Screw Stoner and Lorenzo! - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 13 Old 07-29-2011, 06:27 AM Thread Starter
Cornicen

Awards Showcase
Extraordinary Ride 
Total Awards: 1

Screw Stoner and Lorenzo!

So I've been following MotoGP more this year than normal. I just read all about the race in Motegi Japan this October and how there is concern about potential radiation from the Nuclear incident. Stoner and Lorenzo say they won't go no matter what any report says (a report just came out and reports that there is negligible risk).

I say screw those guys. Who do they think they are? They have contracts and are paid millions to race. There is no room for primadonnas in motorsports.

Go Rossi! Get that Desmo thingy working right before you get too old!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 07-29-2011, 06:33 AM
STR-III

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 2

I find this pretty funny. They risk life and limb every time they race yet they are afraid of a little radiation exposure. How many X-Rays have these guys had in their lifetime?

Press Any Key To Continue.
post #3 of 13 Old 07-29-2011, 06:40 AM
Aquilifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmurphy84 View Post
I find this pretty funny. They risk life and limb every time they race yet they are afraid of a little radiation exposure. How many X-Rays have these guys had in their lifetime?
+1
Rich

post #4 of 13 Old 07-29-2011, 08:12 AM
Cat Herder

Garage

Awards Showcase
Veteran Veteran 
Total Awards: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmurphy84 View Post
I finally got around to watching "Faster" (the Moto GP story, not the Rock vehicle) the other day. They have a hell of lot more to worry about than a little radiation. Hell it might give them superpowers and let them ride faster

2015 Ducati Monster 1200S

"Anyone who says money can't buy you happiness has obviously never used money to buy a Ducati motorcycle."
post #5 of 13 Old 07-30-2011, 10:45 AM
The chill Moderator

Awards Showcase
Veteran 

That's just like when most of the US Mens Basketball team refused to go to Athens in 2008 due to a Terrorist scare. Bullshit in my opinion. You make millions and can't be bothered to play in Greece but men who make on average $28K can spend an entire year of there lives under the constant threat of death. Yeah, nice job on representing America and your fans.

Stoner and Lorenzo face more radiation in there daily lives then they care to know. It was a choice probably made for them but some money grubbing Manager or Agent trying to protect their investment.

Never Trade the Thrills of Living for the Security of Existence.
post #6 of 13 Old 08-23-2011, 10:04 PM Thread Starter
Cornicen

Awards Showcase
Extraordinary Ride 

So now Rossi says that he may not go...didn't say definitively. I was hoping he'd man up and show some leadership. Looks like I'll have to root for Colin Edwards at Indy - he's already said he'll go to Japan. Plus the old son of a gun is riding hard for a non-factory bike.

post #7 of 13 Old 08-23-2011, 10:27 PM
blur

Awards Showcase
Donation 

they're just ignorant about radiation. they get more exposure flying all over the globe,eating bananas and playing motogp on ps3 then they will in japan.

'04 Honda 919, Candy apple red met., 17/44t sprockets,f-16 windscreen,delkevic ss exhaust,Tharbars,givi engine bars, billet alum. led turns w/ running lights,red adj.levers from china, bar end mirrors,grip heaters,adj. foot peg brackets,adj. bar risers,dunlop Q2(that are better than your pp 2ct,lol)bike wired for gps and phone charger
post #8 of 13 Old 08-24-2011, 12:38 AM
...is a Nihonjin.

I thought from the test results two weeks ago, that they all said yes but Lorenzo? (he wanted to see the results first)

If Stoner did skip out...and he loses the championship by a slim margin...oh boy. He did state that his pregnant wife will not be going. I wonder who'll be his umbrella'ler'. Pedrosa, perhaps haha.

post #9 of 13 Old 08-24-2011, 07:52 PM
Optio

I'm guesing they are playing mind games.

That said. Its there life. If they don't want to go live with it. Radiation isn't something to mess around with. Don' care how much they are paid. If there is a real risk it ain't worth going. I wouldn't trust that report if I were them. The guy who is trying to force them to go is the one that paid for the report.

If I was paid what they are paid and I was truely concerned about it I'd find my own dang scientist to study the risk and make a truely indipendant report.

02 919 (RIP)
07 600RR
07 CRF450X
81 XS850
09 Versys
post #10 of 13 Old 08-24-2011, 09:53 PM
(-(-(-(-(- -)-)-)-)-)

Just to chime in geographically... on the maps it looks like 60 miles from Twin Ring Motegi to where the nuclear plants are directly. There could be a valid reason to not want to be there(I'm no expert on radiation though), but if they were really concerned just like touring says, hire your own scientist to go out there with a counter.

I wouldn't trust what the Japanese government is putting out either, the way they were releasing info when the tops of those reactor buildings blew. Panic control seems to be the theme

県道391号線 to Unknown road - Google Maps

post #11 of 13 Old 08-24-2011, 11:52 PM
Milites Gregarius

OMG! There are other racetracks in Japan that I believe are suitable and safe for Moto GP like Autopolis, or Suzuka. Have any of the riders mentioned this? Are they running from Japan with their tails between their legs? This is an important round not just for the manufacturers but for the fans also.

post #12 of 13 Old 08-25-2011, 06:55 PM
Optio

Can't imagin Stoner would have a job for very long if he refused motegi (owned by honda) and suggested autopolis (owned by Kawi).

02 919 (RIP)
07 600RR
07 CRF450X
81 XS850
09 Versys
post #13 of 13 Old 08-25-2011, 10:45 PM
Carp Killer

I agree... radiation isn't something to piss around with. There is a difference between volunteering to compete in a dangerous sport when you are the best in the world and there are relatively few fatalities each year, versus being forced to enter an area that could still be a radioactive hot zone and could shorten you life by an unknown number of years.

Keep The Rubber Side Down

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode