Soggy Track Day - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 2 Old 08-26-2007, 02:37 PM Thread Starter
Living the dream

Soggy Track Day

So I had a twilight LED at Mid-Ohio yesterday. The format is you start at 5:00 pm. Have a 15 min session for Intermediate then a 15 min session for Advance then the track goes green for everyone. Limited to 44 riders. They throw the checker every 1/2 hour and the safety car makes 1 lap and green flag drops again.

Anyway...beautiful all day. Then when the rider meeting starts...it poors. Rain tapers off a bit so we head out. Rain stops and a bit of a dry line starts to form. Not 100% dry but I was gaininig confidence and getting comfortable.

My goal for the day was to work on hanging off more, better throttle control and smooth lines. Pefect on a wet track.

Well....I am not the fastest guy at all but I was passing people!! I was setting up riders and passing them learning how the bike reacts when you loose traction and how it feels to go from dry-wet-dry.

The rain started again and my helmet was fogging. I was a bit tired anyway and had learned a lot. I want another day now to expand on what I learned. Is till had a geat time and got to see a buddy from MI.

Wish it has stayed dry but still got about 60 min dry time.

Got the new brake pads on. THANKS JAMES!!

Not many good pics due to weather but Ang got a few. Here is about the best.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 08-26-2007, 02:59 PM
Power 2 the pedal

Awards Showcase
Extraordinary Ride Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 6

Good to see you back on the track. I'm glad that bolt worked out, it had me worried that it wasn't the right one.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode