SpeedTV is about to lose another viewer! - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 13 Old 02-18-2009, 03:59 PM Thread Starter
C'est la vie

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 2

SpeedTV is about to lose another viewer!

Superbike Planet Link

Here is a copy of what I submitted to the SpeedTV.com/Feedback.

Quote:
Why does SpeedTV hate motorcycle racing so much? Does the moving of Live and/or Same Day Delay broadcasts of the AMA Road Races to this "innovative" Saturday night show mean that I'll be able to watch the three World Superbike/World Supersport races all on the Sunday afternoon of whatever weekend they're running? To be honest, I could live with the stupidity of the decision to not show the AMA races Live or SDD if it means being able to see the FIM races on their race date instead of 2 days or sometimes weeks afterward.

If not, I'm afraid SpeedTV will be losing another viewer that's been watching since and misses Speedvision. I'd rather pay the fees to watch the MotoGP races online, get up at the crack of dawn to watch the WSBK races live online and not see the AMA races at all instead of supporting such an idiotic decision. Please don't blow smoke up my ass and tell me this is innovative. Innovative would be actually showing racing all day on Sundays and not repeats of Pinks or other mindnumbing "reality" crap!
I was really looking forward to watching Josh Hayes wring the crap out of that Yamaha. Oh well..... Good luck Josh.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 02-18-2009, 04:39 PM
Fool in the Rain

Garage

Awards Showcase
Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Extraordinary Ride Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 4

I saw elsewhere that the Daytona 200 was the only AMA race they are showing. No other classes. I think it's under the lights this year. So much for what DMG was going to do for exposure.

I can't bitch at Speed too much though. Without them there wouldn't be any motorcycle racing on TV.

"Towards the end of the vid, it looks like she may have had a bafflectomy." - MarylandMike
post #3 of 13 Old 02-18-2009, 08:31 PM

Awards Showcase
Donation BOTM 

News Flash - Speed is making some huge changes to thier AMA coverage ! Stolen form Gregs facebook note ---

AMA Pro and SPEED Announce New AMA Pro Prime Time Race Event and Studio Show
Today at 4:09pm
FYI:

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (February 18, 2009) - AMA Pro Racing and SPEED announced today an innovative and unprecedented new programming format that will see 2009 AMA Pro Road Racing events, highlight coverage of other AMA Pro disciplines and a variety of in-studio and at-event features showcased every Saturday evening in the AMA Pro Prime Time show on America's leading motorsports television channel.

The 26-week run for AMA Pro Prime Time begins March 21, and will air every Saturday night on SPEED at 10 or 11 p.m. ET (7 or 8 p.m. PT), with each program ranging in length from one to three hours depending on weekly content. The programming schedule will feature flag-to-flag coverage of every 2009 AMA Pro American Superbike and AMA Pro Daytona SportBike race, ample coverage of other AMA Pro Road Racing divisions and select exposure of other motorcycle disciplines under the organization's umbrella.

The race programming will be packaged within a studio show that will offer viewers a variety of features, including in-studio guests, expert analysis, breaking news announcements, motorcycle unveilings and much more. Popular SPEED personality Ralph Sheheen will be the in-studio host for AMA Pro Prime Time while the race coverage team will be anchored by host and play-by-play announcer Leigh Diffey, pit reporter Greg White and a to-be-named analyst.

"This is a landmark day for AMA Pro Racing television in that it combines the best of both worlds for our dedicated fans," said AMA Pro Racing President Roger Edmondson. "For the first time, viewers will know exactly when and where to tune in to not only see AMA Pro Racing but also get the latest news and information through an in-studio component that has rarely been coupled with flag-to-flag racing in the past."

Offering viewers destination television through a regular time slot has worked for numerous sports and entertainment properties in the past but has not been offered in a race event and studio format to U.S. motorcycle racing fans until now.

"This effort was a true collaboration between SPEED and the new leadership at AMA Pro," said SPEED President Hunter Nickell. "We are psyched to be able to deliver weekly appointment television to this extremely passionate audience."

In addition to AMA Pro Prime Time, additional programming on SPEED will see live coverage of the season-opening AMA Pro Daytona SportBike Daytona 200 by Honda under the lights at Daytona International Speedway, Friday, March 6, at 8:30 p.m. ET. The season-opening AMA Pro American Superbike race will be featured in the premiere of AMA Pro Prime Time on March 21.

The competition on AMA Pro Prime Time will include 39 races from both the AMA Pro American Superbike and AMA Pro Daytona SportBike classes that will air within a week or two of the actual events throughout the season.

"We can't recall a previous example of such a multi-faceted motorcycle program and we are honored to move forward with this innovative offering in partnership with our colleagues at SPEED," Edmondson said. "They obviously share our dedication to AMA Pro Racing and we want to thank them for the support as we work together to build the profile and audience of major league motorcycle racing in this country."

The 2009 AMA Pro Road Racing season will begin at Daytona International Speedway the first weekend in March. The weekend will be highlighted by the first Daytona 200 by Honda under the lights, Friday, March 6, for the AMA Pro Daytona SportBike division. The Daytona kick-off will also feature AMA Pro American Superbike competition and races for additional AMA Pro Road Racing championships.
AMA Pro Racing is the premier professional motorcycle racing organization in North America, operating a full schedule of events and championships for a variety of motorcycle disciplines. From its Daytona Beach headquarters, the organization operates and manages AMA Pro Road Racing, which includes AMA Pro American Superbike, AMA Pro Daytona SportBike, AMA Pro SuperSport and AMA Pro SunTrust Moto-GT. AMA Pro Racing also manages and works closely with the day-to-day operational organizations of the AMA Pro Flat Track Championship and the AMA Pro Supermoto Championship Series in addition to other two-wheel and ATV series. Learn more about AMA Pro Racing at www.amaproracing.com.

post #4 of 13 Old 02-19-2009, 09:31 AM
Stare into me...

Awards Showcase
Extraordinary Ride Donation Extraordinary Ride Donation 
Total Awards: 4

I'm not thrilled about it, because I occasionally like to watch some racing in the afternoon but look at it this way....most of the AMA stuff was same day delay anyway, just in an earlier time slot, I for one almost always knew who won a race way before it was televised, so that prolly won't change for me but maybe now the races will be broadcast at a consistent time on a consisitent night......watch or record it and enjoy what you get

AS far as the racing vs pinks/Nascar/lowlife stuff yeah it sucks but it comes down to viewership and ratings and unfortunately we are vastly out-numbered. SPEED is a business and has to pay it's bills and we suffer somewhat. It sux. But I'm with HondaJim, some racing trumps nuttin at all.

post #5 of 13 Old 02-19-2009, 11:05 AM Thread Starter
C'est la vie

Awards Showcase

You know how MTV doesn't really show videos anymore? It didn't take all that long for it to happen once it started.

post #6 of 13 Old 02-19-2009, 12:00 PM Thread Starter
C'est la vie

Awards Showcase

post #7 of 13 Old 02-26-2009, 11:40 AM Thread Starter
C'est la vie

Awards Showcase

It's about time Superbike Planet wrote this!

Though it's not about the AMA broadcasts, it does have to do with SPEED's general lack of intelligence.

post #8 of 13 Old 04-01-2009, 01:15 PM Thread Starter
C'est la vie

Awards Showcase

BSB Press release

I read this and it feels like BSB is making fun of DMG/AMA and Speed. Sort of a "Ha ha, we're doing things that the fans actually want and we're gonna' make gobs more money doing it!!!"

post #9 of 13 Old 04-01-2009, 01:29 PM

Awards Showcase
Donation BOTM 

I read that as well - makes me sad - Just the fact that in our great nation with such a rich pool of talent, there is no way ot watch it reasonably ! It stinks !
I just think its funny, I like to watch bicycle racing and off road racing also - The Vs. network is doing a bang up job in providing coverage of those events - The US GNCC/ Hare Scramblr series is getting better ,faster coverage than the Superbike series ! They race on the weekend and in most cases youll see highlights either that night or monday -Same for the cycling - they had great coverage of the 2009 Criterium Internatial sunday . Heck Bicycling has thier own day on that network ! http://www.versus.com/cyclysm

Why cant Superbike do the same ! Time to shop for a new network !!!!

post #10 of 13 Old 04-01-2009, 01:30 PM Thread Starter
C'est la vie

Awards Showcase

And in case no one else saw this Cycle News article...

Linky!

I found it quite good.

post #11 of 13 Old 04-01-2009, 01:42 PM Thread Starter
C'est la vie

Awards Showcase

I can't help but feel like the AMA Pro Prime Time show feels like the way motorsports used to be broadcast in the black and white days. With the soap opera commentary at the commercial breaks. It's insulting. Had they shown all 4 races during last weekends show I might have continued to watch them but they only showed the Saturday Fontana races and will be showing the Sunday races this Saturday night. Again, 2 weeks after they were run. And they can't even advertise the next race weekend during it because it will already be going on. Unbelievable. Oooo, not to mention that Shaheen spoiled the results of the second races at the end of the broadcast. Sure, I already knew it anyway as a week is too much time for me to not click on the results links but that's just stupid.

I'm now following through with my original plan to not watch the Pro Prime Time show. I'll get what I need from the pics on Superbike planet, the post race press releases and the race coverage articles in Roadracing World. Is Cycle News available in the US?

post #12 of 13 Old 04-01-2009, 01:47 PM
Legatus Legionis

Awards Showcase
Community Leadership Donation Donation Community Leadership 
Total Awards: 6

Italy in the summer... Who's up for a road trip?

post #13 of 13 Old 04-01-2009, 02:08 PM Thread Starter
C'est la vie

Awards Showcase

Summer? Monza is the first weekend in May!

I gotta' do my taxes first.....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode