Videos from 03-08 MSR-H Trackday!! - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 11 Old 03-13-2008, 01:56 PM Thread Starter
INFIDEL

Awards Showcase
BOTM Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 2

Videos from 03-08 MSR-H Trackday!!

OK, here are the vids I was able to take (with sound!).

I figured out that the MS Vista has a glitch that it does not play sound on .avi files, which is what my GoPro camera shoots in http://www.goprocamera.com/index3.htm

This first vid is from a morning session, I think, where I shot David and Jim at the beginning of the session. Jim just took off and went all out it seems (it's nice to have tire warmers). I stayed back with David to at least capture him for the first lap, then pull into hot pit to make sure the d*mn camera was working! It kept shutting off on me from the vibrations of my bike, but I exchanged it the next day, and the new one works just fine, so it looks like the cam I had this day was just a lemon.
Anyway, here's David:
[youtube]UoNhfPJo4a0[/youtube]

After shooting David, I swapped the GoPro camera to my rear mount, and waited about a minute to wait for Jim to get a little bit around the track. I timed it perfectly, so he came up behind me about 30 seconds after I got onto the track!
Here's Jim:
[youtube]SoHWQIxRjjY[/youtube]

Later in the day, I finally got a session where the camera worked again, and I was able to capture this sequence. I believe this was the 1:00, or maybe 2:00 session. You will see the Instructors fly past me about halfway into the vid. This one's about 8 minutes long, since I already got Jim and David on vid, so I just rode and did my thing. I am noticably quicker than then I was in the morning, but I can immediately notice that I'm still being somewhat reserved and cautious.

Here's me (or least my view):
[youtube]9e_yt6hNZWc[/youtube]

Now that I got a replacement camera that works, I'll hopefully get more vids to share and study. Having a video camera is an excellent way to improve your skills, as well as note where you need to improve!! I highly recommend getting one.

Here's

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 03-13-2008, 03:40 PM
C'est la vie

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 

Interesting mound into that right hander (I think turn 5 or 6). That's got to be a little unsettling at speed.

Looking forward to seeing more vids with the new camera. Good job.

post #3 of 11 Old 03-13-2008, 04:40 PM Thread Starter
INFIDEL

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMulford View Post
Interesting mound into that right hander (I think turn 5 or 6). That's got to be a little unsettling at speed.

Looking forward to seeing more vids with the new camera. Good job.
Yeah, the very next turn, at the bottom is where there were 2 crashes in the first 2 laps of the 1st session. We all learned our lesson well at the beginning of the day!! In fact, seeing that (for me) made me hold back a bit, especially going into that turn... which you'll notice in my vids. I think there was one more crash down there by the time the day was over.

I need to get a track bike, since I was more concerned about damaging my 9er, than I was about crashing!! I'm looking into a SV650 as a dedicated trackbike.

post #4 of 11 Old 03-13-2008, 08:04 PM
Speed Lover

Awards Showcase
Donation 
Total Awards: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob919 View Post
Yeah, the very next turn, at the bottom is where there were 2 crashes in the first 2 laps of the 1st session. We all learned our lesson well at the beginning of the day!! In fact, seeing that (for me) made me hold back a bit, especially going into that turn... which you'll notice in my vids. I think there was one more crash down there by the time the day was over.

I need to get a track bike, since I was more concerned about damaging my 9er, than I was about crashing!! I'm looking into a SV650 as a dedicated trackbike.
Wow Rob this is seriously some of the best videos I've seen on the track. Good job. Practice make better huh?

post #5 of 11 Old 03-13-2008, 08:18 PM
Tirone

Great vids Rob....

post #6 of 11 Old 03-13-2008, 08:59 PM
Rip Van Fang

check out speedwerks in Dover Delaware this cat can build an sv he won Daytona on 1999 sv last year.His name is steve Speedwerks.com

post #7 of 11 Old 03-13-2008, 09:57 PM Thread Starter
INFIDEL

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan919 View Post
check out speedwerks in Dover Delaware this cat can build an sv he won Daytona on 1999 sv last year.His name is steve Speedwerks.com
Cool. I'll check him out!

Thanks man!

post #8 of 11 Old 03-14-2008, 06:20 AM
libertine

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 5

Nice vid. That's a big track "wide" how many bikes were out at a time ? Looks like you had it to your self almost. Which is much better than the track days around here like 50 bikes out at a time.

post #9 of 11 Old 03-14-2008, 09:02 AM Thread Starter
INFIDEL

Awards Showcase

I think there were no more than 30 bikes that day. Mybe Jim or David can confirm, but it was nice and open for the most part.

post #10 of 11 Old 03-14-2008, 09:10 AM
libertine

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 5

In all 3 groups? that's great looks like you guys had a good time, good luck on getting a track bike. That's something I've been keeping my eyes open for getting a cheap cbr 600 that I can convert . Something from 05 or newer.

post #11 of 11 Old 03-14-2008, 09:38 AM Thread Starter
INFIDEL

Awards Showcase

It was a NOOB only day, so the only fast riders were the Instructors, plus there were quite a few Noobs who were fast in the streets, so they had no problem acclimating quickly to being fast on the track. I believe Jim raced motocross, so he was naturally fast on his Motard!

I'm looking into an SV650 because I heard they are excellent noob trackbikes, that crash well. But I've been also thinking the same as you, and maybe I should just get a cbr600, since I've always liked Honda. Either way, it needs to be a bike that I wouldn't care if I crashed it. The 919 is my "Mods" bike, and I cringe at the thought of causing any damage to it!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode