WSBK - WOW - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 7 Old 07-01-2008, 08:05 AM Thread Starter
BANNED!

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 3

WSBK - WOW

OK so the machinery isnt all THAT exotic...

But the racing is insane. I watched this weekends two races and the 2nd (worse) race was 10x better than the MotoGP race this weekend. The 1st race was off the hook! Xaus and Biaggi I thought were going to collide several times...

The top 5 riders in the race were all within spitting distance of each other and in the final laps - it could be anyone who throws caution, and their tires, to the wind, and go for it!

Hey... I mean I like Nicky and all... and the GP bikes are fun to watch... but WSBK has got the racing right now!

OH - And is Bayliss missing half of his pinky finger on one hand? I could of swore during his after race interview he wiped his face and there was half a finger there?!

I LOVE Tig Bitties!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 07-01-2008, 08:17 AM
Discen

Awards Showcase
Veteran 
Total Awards: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwest View Post
OH - And is Bayliss missing half of his pinky finger on one hand?
Yes, I believe he lost it in a crash last year. If I remember right he was back the next weekend of racing after he lost it.

2006 919 (Sold)
2011 Cb1000r

"oh no there ain't no rest for the wicked, until we close our eyes for good." - Cage The Elephant
post #3 of 7 Old 07-01-2008, 09:39 AM
C'est la vie

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 2

He actually tried to get them to cut it off at the track so that he could make the second race that day but the doctors were as concerned with his nuts that took an unreal bashing in the same incident so they didn't bother. But yes, he was back racing at the front the following meet with his new shortened gloves and a cup. You should Netflix the 2007 WSBK Season review.

I told you Alan, WSBK and Supersport is the most amazing racing there is! A couple race weekends ago there was 2 seconds separating the top 12 riders like 3/4 of the way through the race.

post #4 of 7 Old 07-05-2008, 10:27 AM
WoW

It seems that no one watches world superbike yet for the past few seasons it has been by far the most interesting and exciting series in motorcycle racing by a long shot.

Find me on all over the web:

www.vwvortex.com- spoolin215
www.honda-tech.com- germanhondaslayer
www.bodybuilding.com- forcefedfreak
www.triumphrat.net- forcefedfreak
post #5 of 7 Old 07-05-2008, 05:56 PM
Stare into me...

Awards Showcase
Extraordinary Ride Donation Extraordinary Ride Donation 
Total Awards: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by forcefedfreak View Post
It seems that no one watches world superbike yet for the past few seasons it has been by far the most interesting and exciting series in motorcycle racing by a long shot.
+1

Some of my buddies say...."It's a bunch of old dudes"

That may be true when you compare it to all the teenie boppers in GP, but I say it's good racing by top competitors and is usually exciting till the bitter end......Haga Bayliss Corser......upstart Neukirchner(sp? ), resurgent Xaus, Checa and Biaggi........not to mentiuon all those knuckleheads in Supersport

Besides, at the end of the day, it only has to be 2 wheel racing to gain my interest. The rest is gravy.....

BTW I record and re-watch every race........

post #6 of 7 Old 07-09-2008, 11:06 AM
Left Hand Suzuki Method

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDJAM View Post
+1 BTW I record and re-watch every race........
First off... I can't agree more. Love WSBK.

You can watch the races, practice sessions, interviews... everthing right off the website now with no subsription or anything. And all the races start with a 30 minute preview like F1 (or GP if you're ever lucky enough to see anything before the red lights go out).

Peace... see you all in another 6 months...!

post #7 of 7 Old 07-10-2008, 08:17 AM

Awards Showcase
Donation BOTM 
Total Awards: 2

Yeah !
Other folks think the same way as I do ! When I had a choice to do either Moto GP @ Laguna or WSBK @ Miller - I went to Miller - Granted, the racing wasnt as close as other weekends, but, it was still a really fun weekend - Heck, I even got Max Neuchnisers towel from the interviews after race 2 !
And with the other manufactors getting back into WSBK next year, its going to get even better !

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode