Venting About TPM - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 11 Old 05-03-2006, 01:01 PM Thread Starter
Left Hand Suzuki Method

Venting About TPM

Yeah, yeah, yeah... I know I shouldn't be so specific about who and why but damn am I pissed at TPM and Linda.

First off, there was a possibility of me doing three track days in a row with TPM next weekend because a buddy is going all ready. So I was like, why not? I call Linda and see if she can get me a deal on doing all three days and see what she says.

So, I am a sales guy and I know the polite way to ask this type of question. The response I get from above mentioned pisser is that their organization has never offered discounts on multi day weekends and goes on to inform me that they are the cheapest track org around here and I'm already getting a deal... Hmmm, not true so I rebutle.

I correct her statments with lighthearted banter about specific group deals they offered last season (which they did), the fact that other org's I ride with are $20 bucks cheaper per day (which would save me $60 for this event), and the fact that I have paid for a decent membership with them already (highest membership fees)... and lets not forget that I did about 12 flucking days with them last year... so I'm not some newbie.

Her comment comes back as a straight no and she starts rambling on about some other track is already sold out. I don't even think she read half of my e-mail. This isn't even the track I'm talking about... So after a couple more threads back and forth... Her last statement was "Hope to see you there."

Wholly F! Are you serious?

Now I know people have bad days, etc., and I could have got her at a bad time but to say I'm pissed is an understatement. This seems to be a running theme with the "business" end of their org.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 05-03-2006, 01:14 PM
BANNED!

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 3

Sounds like if you have other riding options... you might want to persure them. The only way she might listen is if her pocketbook tells her to.

Her response screams YOUR NOT IMPORTANT!

I LOVE Tig Bitties!
post #3 of 11 Old 05-04-2006, 06:21 AM

As long as they are filling the spots they could care less how many days you had with them last year. Some people live in the now and it doesn't matter what you did for them last week let alone last year. I had a similar situation last year with an unnamed org.

I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to go with some friends up to Barber so I didn't sign up. I took the chance and went hoping they would let me on the track if someone crashed out or didn't show up. First thing Saturday morning I approach the coordinator and tell her my situation. She responds by telling me that it doesn't matter if someone crashes out, doesn't show up, or not. She's not signing me up or opening any spots. So I got to be pit boy for my friends for the weekend even though spots opened from people crashing out.

Don't get me wrong though. I don't blame them for me not signing up. It was just the circumstances of my work. I just don't understand why they wouldn't open any more spots.

post #4 of 11 Old 05-04-2006, 01:58 PM Thread Starter
Left Hand Suzuki Method

Business is business... someone's gotta pay the bills. Just drives me nuts sometimes. I have defended this individual in conversation unbenounced to her on numerous occasions, trying to convince myself otherwise as well...

But stuff like this just reminds me that she is a "she devil", hahaha!

post #5 of 11 Old 05-04-2006, 02:07 PM
Primus Pilus

Garage
unbeknownst...sorry!

I'm looking at STT for track days, people seem to like them.

2002 919 40,000 miles
"racing is life...everything else is just waiting"
post #6 of 11 Old 05-04-2006, 03:04 PM

I do like the way STT puts their track days together.

post #7 of 11 Old 05-04-2006, 05:11 PM Thread Starter
Left Hand Suzuki Method

yeah... spelling is not one of my forte's (sp?).

STT, CS, TPM... they all have their strengths and weaknesses. STT runs a tight ship with control riders which usually means less rambulances (that was on purpose)...hehehe!

As far as the best group of people, organization wise, I'd have to say Cornerspeed offers the best environment for a track day. They only allow 25 per group, no options! Which means lots of clear track and a good pace.

post #8 of 11 Old 05-05-2006, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayrock
yeah... spelling is not one of my forte's (sp?).

STT, CS, TPM... they all have their strengths and weaknesses. STT runs a tight ship with control riders which usually means less rambulances (that was on purpose)...hehehe!

As far as the best group of people, organization wise, I'd have to say Cornerspeed offers the best environment for a track day. They only allow 25 per group, no options! Which means lots of clear track and a good pace.

In all honesty, I would actually talk to Linda and Glen about this in person at a trackday. I've always felt they are more receptive that way.

btw...Linda does love talking on the loudspeaker. hahaha

~dan

post #9 of 11 Old 05-05-2006, 08:27 AM Thread Starter
Left Hand Suzuki Method

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfreret
In all honesty, I would actually talk to Linda and Glen about this in person at a trackday. I've always felt they are more receptive that way.

btw...Linda does love talking on the loudspeaker. hahaha

~dan
And rambling on about her WRX!:tt2:

post #10 of 11 Old 05-05-2006, 08:30 AM

Hey what's wrong with a WRX. I like to talk about mine too.

post #11 of 11 Old 05-05-2006, 09:29 AM
Living the dream

I have enjoyed all my sessions with STT. Great for Novice riders at least. not sure how Intermediate and Adnavced people feel.

But each has their plus and minus like any other product.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode