Talladega or Nashville - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 8 Old 03-16-2009, 10:41 AM Thread Starter
Tirone

Talladega or Nashville

Trying to decide on a track day for April with STT. The choices near me are Talladega and Nashville. I only want to do one weekend, which is the better track. Talladega looks like the better road course, but I have never seen either one, so looking for a little advise on this one. I did my first track day at Barbers last weekend, and its the only road course I have been to.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 03-16-2009, 10:52 AM

Awards Showcase
Donation BOTM 
Total Awards: 2

Ive yet to do Talladega , so I really cant speak for it - Nashville , on the other hand , Ive done and really enjoyed .It was my local trakc when I lived in Cookeville ,so , Ive done several trackdays and an Ed Bargy school there as well -
Nashville is a fun track, not very technical, but, fun . Lap times are in the 58 second to 1:20ish ranges, depending on rider and machine .Trey Beaty held the record for a while on his Husky SM 610 if that tells you what kind of track it it .
Fun bits - Last corner before yo uget back out on the big track, LONG left handed sweeper . I was doing it in 4th on my Buell with my knee right on the edge of the pavement slmost in the grass and grabbing 5th as soon as I got upright - The first turn is a good bit as well. Really long approach so its very easy to over cook it, but, loads of run off so , its prety safe there.
No so fun - The transitions onto the infield to the oval and vice/versa. The transition going into 1 is tricky, stay low , almost on the paint stipe for the smoothest line ( scrapped my muffler on my Buell more than one when I went wide, bottomed out the shock going across it ! )The chicane on the back straight is not alot of fun either- it looks kind of like Daytona, but, smaller. Wall is awfully close -

All in all, its great fun and if I can scrape up the cash, I would love to go back and ride it again.

post #3 of 8 Old 03-16-2009, 12:21 PM
Heavy Metal

Awards Showcase
Donation Extraordinary Ride Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 5

Neither of them have spiders so it doesn't really matter.

post #4 of 8 Old 03-16-2009, 12:27 PM

Awards Showcase
Donation BOTM 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratdog View Post
Neither of them have spiders so it doesn't really matter.

post #5 of 8 Old 03-16-2009, 07:36 PM Thread Starter
Tirone

I did notice a spider in the infield at Barbers.
So whats the story with the spider?

post #6 of 8 Old 03-17-2009, 07:37 AM

Awards Showcase
Donation BOTM 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet 919 View Post
I did notice a spider in the infield at Barbers.
So whats the story with the spider?

Its just part of the experience of Barbers - Did you notice the little spiders all around the big one ? Or the Ants wit hthe bike and rider in thier mouth ? Then there is the lion overlooking the really fast left hander on the back stright, or the dragon fly next to the run off pool --- it goes on and on !

post #7 of 8 Old 03-17-2009, 12:44 PM Thread Starter
Tirone

I actually sat on the Lion watching one of the vintage races last year. I'm lucky he didn't bite me in the ass last weekend for revenge.

Didn't notice the ants, hell, it was hard enough just to see the markers. LOL
That is spooky, probably best I didn't know about these. I was already nervous over the wet track.

post #8 of 8 Old 03-24-2009, 02:26 PM

Awards Showcase
Donation BOTM 

SO, which one are you doing ? Several of us from this neck of the woods are going to be @ Road Atlanta over Easter weekend - if your intrested - If, and if I can get my folding paper right, I may go race @ Nashville the end of the month in April -

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode