Superbike Race 2 - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 19 Old 06-18-2006, 04:11 PM Thread Starter
Bitten

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Community Leadership Extraordinary Ride Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 4

Superbike Race 2

Woohoo!
Spoiler for Angela
Spoiler:
Angela.....That had to hurt!

Spoiler for the rest of the world...
Spoiler:
Nice to see someone new win a race. Hopefully a sign of things to come.

Virginia Beach Remodeling
Spoiler:
Ride In Peace Marcus Randolph (Kahuna) 12/17/06
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 Old 06-18-2006, 06:45 PM
Living the dream

Spoiler:
At least 3rd yesterday

Spoiler:
Way to go Jake after the dirt track trip

Can't wait to see them in person again.

post #3 of 19 Old 06-19-2006, 06:31 AM
Left Hand Suzuki Method

Racing was great. Was cool to see how deep Zemke was braking and that Big Red still had some umph to get out of the turns. Poor, poor Ben... Hodgson almost followed suit there a couple laps after Ben's spoof.

Who's up for taking the Spencer Superbike school at Miller? That track looks uber fun to me... I think I'm putting that in the budget for next year.

And yes, 4 hours of Racing is too much to watch in one sitting.

post #4 of 19 Old 06-19-2006, 09:37 AM

Hell yes it hurt! OUCH Bet he's got a big ol bruise on his left hip this morning.

I thought Hodgson was gonna run into the Parts Unlimited sign there for a moment and I was gonna have to laugh. Glad he missed it though.

I don't know how people can say Mat is such a jerk?! Anyone else catch how excited he seemed to be for Zemke? I think Mat is really enjoying this year cause he's having to WORK for a championship.

Mid-O can't get here fast enough!

post #5 of 19 Old 06-19-2006, 10:36 AM
Left Hand Suzuki Method

Quote:
Originally Posted by angela155
I don't know how people can say Mat is such a jerk?! Anyone else catch how excited he seemed to be for Zemke?
He's still a douche bag but I did catch that. Huge thumbs up and really pumped his fist to say, "wholly hell was I riding hard to try and catch you!"

Here's a douche bag move... passing Zemke on the inside during race 1 where he could of done it in a safer spot. Runs Zemke off. Not like it was the last lap either. The list is too long

post #6 of 19 Old 06-19-2006, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayrock
He's still a douche bag but I did catch that. Huge thumbs up and really pumped his fist to say, "wholly hell was I riding hard to try and catch you!"

Here's a douche bag move... passing Zemke on the inside during race 1 where he could of done it in a safer spot. Runs Zemke off. Not like it was the last lap either. The list is too long

I dont like team Suzuki but dude, its racing! They are going to pass if there is a minute chance, expecially if there is a 6 digit purse on the line.

on that note, go Honda, and Mladin is a stand up guy, just on the wrong team!

post #7 of 19 Old 06-19-2006, 12:05 PM Thread Starter
Bitten

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Community Leadership Extraordinary Ride Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 

Mladin is a bitch, great rider, but a bitch.

He lost the last race of the season in 2002. His winless season, he did not even come out to the podium for his second place finish to Eric Bostrom (also on a 750).

Following year, Bostrom finishes second to Mat. Eric does not say congratualations to Mat. Then Mat goes to the press to tell them what a poor sport Eric is.

He has made a carreer of trying to belittle other riders. It may be part of his game, i do not know, but I certainly do not like him for it.
-------------------

Yes, he did seem to be genuinely happy for Jake.

Virginia Beach Remodeling
Spoiler:
Ride In Peace Marcus Randolph (Kahuna) 12/17/06
post #8 of 19 Old 06-19-2006, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayrock

Dayrock is right on... Mladin = Douche. It's like a law of newtonian physics... it just is.

Don't you think he was a little over zealous to congratulate Zemke? He was just so happy to have a little PR opportunity for once that he almost peed himself. The guy needs a good beatin', and I don't mean on the racetrack. Zemke is my favorite AMA guy by a wide margin and he goes a LONG way in promoting the sport even when his day isn't going well.

Props to Jake and it's even sweeter when he can drop Mladin "like he's hot"

post #9 of 19 Old 06-19-2006, 06:21 PM
Living the dream

I have never been afraid to admit I was and am a Mladin fan. The guy can ride a bike and is just phenomenal to watch. Plus he has alway been nothing but nice to talk to. Angela was cool enough to get me some stuff from his shop and his wife brought me into their pits at Mid-Ohio to talk to him. He also rides a TLR.

But my list of nice guys and cool people in the paddock is quite long. hayes is one of the nicest guys you can meet. has always been cool to me and Angela and we have go to know him fairly well and be able to share some drinks. Extremely funny guy for sure.

Miguel and Linnea are great also. I have an ongoing T-Shirt joke with Linnea and I usually bring it to each race now. I have pics somewhere and it got me in RRX. Always nice to meet hot women who are also nice. But don't get me started on hot nice women around the paddock. Rachel Hacking and Heather Yates!!

post #10 of 19 Old 06-19-2006, 06:31 PM
Fool in the Rain

Garage

Awards Showcase
Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Extraordinary Ride Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 

"Towards the end of the vid, it looks like she may have had a bafflectomy." - MarylandMike
post #11 of 19 Old 06-19-2006, 06:58 PM
Living the dream

Ok here is some background on 2 of the pics and how Angela and I got to know a few racers.

First, we became friends with some vendors who sponsored a rider. Very cool great people who are now working their arses off to get back in the black personally. Wish they could make it back to the races and scene but it is way expensive. We do what we can to promote their name and logo to bring them any business possible. Anyway, we wound up helping their rider at some races as wella s another firend of ours. That in turn has you in the paddock area A LOT and you meet people.

T-Shirt story. Linnea used to wear the shirt that said "It's All About Duhamel". I ame a comment that no... "It's All About Linnea." Angela made me a shirt. I wore it and showed it to Miguel and Linnea ans got some pics and cool stuff from them in the process. Brought it to some other races this year and Linnea wore hers again. Just a little funny joke but CJ at RRX liked it and posted a little blurb a ways back. BTW, Yvonne is really cool and approachable as well.

Anyway...pics as requested plus some of our favs from the past.

Some great pics Angela has shot in the past....

One of my favs she got of Neil at barber last year.

How did that get in here?

Dig this pic also.

Another goodie..people have been no to hijack her pics so she took precautions on some.

One of opur friends we helped.

And she may kill me....but I love this pick of her and some dude who races bikes. I guess he won a championship and raced in World also or something. Think she may be a fan of him.

Good enough for ya Jim!!

post #12 of 19 Old 06-19-2006, 06:59 PM
Living the dream

And BTW, there are much bigger tools in the paddock aside from Mat. Trust me...and I am not talking bike tools.

post #13 of 19 Old 06-19-2006, 07:35 PM

This is actually one of my favorite pics that I took last year, it was at Barber. I took so many though. Hopefully I'll actually be able to get some published this year other than the one on Soup I got last year.

post #14 of 19 Old 06-20-2006, 06:06 AM

that last one is great

post #15 of 19 Old 06-20-2006, 06:11 AM
Left Hand Suzuki Method

WOW, great pics man... Can never get enough of those!

post #16 of 19 Old 06-21-2006, 08:54 AM
C'est la vie

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 2

A. Pissed at Mladin for race one, but you could tell that he felt bad about it as he just danced around detailing it with Greg White so I'll give him credit for that.

B. Very happy that Am. Honda finally gave in and sought help from HRC, it's just too bad that Miguel was ill and couldn't go all out. I can't wait for Laguna to see if the RR's get even better.

post #17 of 19 Old 06-21-2006, 09:02 AM
C'est la vie

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 2

And one more thing...

They need to stop wasting time with Greg white walking around the track pre-race. I know there probably wasn't any passing between Mlading and Jake from 6 laps to go to 2, but I'm still pissed that they ditched those 4 laps during the 1.5 min. commercial break.

post #18 of 19 Old 06-21-2006, 01:42 PM
Left Hand Suzuki Method

Spoiler:
Maladins a Douche Bag!

heheyouknowwho!

post #19 of 19 Old 06-21-2006, 04:08 PM
Fool in the Rain

Garage

Awards Showcase
Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Extraordinary Ride Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 

Ha, I don't even remember posting the "worthless without pics" sign. I was probably just trying to make my 3.59/day quota, but it turned out very worthwhile. Great pics you two.

"Towards the end of the vid, it looks like she may have had a bafflectomy." - MarylandMike

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode