jetting up just a touch and have a brand new set of Dunlop Q2's waiting in the wings. The Brigs are still pretty meaty and cant justify pitching them just yet. This is one bike that everyone should own just once at some point. Its just a blast.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sv_right.jpg (149.6 KB, 32 views)

That'll work........
post #7 of 13 Old 09-19-2012, 08:12 PM Thread Starter
Di"zx"en

Just a quick update while I'm in the Twin section. The SV has been in my care,custody and control
for over a year and half now
and am still in lust with it everytime I take it out. I've recently aquired some pretty trick bolt ons that I think a few of you guys will appreciate for it...Stay tuned...

That'll work........
post #8 of 13 Old 09-19-2012, 08:28 PM
Will fly for food.

Garage
Too cool! I'm in the process of acquiring a nekkid '01 SV650 and really look forward to how I like it. My 919 isn't going anywhere, but it will be nice to have another bike in the stable.

1965 PA-30 Twin Comanche
1985 Kawasaki GPZ900r
1999 Honda CBR1100XX
2005 Honda ST1300
2006 KLX250s
post #9 of 13 Old 04-01-2013, 08:13 PM
svgt

My partner and I have three (!) sv's. And I have the 919 for the I4 experience. One of the sv's, a naked, is for track days. The others are for touring, s models. The Suzuki vtwin 650 is a gem of an engine and the frame makes for a confident bike in the twisties. We have a GSXR750 rear shock on the 04 naked and Gold valve emulators in the forks with stiffer springs and heavier oil. On one of the s's their is a Cogent rear shock and Ricor Intiminators with lighter oil. In the other S is a standard shock (my partner thinks its ok but heavier oil and springs up front. I would say that just about any change to the suspension gives a better ride and allows the frame/engine combo to show what it can do.We love the sv's!! By all accounts the 650 is a better all-round bike than the thou too (?)

post #10 of 13 Old 06-16-2013, 08:24 AM
Tirone

I also own an SVs and absutley love her, quick and agile and so much fun to ride, but I own am 05 so a few diffrances but I have to say that Sanity? (My SV) is both a blessing and a curse

post #11 of 13 Old 06-16-2013, 09:58 AM Thread Starter
Di"zx"en

My SV has been with me for quite some time now and has been improved on just a little mostly in the suspender department. An Ohlins out back with a set of Traxxion AK20's and springs up front. The front brakes got a revision with a Honda radial master cylinder, braided lines and a set of 4 pot calipers. Dropped a little weight with a full D and D exhaust too. This thing continues to give me that "grin" everyytime I ride it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sv_current.jpg (266.6 KB, 19 views)

That'll work........
post #12 of 13 Old 06-16-2013, 01:55 PM
Tirone

I know what you mean, the stock suspension is not that good. I have a zx14 shock on back until I can find a Penske, but the front is absolutely perfect with my sonic springs in them. And with the Spiegler SS brake lines and galfer brake pads it is almost perfect.

post #13 of 13 Old 06-16-2013, 02:24 PM Thread Starter
Di"zx"en

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsrhett View Post
I know what you mean, the stock suspension is not that good. I have a zx14 shock on back until I can find a Penske, but the front is absolutely perfect with my sonic springs in them. And with the Spiegler SS brake lines and galfer brake pads it is almost perfect.
Call Dan up at Traxxion and have him set you up with a set of their emulators and damper rods....It will then be... "more" perfect.....

That'll work........

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode