Rossi switches to Bridgestone for 2008 - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 21 Old 11-05-2007, 12:18 PM Thread Starter

Awards Showcase
Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 2

Rossi switches to Bridgestone for 2008

It is official ladies and gens, the curly boy wonder will be on Bridgestones next season to mount a challenge to Casey Stoner and Marco Melandri...

http://www.speedtv.com/articles/moto/motogp/41426/

Now, I got to ask myself this question and I am sure most of you are thinking it.

Is Valentino and all his RAW talent, capable to make the switch to Bridgestone w/o much termoil (as he did when he went from the RC211V to the M1) or he is to suffer the reverse faith that plagued Makoto Tamada (and now Nakano) when they switch from BS to Michelins???

I for one wish he can't because I don't know if I would handle him whinning about being beaten because he wasn't able to get on with the BS or whinning about getting beat even with the Mighty BS's.

All in all, I wish the bikes are on a more balanced playing field so we can see some consistant races and not fall sleep in the middle of lap 7

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 Old 11-05-2007, 12:31 PM
Site Founder

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Extraordinary Ride Trackday Recognition Extraordinary Ride 
Total Awards: 6

from this distance we don't know the full scope of why Stoner had a runaway season. If Rossi says it's tires then I'm good with that.
It was a Cinderella season for the young Aussie with the impressive earspan.

however; tires didn't make a difference when Rossi couldn't hang with Stoner down the straights.

post #3 of 21 Old 11-05-2007, 12:36 PM
Aquilifer

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation Veteran 
Total Awards: 3

I'm just curious what Rossi will have left to blame when the tires don't win him another championship.

-Joe

post #4 of 21 Old 11-05-2007, 12:45 PM
Site Founder

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Extraordinary Ride Trackday Recognition Extraordinary Ride 

and Robert's, who's he going to stroke for a fifty dollar bill?

post #5 of 21 Old 11-05-2007, 01:02 PM
Wookie

Awards Showcase
Donation 
Total Awards: 1

If I had Bridgestones on my bike I could beat Rossi.

'02 RC-51
'10 Unicycle

post #6 of 21 Old 11-05-2007, 01:07 PM
MuscleCar Nut

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC90 View Post

All in all, I wish the bikes are on a more balanced playing field so we can see some consistant races and not fall sleep in the middle of lap 7
Not a really big Moto GP fan, more of a car guy...... but be careful with that statement.......

That is what has killed my favorite sport...

Troy
67 Pontiac GTO
2003 Triumph Speedmaster
post #7 of 21 Old 11-05-2007, 01:13 PM
NC Sasquatch

Awards Showcase
Trackday Recognition Veteran 

Next year the tire rule is being relaxed a bit anyway.

The Michelin riders will be more competitive.

post #8 of 21 Old 11-05-2007, 01:35 PM
Stare into me...

Awards Showcase
Extraordinary Ride Donation Extraordinary Ride Donation 
Total Awards: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooker_47 View Post
I'm just curious what Rossi will have left to blame when the tires don't win him another championship.
My sentiment too.

I will be rooting against him, and FOR anyone ahead of him on Michelins.

It's a loyalty thing to me.

post #9 of 21 Old 11-05-2007, 02:52 PM Thread Starter

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetblast10 View Post
from this distance we don't know the full scope of why Stoner had a runaway season. If Rossi says it's tires then I'm good with that.
however; tires didn't make a difference when Rossi couldn't hang with Stoner down the straights.
Well, that is indeed the problem on some tracks but still, how does Rossi know (even with his talent) that the transition to new tires will be a good marriage for him and his yamaha? Has he been secretly testing them and we don't know it? Inquiring minds want to know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooker_47 View Post
That's what I was trying to say but, of course, you said in English and I didn't!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetblast10 View Post
and Robert's, who's he going to stroke for a fifty dollar bill?
You're not liking Roberts much huh... I, for one, wish he can get a two man team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67GTONUT View Post
Not a really big Moto GP fan, more of a car guy...... but be careful with that statement.......

That is what has killed my favorite sport...
I am not understanding what you are getting at GT but, if you look at the WSBK, we all cry wolf when they went to a Tire Manufacturer, there are some naysayers that still whine about how they haven't broken the lap records set by some of the Michelin or dunlops shods but... we get to watch some Hellacious races... there are always 4 to 5 guys that can win and/or podium at every track.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDJAM View Post
My sentiment too.

I will be rooting against him, and FOR anyone ahead of him on Michelins.

It's a loyalty thing to me.
I like Rossi but ever since those ugly plays against Sete and other guys and now all this whinning... I feel the same way too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelguy View Post
Next year the tire rule is being relaxed a bit anyway.

The Michelin riders will be more competitive.
As fans... we can only hope.

post #10 of 21 Old 11-05-2007, 02:52 PM
Legatus Legionis

Awards Showcase
Community Leadership Donation Donation Community Leadership 

Perdosa is running Michelins. He had not trouble yesterday with the tires or his Honda. He drafted by Stoner and never looked back.

post #11 of 21 Old 11-05-2007, 03:42 PM
Fool in the Rain

Garage

Awards Showcase
Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Extraordinary Ride Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 

Read more rumors. Different tires for Rossi's teammate, and two different garages. Okay.

"Towards the end of the vid, it looks like she may have had a bafflectomy." - MarylandMike
post #12 of 21 Old 11-05-2007, 04:40 PM Thread Starter

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaJim View Post
Read more rumors. Different tires for Rossi's teammate, and two different garages. Okay.
Well, that's a given and it goes with the territory as none of them want the other to sneak & peak on their technology.

The Italian and Spaniard Magz are having a field day with the demise of Rossi's M1 and Dani snatching 2nd place away from him.

post #13 of 21 Old 11-05-2007, 05:02 PM
Site Founder

Awards Showcase

Quote:
You're not liking Roberts much huh... I, for one, wish he can get a two man team.
I don't know him, can't say I like or dislike him.
I love the idea of a privateer competing against the huge money. What I don't like is what I've seen from him in interviews and articles he wrote for MotorCyclist magazine. About how invented this and he invented that... kneedragging, he claims to have invented kneedragging.

How can you invent kneedragging? He might've been the first to do it, might not, don't know, but he didn't invent it. That's absurd.

When he was searching for sponsors prior to the start of 2007 he was complaining about it. The condescending tones he used irritated me, he bantered on about how he thought it was ridiculous that nobody wanted to sponsor him. It came across as whiny and pitiful.

He may be a fine human being, but I don't anticipate we'd get along to well for very long.

post #14 of 21 Old 11-05-2007, 05:13 PM
MuscleCar Nut

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation 

Quote:

Maybe I misread what you mean....

But what I am saying is wishing for a more even playing field sometimes has the league step in and make rules to make everything even....

This is what has happened to NASCAR, I am still an avid fan, but all the rules in the past 10 years have killed the sport.

It used to be, if the Ford's were dominating, then the GM teams would go to GM to build a better car.... now they complain to NASCAR to make the cars more equal....
In the end...... we have all the cars nearly identical, without the stickers, you would not be able to tell the cars apart. And we now have some of the most boring racing ever in the sport.....

Needless to say, as a car guy. I tend to watch more NHRA, then NASCAR these days....

Like I said, this might have nothing to do with what you meant about level playing field.....

Troy
67 Pontiac GTO
2003 Triumph Speedmaster
post #15 of 21 Old 11-05-2007, 05:19 PM
Fool in the Rain

Garage

Awards Showcase
Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Extraordinary Ride Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 

Quote:

But what I am saying is wishing for a more even playing field sometimes has the league step in and make rules to make everything even....

This is what has happened to NASCAR, I am still an avid fan, but all the rules in the past 10 years have killed the sport.

It used to be, if the Ford's were dominating, then the GM teams would go to GM to build a better car.... now they complain to NASCAR to make the cars more equal....
In the end...... we have all the cars nearly identical, without the stickers, you would not be able to tell the cars apart. And we now have some of the most boring racing ever in the sport.....

Needless to say, as a car guy. I tend to watch more NHRA, then NASCAR these days....

Like I said, this might have nothing to do with what you meant about level playing field.....

+1. Stock cars my a$$. Plus they want all the cars bunched together so everybody can get their advertising time. I'll pass.

And RC, correct me if I'm wrong, but team bikes running different tires is a given?

"Towards the end of the vid, it looks like she may have had a bafflectomy." - MarylandMike
post #16 of 21 Old 11-05-2007, 11:16 PM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

Awards Showcase
Donation 
Total Awards: 1

Quote:

Quote:
+1. Stock cars my a$$. Plus they want all the cars bunched together so everybody can get their advertising time. I'll pass.
+1 Couldn't agree more.

'02 Honda 919 - She's the only one for me!

post #17 of 21 Old 11-06-2007, 07:05 AM Thread Starter

Awards Showcase

Quote:

Oh WOW... NOOOOOOO, God forbid and shame on you for even mentioning it here! Nah, all I ment is I am hoping this fiasco with Michelin Vs Bridgestone stops, it was bad enough when Honda was dominating (and I am a huge Honda fan). I guess I am dreamin since the inception of Traction Control and Launch Control has taken over the rider and you can't diferentiate between a good rider and mediocre rider with good luck and a very good bike (and I am not saying that Stoner is the latter either!).

Quote:

And RC, correct me if I'm wrong, but team bikes running different tires is a given?
No Jimbo, team bikes who run different tires having different garages is a given. Say you are the President of Michelin and JetBlast10 is the president of Bridgestone... would you allow or want JB10 men to walk in your pit looking at your tire technology and viceversa? You know those guys have the most guarded secrets in histoy.

Rossi pulls a lot a fans, Huge amounts of it but the days of him stumping on everyone are over... me thinks.

Kevin, I hear what you are saying about Kenny Roberts, he is very abrasive, rude and comes out like God gift to men but, one thing I like about him is that he is NOT politically correct and we need that here, we have forgotten how to be men in this country as of late. I am not saying that because of it is that you feel that he is whinny or bitchy (I feel the same way) but he was the inventor of kneedragging as it didn't exist before he got to the GP's in Europe.

I don't know if you have watched races from his first year of GP racing, the commentators used to have conversations about him doing that throughout the races. He was the one who brought GP to the States investing his own money (according to those in the know), etc, etc. I tend to cut him some slack on his abrasivness because of those things.

post #18 of 21 Old 11-09-2007, 01:09 PM
WoW

Personally I think Rossi's jump to BS was a little premature. I think the switch to 800 allowed some of the less competitive companies to try some new stuff that just happened to work for them (Duc and Suzuki)

And those teams just happened to be on Bridgestone tires. As stated above your tires don't mean **** going down the straight when the guy ahead of you is pulled 5-10 mph faster than you are. Sorry but a lot of these tracks on the circuit have really long straights and are fast tracks in general.

I personally don't like Stoner. After reading an interview with him where all he did was bitch about how Honda was conspiring against him and that's why he crashed so much, and then bitch about all the people bitching about the stupid tire rule of this past season, I had heard enough.

Find me on all over the web:

www.vwvortex.com- spoolin215
www.honda-tech.com- germanhondaslayer
www.bodybuilding.com- forcefedfreak
www.triumphrat.net- forcefedfreak
post #19 of 21 Old 11-14-2007, 05:46 AM

Well I do not have enough time in my day to get into this...But Ill drop MHO- I think Rossi should have given Mich. one more season based on I think they are pissed they got there ass handed to them, 2nd - His jump to BS, I am not worried about the tires but I am a believer that it is the M1 not the tires...Ducati hit everything right this year and the engine they had in the 990 was a perfect fit to mod to get to the 800s with the valvues and firing order etc. it worked perfect. So Burgess has soem work to do and Whining or not with any racer I am still a huge Rossi fan, and not just because he has 7 Championships. Stoner...I like him he seems like a good guy when he is not starring on the Howdy Doody show...( I like his wife better) Rossis Gararage will be split this year..Lorenzo is going to be on Michs. so of course there will be no sharring of information between Mich and BS - There have been a couple split garages before in GP so nothing new... You had a good year Casey!! Love the new scarf ->
http://www.lelands.com/App_Themes/Im...ing/38137f.jpg

post #20 of 21 Old 11-14-2007, 05:51 AM
I am BATMAN!!!

Awards Showcase
Outstanding Restoration Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 3

Little blurb on why it might not be the best move for Rossi

Here: http://motorcycledaily.com/13november07_rossi.htm

"He was a wise man who invented Beer"--Plato
post #21 of 21 Old 11-14-2007, 06:29 AM

Yeah I think he shoul dhave gave Mich one more year to get this 800cc thing down...and the M1 needs some more ballz...we will see....but I still am a Rossi Fan hell the whole family is...so wether it is 1st or last he is still the man to me!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode