Tire Wars... P.I. Race SPOILER & Discussion - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 7 Old 10-14-2007, 10:16 AM Thread Starter

Awards Showcase
Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 2

Tire Wars... P.I. Race SPOILER & Discussion

Well, at first I thought, this is one of those times that I really don't mind screwing my picks as the kid was doing so good in 2nd place behind stoner, after a few laps though, he started to get a bit ragged and I figured that he was using all the bike and tires just to be able to keep up with Stoner but I never figured he would do a Rossi Trick and smoke his engine but... that he did.

Valentino and Pedrosa were having issues at the beginning, middle and latter parts of the race and you could see them struggling but, at the end of the day, only the ducatis seemed to be the ones finishing at the top, the rest of the Bridgestone shod bikes were no were to be found so it begs the next question... Are the Michelin tires that bad?

With the strong rumor running rampant about Valentino and Pedrosa switching to Bridgestone for next year, is it really that simple? change to Bridgestone tires and inmediately you string a bunch of podiums and wins? I didn't see a Honda on the podium or a Kawasaki or a Suzuki for that matter and they have been doing very good throughout the season.

Are 3 or 4 months of testing good enough for a solid marriage between bike and tire for a 2008 championship Battle? ducati has been with Bridgestones for a long time now and seem to be the only one capables of a good marriage, Kawasaki & Suzuki can't really say that even though they have improved a lot this year but that could be because Honda/Michelin and Yamaha/Michelin really screw the pooch and not necessarely because they have a good marriage with bridgestone (Kawi & Zook). Even if those two want to switch, Can Bridgestone really produce tires for all of them w/o sacrificing something else later on? There is no data for Yamaha/Bridgestone setups, does that mean that we're going to have another testing year for Vale while he gets used to this tires? Can he just throw a switch and make the BS tires go like the wind?

Let's look at Tamada here, yeah you can't compare the two (Tamada & Vale) but for arguments sake, How many races did Tamada won with the Rookie Bridgestones and how competitive he was as opposed to Tamada with Michelins? can that happen to Vale or Pedrosa as well?

Stoner did what he had to do and he desimated the competition for sure, I don't care how good Vale is and how mentally strong he could be, he has got to be demoralized by what stoner is doing to him and the competition... Hell, all of them are but Vale's pride is heavier than the others as he's got more to answer to the media as the 7 world champion... it goes with the territory so to speak.

Where am I going with this rant? who the hell knows, I am just pissed off that I waited until 1:00 A.M. at night to watch yet, another disturbing and boring race. Yeah, it had its moments but it was a BORING race nonetheless and P.I. usually gives us very good races... I guess this is a Bizarre year for motoGP racing.

I know that most of you won't reply until later on today but I am bored and pissed off dammit... cut me some slack!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 10-15-2007, 07:31 AM
Left Hand Suzuki Method

It's the whole package... Tires, Electronics, Suspension and HP's. That much is obvious but how much harder did Vale and Hayden have to ride in the corners to catch back up with Stoner after the front straight.

They say the Michelins take longer to come in and stoner was off and running from the beginning... They both know you can't let him get to far away in the opening laps and probably beat the tires early on (and nickys engine).

I think Ducati just has it right and with the tire rule, the 800cc bikes, etc... Ducati just got it right.

post #3 of 7 Old 10-15-2007, 07:45 AM
libertine

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 5

I think mostly it's the traction control on the Duc's that blow away everyone else. Saves the tires, look at Stoner last year he had a good bike how many times did he crash out?

post #4 of 7 Old 10-15-2007, 12:00 PM
Corner speed sets u free

Garage

Awards Showcase
Trackday Recognition Donation Veteran 
Total Awards: 3

i agree with the responses... with the addition of rider styles. I think Stoner might be a really smooth rider with the best bike... . Rossi's Yammy is too far down on power to hang with Stoner. Nicky's agreesive style doesn't help with the tire problem either. Yeah it was a real downer to see Hayden grenade the engine. You do have to give Stoner credit though, the kid is on his game this year, plus his wife is smokin!

post #5 of 7 Old 10-15-2007, 12:34 PM Thread Starter

Awards Showcase
Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 2

Ducati has always had a good Launch and Traction control... well, actually, the whole electronics package is almost perfect compared to the Japanases but the Marriage of Stoner/Ducati/Bridgestone is what has stomped the competition this year.

The fact that Yamaha & Honda screw the Pooch with the 800cc is obvious but hard to understand at the same time since Honda is usually a few years ahead of the competition... We can speculate but why.

post #6 of 7 Old 10-15-2007, 01:14 PM
Legatus Legionis

Awards Showcase
Community Leadership Donation Donation Community Leadership 
Total Awards: 6

So.. How many of us so called experts picked Stoner to win the championship?

post #7 of 7 Old 10-15-2007, 02:03 PM
Left Hand Suzuki Method

Based on all the crap posted by RoadRacing World during the preseason testing... I had Pedrosa taking the title hands down. Honda was always doing better and better than anyone else. Ducati sat on the side lines watching and Yamaha ran off into their own little world. But that's when they could use any tire they wanted.

You take away the option of letting Michelin "one off" a tire and air mail it in a day before the race and you take away their advantage. Now the advantage goes to whoever has the best package prior to the race weekend.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode