1986 honda 750vt vs 2008 harley street bob - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 6 Old 03-19-2012, 03:56 PM Thread Starter
Milites Gregarius

1986 honda 750vt vs 2008 harley street bob

Well I have put about 3000 kms on that Honda i bought this winter and I gotta admit I'm impressed. The bike is 26 years old and runs like a dream.
It red lines at 8000 rpm,gets 60 mpg cruising at 90 mph. This must have been one helluva bike in it's day.
Now it doesn't have the roll on torque like my Harley does but this bike is nimble,pretty quick once you get the rpms to 4000 and cruises the highway and city very well.
I changed the oil to amsoils 4 stroke 0w-40 and the sticky gear shift disappeared,the clutch grabbed better and the loud valvetrain was quieted down.
I used the 0w-40 because it's still cold here in the mornings and I have quite alot of it. I will use the 10w-40 version once the weather maintains 5c at night. I like the idea of the oil pumping to the parts faster with the 0w-40.
My Harley is still my dream bike but I am amazed that this old shadow can do what it does.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 03-19-2012, 04:14 PM
Tirone Choolaces

Garage

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 3

Very cool that it's still running great. Did you buy it and fix it up or just ride it as you bought it?

post #3 of 6 Old 03-19-2012, 05:54 PM
rmb
Let's go!

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 9

Cool.

post #4 of 6 Old 03-19-2012, 11:24 PM Thread Starter
Milites Gregarius

Quote:
Originally Posted by marylandmike
Very cool that it's still running great. Did you buy it and fix it up or just ride it as you bought it?
I put a little work into it. But only a couple hundred bucks. In the past weekish I've managed to put quite a few miles on this bike and the more I ride it,the more I like it. As far as getting around the city and in traffic it's a dream. Not quite as smooth as the Harley on the highway but it was less than 1 tenth the price.
I am beginning to see Honda in a different light.

post #5 of 6 Old 03-20-2012, 12:20 AM
Left of Centre

I kind of like the idea of having a Shadow for the kind of riding it does, when it's better suited than the 9'er. (I don't what kind of riding that would be, exactly, Forum Hounds, just before you swoop in, but let me indulge myself for a minute.)

How many miles does the Honda have on it?

post #6 of 6 Old 03-21-2012, 10:55 PM Thread Starter
Milites Gregarius

Quote:
Originally Posted by K1w1Boy
I kind of like the idea of having a Shadow for the kind of riding it does, when it's better suited than the 9'er. (I don't what kind of riding that would be, exactly, Forum Hounds, just before you swoop in, but let me indulge myself for a minute.)

How many miles does the Honda have on it?
When I got it this past December it had 39000kms(26000 milesish?) but since I plated it last week I have put 3000 kms on it.
The more I ride it the more appreciation I have for Honda.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode