Stoner is pissed - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 32 Old 07-20-2008, 09:53 PM Thread Starter
Fool in the Rain

Garage

Awards Showcase
Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Extraordinary Ride Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 4

Stoner is pissed

Didn't like Rossi's ridiing.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/moto...es/7516543.stm

"Towards the end of the vid, it looks like she may have had a bafflectomy." - MarylandMike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 Old 07-20-2008, 10:45 PM
Dragon Slayer

Rubbin is racin.

post #3 of 32 Old 07-21-2008, 06:02 AM
Legatus Legionis

Awards Showcase
Community Leadership Donation Donation Community Leadership 
Total Awards: 6

It's close tight racing for sure!

post #4 of 32 Old 07-21-2008, 07:56 AM
nom nom nom

Stoner is a b-i-t-c-h. This video proves it. Talk about a sore loser.

'02 919
post #5 of 32 Old 07-21-2008, 08:06 AM

Awards Showcase
Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 2

Again, Rossi did what he needed to do but, if the tables were reverse, we would have a media FRENZY on our hands now. I think Stoner will just jot this down as needing more matureness and beat Rossi as his own game for the next rounds.

Rossi has broken down under pressure more times than Stoner and while the kitty liter accident was more stoner's fault than anything else, Rossi took him to the edge (knowingly and legally though I might add) and gave him no where else to go.

Stoner had the race in the bag but Rossi is a master tactitian and nobody else could have done it but Rossi. We all know that the Yamaha is the better package when it comes to handling and in Rossi's hand, that is a very dangerous combo but, the Ducky is no slouch and Stoner is the only one that has been able to domesticate it so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandoEX View Post
Stoner is a b-i-t-c-h. This video proves it. Talk about a sore loser.
Hmmm, something tells me you have not watch many races before this one but, you have a right to say what is on your mind, even if I happen to dissagree with you.

post #6 of 32 Old 07-21-2008, 08:13 AM
Chuck Norris has lost in battle with this Member

Awards Showcase
Extraordinary Ride Donation Community Leadership Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 6

WWWWWaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Stop the whining! Their bietchiness matches their chick sized frames!

It's better to have loved and lost than live with the psycho for life!
post #7 of 32 Old 07-21-2008, 08:22 AM
Tribunus Laticlavius

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC51_CBRXX View Post
Their bietchiness matches their chick sized frames!
No kidding those guys are nearly as thin at bicycle racers! After they get old and fat they can retire racing cages.

post #8 of 32 Old 07-21-2008, 08:33 AM
Bitten

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Community Leadership Extraordinary Ride Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 

I think Rossi is the biggest bitch of them all when he is not winning.

It is never his fault.

From 2001 to 2005 he was wonderful to watch. In 2006 you watched it all crumble with Nicky Hayden winning the champioinship and in 2007 it continued with Stoner. Everyone wants to remember 2001-2005 Rossi. Everyone gives him the benefit of the doubt.

But the Gibernau deal.... That in itself showed where Rossi is as a Sportsman. He lacks class when he wants, but everyone gives him the free pass.

Virginia Beach Remodeling
Spoiler:
Ride In Peace Marcus Randolph (Kahuna) 12/17/06
post #9 of 32 Old 07-21-2008, 09:12 AM
Tesserarius

Awards Showcase
Donation 
Total Awards: 1

Rossi knows that once Stoner get past him its game over. If MotoGP os a time trial then Stoner or Pedrosa always win.

The Laguna race was clean and Stoner shouldn't be whining. When he couldn't get past Rossi's mid corner blocking Stoner tried late braking and it did him in. I really disagree with what Rossi did to Gibber at Jerez and think he should he been stripped of that race. I wish the officials have some balls and acutally slapped him on the wrist now and then. However Rossi does what it takes to win and what he does is a part of racing.

post #10 of 32 Old 07-21-2008, 09:24 AM

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmerjoe View Post
The Laguna race was clean and Stoner shouldn't be whining.
I dissagree with this. After Rossi botched the Corkscrew, he was lucky to find stoner and use him as a berm, otherwise, he would have gotten to the kittly litter on the other side, either that, or take both of them out of the race (I am sure Pedrosa was wishing for that ).

The other passes were clean up to a certain point but the few initial ones would have had Rossi blowing all the smoke in the world if Stoner or someone else would have done it to him.

Hondaf4iguy is right, Rossi gets a lot of free passes just cos he was the man to beat for the longest time. I like Rossi's antics as much as the next guy, but he should quit whinning when the things that he does, get back to him... Karma is a biotch!

post #11 of 32 Old 07-21-2008, 01:06 PM
Optio

Awards Showcase
Donation BOTM 

I was there to witness the excitement, viewed most of the track on the hill above turn one. It all began with Lorenzo's continuing saga of crashes, another highside. This marked the first time I've seen a race bike 15-20 feet in the air. Though I didn't see Rossi's dirt ride through the corkscrew and Stoner's fall in the last turn, session(s) of passing through turns 1 through 5 was simply awesome! Undeniably, the majority at Laguna was (loudly) cheering for Rossi. Even the guy, wearing a Ducati paddock shirt, in front me was (loudly) cheering for Rossi. Stoner and Rossi, was racing on another planet that day. They were haulin' leaving the rest behind!! No matter what Stoner or Rossi said, it was absolutely great racing entertainment!! If you've never been to a MotoGP race, you gotta go!! The sounds of MotoGP machines are awesome! The Yamahas/Kawasakis sounded unlike any inline four due to their firing order. To my surprise, the Ducs were screamers.

post #12 of 32 Old 07-21-2008, 02:41 PM
Corner speed sets u free

Garage

Awards Showcase
Trackday Recognition Donation Veteran 

The rest of the season will be interesting between Rossi and Stoner. Will Stoner end up being another Biaggi? Stay tuned and let the mind games begin and the racing continue.

btw: Rossi says the gravel in the corkscrew has good grip.

post #13 of 32 Old 07-21-2008, 03:25 PM
Cafe Racer

Awards Showcase
BOTM 
Total Awards: 1

AWESOME RACE - PERIOD.

Oh and it helps to be thin. Power to weight ratio.

post #14 of 32 Old 07-21-2008, 03:37 PM
The "Eagle" Has Landed

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 

I think just about what everyone has said is true:

Rubbing sucks if you loose out.
Rubbing is part of racing.
A champion does whatever it takes to win.
Rossi whines when it does not go his way.
They all whine.
Yes, Stoner should be pissed. So would Rossi if it was him.

Let's just hope Stoner keeps it together and doesn't get demoralized by Rossi. In fairness, Rossi has stated that he respects Stoner as a rider knows that once he gets ahead it is difficult to catch him. With that in mind, he will do anything to keep him behind his rear wheel. With Giberneau, he should have had more heart against Rossi. Sorry, it may not have been fair but the person who wins is he who wants it the most.

As far as falling / crashing riders, remember that Stoner used to crash at almost every race when he was on the Honda. He was stinking fast though.

post #15 of 32 Old 07-21-2008, 03:48 PM
Bitten

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Community Leadership Extraordinary Ride Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIM-RC51 View Post
As far as falling / crashing riders, remember that Stoner used to crash at almost every race when he was on the Honda. He was stinking fast though.
Maybe Honda gave Stoner the same **** they are giving Nicky.
Maybe Stoner crashed out because he was riding around the issues as best he could to be competitive.
I personally wonder if Ducati is not doing the same to Melandri. I look forward to him on something else and prove this year is the fluke.

Spoiler:
post #16 of 32 Old 07-21-2008, 04:19 PM
The "Eagle" Has Landed

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondaf4iguy View Post
Maybe Honda gave Stoner the same **** they are giving Nicky.
Maybe Stoner crashed out because he was riding around the issues as best he could to be competitive.
I personally wonder if Ducati is not doing the same to Melandri. I look forward to him on something else and prove this year is the fluke.
I don't think Ducati plays that silly game of internal politics like Honda does. I agree with you on Stoner and the Honda. I remember reading an article where they interviewed the Ducati head guy and why they signed up Stoner. He was supposed to just be a replacement rider for Gib during his injury. Amazing how things turned out. Anyway, he talked about Stoner's frustration with the Honda team due to the lack of support from HRC in their hierachy(sp?) method of who gets what when. I remember Colin Edwards used to gripe about the same thing when he was with Honda.

post #17 of 32 Old 07-21-2008, 04:37 PM
Bitten

Awards Showcase

Quote:
I don't think Ducati plays that silly game of internal politics like Honda does. I agree with you on Stoner and the Honda. I remember reading an article where they interviewed the Ducati head guy and why they signed up Stoner. He was supposed to just be a replacement rider for Gib during his injury. Amazing how things turned out. Anyway, he talked about Stoner's frustration with the Honda team due to the lack of support from HRC in their hierachy(sp?) method of who gets what when. I remember Colin Edwards used to gripe about the same thing when he was with Honda.
Austin Ducati does do crap like that, kinda.

Look at Eric Bostrom... He told Ducati what he needed. He told Ducati he needed the front end to give a different feel.

Ducati told him our bike is good. You need to adjust your riding.

When they gave up on him and gave his team to Neil Hodgson... to prove him wrong they gave him his old mechanic from his Kawi 750 days...

Low and behold... Eric had something!

Ducati still does not want to admit any wrong doing.

I wonder if Melandri said something to someone one somewhere who is now taking him down.

I personally like Marco.
I personally think he is one of the best talents!

Spoiler:
post #18 of 32 Old 07-21-2008, 05:18 PM

Awards Showcase

This is my take on Ducati... right or wrong.

Ducati has no knowledge of MotoGP until a few years ago but they do have vast knowledge of Superbike so their bikes are purely SBK bikes but on tons of steroids.

Melandri is a 125cc & 250cc rider primordially so his pretty much the same as Biaggi, smooth and a lot of front end feel so he could go fast into a turn and does not need to accelarate quick until he's out, the ducati loves to be ridden hard and can accelerate quicker than anything else outhere because of his electronics. Melandri has not been able to tame it since he doesn't have 100% front end feel... nothing less and nothing more. He will be back in form as soon as he's back on a Honda and/or any other Japanese brand (well, except for Kawasaki & Suzuki that are only good for top 5 finishes with the exception of Vermulen's podiums).

Stoner is also a 125cc & 250cc rider but with dirt track background so he loves to stir with the rear, does not mind much what the front is doing as long as he has some feel of it, otherwise, he broncoes (sp?) the hell out of it to make it go where he wants to. He has been able to tame that screamer.

Ducati has problably spend a lot of money working with Melandri but I think both have come to the same conclusion... their bike is not a 250 GP with a bigger engine so they will call it quits and find happiness somewhere's else.

This is why I also think that Nicky may be able to do good on that Ducky. 1.- Ducati will work with him to give him what he wants because they know what he is capable off. 2.- Ducati wants to beat Honda at any opportunity so what better chance than with the guy that Honda abondoned since the Championship he gave them? 3.- Nicky will be bike on a man's bike (as opposed to a tricycle made for kids) and with Stoner as a team mate and with similar styles, they can make a force to be reckon with... that's my stance and I'm sticking with it!

post #19 of 32 Old 07-21-2008, 06:49 PM
BANNED!

Awards Showcase

Great farking race....

Stoner I wouldnt say was WHINING... thats not whining.... just voicing his displeasure at overly agressive riding in his eyes. Was Rossi out of control as he hit the gravel on the inside of the corkscrew? I'd say he was damn close! And probably a move he wouldnt try again knowing what he knows now....

I LOVE Tig Bitties!
post #20 of 32 Old 07-21-2008, 08:01 PM Thread Starter
Fool in the Rain

Garage

Awards Showcase
Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Extraordinary Ride Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 

Really?

You guys think Rossi is a whiner? People hate winners. I haven't heard him whine. He always admits when somebody is faster. He's just faster than most on any given day. He can obviously take an inferior bike and win a world championship with it. He put himself on what he thinks are the best tires this year so he could be competitive. Tires can make or break a bike.

As far as Hayden, I hope he moves elsewhere. He and Honda are done. At this point I'd like to see Melandri back on a Honda. At least he could ride the thing. I don't know if Honda is messing with Nicky or not. My guess would be with Pedrosa out they would be feeding him anything they could to make him competitive. I wish Pedro would have been at Laguna healthy so we could see how they hold up. I did hear Nicky whine about tires. When the team took away his thumb brake for the rear I think he lost a lot. He needs to get that back. He's running around trying to keep the tires inline and that's not his style. Maybe Ducati would be a good move. He needs somethinig to change. He hasn't had a podium this year.

Edwards was a BIG dissapointment. When you have fill in riders finishing ahead of you maybe you need to take a look around. He and Biaggi could battle for first next year in WSB if some people retire.

Was Spies pissed that his showing was only slightly better than Hacking? He didn't seem too happy post race, and Matt smoked him in the AMA race following.

Anyway, Stoner needs to suck it up. That wasn't the AGGRESIVE race he made it out to be. There was more elbow slapping in the Red Bull series than in the MotoGP race. Red Bull series rocks.

"Towards the end of the vid, it looks like she may have had a bafflectomy." - MarylandMike
post #21 of 32 Old 07-22-2008, 03:03 AM
Il bambino e un cani

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation Veteran Donation 

HondaJim,
I agree... I don't think anyone that's watched motorcycle racing for a few years would call that race aggressive in any sort of fashion. MotoGP has somehow given people the idea it's F1...no touching, no passing, no fun. Rossi just reminded Stoner what it takes to be a 7 time world champ.
I didn't see Rossi touch Stoner once (cept maybe the corkscrew)...and bike racing isn't even close to agressive if people aren't leaning on each other, I've seen club racing with way more purposeful contact.
Personally I'm very glad to see Rossi remind people what it's all about. And it's not about everyone keeping their distance and letting the fastest bike win. Stoner is pissed cause he got beat by a slower bike and a better rider. Stoner is used to making easy passes cause he makes most of them on the straights with the HP of the Duc...no drama there.
Stoner brought a knife to a gun fight, he had a testicle competition with Rossi and lost by five.
And his whining about Rossi braking early or "brake checking" him....BS, hell my wife whines about that when she races. I tell her if someone in front of you is braking too hard or too early then freakin pass them. If you can't pass them then obviously they are NOT braking too much. As for "brake checking" you "check" me in one turn on one lap...I promise you I'll be there to pass you on the next lap when you try it.
I was extremely surprised at Stoner's attitude, jeez, the dude needs to go to 125/250gp for a while and sack up with those guys, they'll show him what close racing is all about.

Bottom line... classic situation, he had the HP to pass on the straights, but didn't have the speed in the corners. He was leaving Rossi 18" on the inside and Rossi was freakin taking it, and making it stick. If Stoner didn't want to be passed he should have protected his line, it's not Rossi's fault the Duc was handling like crap, what's Rossi supposed to do, be a nice guy and let him win?

People forget how competitive Rossi is because he's all smiles and jokes most of the time. You don't win 7 world championships by being easy to push around. He may look like Curious George on the outside...but he's King Kong on the inside.
I don't ever recall hearing Rossi complain about agressive riding unless someone took him out like Pedrosa took out Hayden.
Stoner needs to sack up, I've seen way closer, way more agressive races than that in every single professional racing class. Jeez, Fogarty would have had Stoner crapping in his pants and running home to mommy.
JohnnyB

post #22 of 32 Old 07-22-2008, 08:25 AM

Awards Showcase

Some of you guys are making Rossi out to be the King of kindness, how quick you forget all the whinning he was having on 2006 & 2007 when he was not getting his way, when he no longer had the best bike/tire combo, when he was not getting his precious tires flown in specially made for him for race day.

So stoner was pissed? Who wouldn't, even us old folks get pissed off from time to time and we can't see past the moment and the adrenaline flowing at the moment... what? it hasn't happened to any of you before? The kid is only 22 and shows a lot of maturity that I know I didn't have back when I was that age... perhaps not even now.

Has Rossi broken his will just like he did with Biaggi and Gibbers... I think not

Rossi was able to do what he did in Laguna since it is a short track and very hard to pass, I don't believe he's going to be able to do that on the following tracks but I sure as hell wish he does so we can see some close racing again.

Wasn't Rossi crying me a River when Elias put some good moves on him in Portugal last year or in 2006? He also spoke about Stoner's agressivness when the kid was with the LCR Honda, was I the only one thinking that Rossi was tasting some of his own medicine?

I think they all whine when they are pissed of or frustated, some more than others but they all do it.

Oh well... I like this kind of bench racing chat though and I, for one, am glad that we have been able to have it since it was pretty much dull for the past few months when it came to discussing the races!

post #23 of 32 Old 07-22-2008, 10:17 AM
Il bambino e un cani

Awards Showcase

Oh hell yes, at least we have something to discuss, way better than most races these days.

One thing you have to remember is.... when Rossi whines it's with an Italian accent...which sounds way cooler than whining in an British/Aussie accent.

JohnnyB

post #24 of 32 Old 07-22-2008, 11:31 AM
The "Eagle" Has Landed

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyB View Post
Oh hell yes, at least we have something to discuss, way better than most races these days.

One thing you have to remember is.... when Rossi whines it's with an Italian accent...which sounds way cooler than whining in an British/Aussie accent.

JohnnyB
So.........are you finally admitting to being Ghei and in love with Rossi?

post #25 of 32 Old 07-22-2008, 12:00 PM
Optio

Awards Showcase
Donation BOTM 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaJim View Post
Really?

. . .Tires can make or break a bike.

As far as Hayden, I hope he moves elsewhere. . .

Edwards was a BIG dissapointment. . . Red Bull series rocks.
The Michelin tires pretty much sucked at Laguna (compared to the Bridgestones). Their tire engineers sent over compounds tailored to the 111 degree weather of last year, hard compounds. Some of the Michelin riders tried resorting to having their tire techs cutting grooves in their tires, or using intermediates, to deal with Michelin's mistake.

http://superbikeplanet.com/image/200...land_Inter.htm
http://superbikeplanet.com/image/200.../tim06/p04.htm
http://superbikeplanet.com/2008/Jul/080719g5.htm

post #26 of 32 Old 07-22-2008, 02:23 PM

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9nineteen View Post
The Michelin tires pretty much sucked at Laguna (compared to the Bridgestones). Their tire engineers sent over compounds tailored to the 111 degree weather of last year, hard compounds. Some of the Michelin riders tried resorting to having their tire techs cutting grooves in their tires, or using intermediates, to deal with Michelin's mistake.

http://superbikeplanet.com/image/200...land_Inter.htm
http://superbikeplanet.com/image/200.../tim06/p04.htm
http://superbikeplanet.com/2008/Jul/080719g5.htm
I think this was a big factor in Turdosa's decission to go back home... he knew he had a chance in hell to make some ground on them boys.

Did you see the rear shot of Edwards using a cut slick? it sure looked like a wet tire instead of a slick

post #27 of 32 Old 07-22-2008, 02:34 PM
The "Eagle" Has Landed

Awards Showcase

Bidendum done screwed up!

post #28 of 32 Old 07-22-2008, 03:24 PM
Corner speed sets u free

Garage

Awards Showcase
Trackday Recognition Donation Veteran 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9nineteen View Post
Some of the Michelin riders tried resorting to having their tire techs cutting grooves in their tires, or using intermediates, to deal with Michelin's mistake.
and you'd think for a race like that they would have offered a bit of selection in compound. Don't they know the weather over here is all screwed up right now?

post #29 of 32 Old 07-22-2008, 06:18 PM
Il bambino e un cani

Awards Showcase

Quote:
So.........are you finally admitting to being Ghei and in love with Rossi?
I've always been in love with him...even though he does look somewhat like a monkey..... easy to imagine him in a clown suit too.

I'm still a Hayden fan first and formost, gotta be one of the nicest guys in MotoGP.
JohnnyB

post #30 of 32 Old 07-22-2008, 06:22 PM

Awards Showcase

JohnnyB, what's your take on Nicky riding on that ducky? do you think he could tame that beast as good as or close to what Stoner is doing on it?

post #31 of 32 Old 07-22-2008, 07:21 PM Thread Starter
Fool in the Rain

Garage

Awards Showcase

Pedrosa didn't go home because of tires. If he'd been able to ride and score points he would have been there. Too close a battle to go home because you can't run up front. I think he figured it best to go heal up and give the best he can come the end game. His times were way off, even further than guys on the same tires.

I think Nicky would fair well on the Duc. Lots better than Melandri anyway.

post #32 of 32 Old 07-23-2008, 04:25 PM
Il bambino e un cani

Awards Showcase

I think Nicky at least has the background that would indicate more of an ability to ride the Duc. The tamer 800's act more like 250gp machines, and a style of riding Nicky never got on well with.
Yeah, I'd say Nicky would do better on the Duc...but I think he could end up with tire issues late in the races. He's more than capable of power sliding it through the turns and winding it up on the exits....but it will play hell with the tires. The Duc seems like a strange bird, half way between a 250gp bike and a WSBK bike.....problem is it seems to pick which one it wants to be kind of at random.
It's for sure got some issue on throttle coming out of corners...would buck on the throttle at corner exit a couple times a lap at least.
Nicky certainly has the size and muscle to attempt to make it do what he wants it to do. But I'm not sure that will be a winning method either.

I understand he hesistation to leave Honda, they are the only company he's ever raced for I think. And they kinda appear content to keep him on despite some less than stellar results. Whereas Ducati could toss him away the first year he doesn't win a championship....not saying they would, just that there are no strong ties there. Honda has an appreciation for Nicky's popularity in their biggest sales market. Ducati has never been particularly senstive to that.....although, the US has been / is, a rapidly growing market for Ducati. I found it strange that they would court Hayden in the first place. Although they do seem to like English speaking riders..... probably because with an Italian or Spanish rider they are kind of preaching to the choir as Ducati is already very popular in those countries.

Certainly would be fun to watch Hayden on a Duc.
JohnnyB

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode