**Spoiler** Losail - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 11 Old 02-25-2008, 07:56 AM Thread Starter
Legatus Legionis

Awards Showcase
Community Leadership Donation Donation Community Leadership 
Total Awards: 6

**Spoiler** Losail

Anyone watch the opening round? I missed the 1st race. In race 2 Corser and Haga got the hole shot but faded. Nieto was most impressive in picking up his first SBK win. The Suzuki had the power to overtake the Ducs. Will Nieto be a force to be reckoned with or was his win a fluke?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 02-25-2008, 08:14 AM
Power 2 the pedal

Awards Showcase
Extraordinary Ride Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 

Spoiler:
Haga made a stupid selfish move and reaped what he sowed in the first race.

The Ducatis seem to be very consistent, but Nieto held them back pretty well. It seemed by the end of both races that the lead Ducs were having to be ridden on the very edge to stay in the lead.

post #3 of 11 Old 02-25-2008, 08:29 AM
Fool in the Rain

Garage

Awards Showcase
Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Extraordinary Ride Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 4

Dissapointed in the Hondas.

Haga rode hurt the second race due to his bonehead reaction in the first race.

I think the Ducs are getting a little 1200cc love from WSB right now.

"Towards the end of the vid, it looks like she may have had a bafflectomy." - MarylandMike

post #4 of 11 Old 02-25-2008, 10:32 AM
Left Hand Suzuki Method

Definately fun to watch and finally something to talk about other modifying a 919 on here.

Still, the lead riders are the lead riders less the introduction of Nieto, no matter what bikes they are on. It's still fun to watch Biaggi and Bayliss duke it out. Would have been some better action if Haga didn't arse punch the clown.

The funny thing I noticed is that the Yamahas still beat the piss out of the tires. You would have thought they could have done something in the off season to fix that (same from last year).

And the Hondas? What Honda's. I think Checa will be running mid pack all season just like the Brazilian Bunny did even those he's with a real sponsor.

And what's up with Kagayama. He's a train wreck! Probably won't see him next year unless someone's desperate.

Phillip Island will be fun to see the home boys and the Italian trying to outbreak each other into T1. And I have to say... Xaus has got a big pair of cahones when it comes to breaking.

post #5 of 11 Old 02-25-2008, 02:22 PM
Pilus Posterior

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 1

The Suzuki's were pulling the Ducati's in the straights that's for sure!

As for Bayliss and Biaggi in the first race, that was insane!
Bayliss had horseshoes up his ass in some of the corners he took, kicking up dust! The best is when he took Biaggi just before winning and turned around and looked right at him after passing him just before the finish.

post #6 of 11 Old 02-25-2008, 03:54 PM
C'est la vie

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 2

Ten Kate only had 1 test at Almeria with the new bikes and admitted that they were way behind. Carlos actually did pretty well in the first and Kenan reasonably well in the second with Carlos running off track and having to come back through. They were only like what 7 and 12 seconds back respectively. They'll be up there soon enough.

I still don't know how Bayliss kept it upright in the first race either. You could actually see him pushing the front out of the corners. It was funny watching Tardozzi flipping out on the pitwall. The other one I couldn't believe was Biaggi holding onto it when Xaus came through in the second race the first time. It looked like the bike was pogoing on the front leant over. Then the two of them going side by side for the next 3 or 4 corners. I've never seen anybody next to each other that long. They both had a set on them that race.

I still hate the fact that I can't hit up the websites to see pics with the Supersport race not being broadcast until Wednesday. Don't wanna' ruin it.

post #7 of 11 Old 02-26-2008, 08:38 AM
WoW

I don't know wtf is going on with Suzuki.

First they boot Corser for Biaggi, and kept Kagayama. (cuz it's obvious corser can't ride anymore...ha!) And now they didn't resign Biaggi and kept Kagayama again! That also seems to be a good move...Sure Nieto won the 2nd race but I just don't think we'll see him consistently on the podium.

Find me on all over the web:

www.vwvortex.com- spoolin215
www.honda-tech.com- germanhondaslayer
www.bodybuilding.com- forcefedfreak
www.triumphrat.net- forcefedfreak
post #8 of 11 Old 02-26-2008, 09:16 AM

Awards Showcase
Trackday Recognition 
Total Awards: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMulford View Post
I still don't know how Bayliss kept it upright in the first race either. You could actually see him pushing the front out of the corners. It was funny watching Tardozzi flipping out on the pitwall. The other one I couldn't believe was Biaggi holding onto it when Xaus came through in the second race the first time. It looked like the bike was pogoing on the front leant over. Then the two of them going side by side for the next 3 or 4 corners. I've never seen anybody next to each other that long. They both had a set on them that race.
dude i was on my feet those few corners! that was incredible! considering they were on identical machinery, it makes sense they could run side by side like the through those transitions. I was really impressed Biaggi was able to hang after his front end was bouncing like you mentioned... wild!

post #9 of 11 Old 02-26-2008, 10:10 AM
Left Hand Suzuki Method

Hopefully this season will turn out like last year. I loved WSBK last year and thought MotoGP and AMA were a total waste of time. I'll keep my fingers crossed that we see more wheel to wheel racing this year.... Can't wait!

And the only reason Kagayam is on the team still is he's Japanese. If he would pull his head out of his arse, he's crazy to watch race. Put him up with the other top 5 boys and you'll be standing from Lap 1 to Lap 20...

Maybe not that long cause he'd throw it away after 5 laps... but anywho, any pics for Phillip Island?

post #10 of 11 Old 02-26-2008, 01:32 PM Thread Starter
Legatus Legionis

Awards Showcase
Community Leadership Donation Donation Community Leadership 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayrock View Post
Maybe not that long cause he'd throw it away after 5 laps... but anywho, any pics for Phillip Island?
I'll go with Troy...

post #11 of 11 Old 02-26-2008, 02:37 PM
Left Hand Suzuki Method

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMike View Post
I'll go with Troy...
That's bogus, you get half payout on that one

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode