Rossi starting to play mind games... - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 12 Old 02-16-2006, 08:06 AM Thread Starter

Awards Showcase
Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 2

Rossi starting to play mind games...

This is from the last day of the Sepang Test...

Quote:
Now we're close to the start of the season and it's already becoming clear who the main challengers will be; Melandri and Pedrosa especially are looking very fast and it also seems like Ducati are strong. I think it's going to be a very exciting year with some wonderful races!"
Not one mentioned of my boy Nicky in here? Well, that'll show him.

I know that Nicky's been having to test the Prototype as the HRC top dog and while this is good, it might not be as good for his self steem.

I am hoping pedros can get to the end of the race w/o suffering from exhaustion.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 02-19-2006, 09:11 AM

Yeah, mind games. There is a lot of blowing smoke in that statement.

It would be nice if Nicky could get it together this year. He's already show that he CAN beat Rossi. The USGP proved to me that it's all mental and boils down to confidence on the bike / track.

Scary thing is, now Rossi has raced Laguna Seca and learned a lot more about it at race pace. Could be trouble for Nicky.

post #3 of 12 Old 02-19-2006, 10:29 AM

Yeah but is someone else playing mind games with Rossi and Ferrari. Nice little article from Speedtv.com

Reigning Formula 1 champion Fernando Alonso didn't sound like Valentino Rossi's biggest fan at a news conference in Madrid yesterday, when the Spaniard revealed the MotoGP star would have a "very difficult" time if he indeed chooses to switch to four wheels.

Rossi has been testing with Ferrari occasionally since 2004, but had his first group outing with the Scuderia two weeks ago in Valencia, where he managed to outpace some F1 regulars although aboard a V10-powered F2004.

"I'm glad that Rossi has tested with Ferrari because that means they have lost valuable time preparing the cars for the show they put on," Alonso said.

"Until we see him race we won't know his true potential, but it will be very difficult for him. He might finish fifth or even get on the podium some time, but I could do the same on the bikes if I was given a bit of time to practice."

The five-time MotoGP champion is tipped as possible Ferrari race driver for '07, as both Michael Schumacher and Felipe Massa's current deals with the Scuderia expire by this season's end.

"Let him come and drive [in F1] - it will be good because there will be more media attention," concluded Alonso.

post #4 of 12 Old 02-19-2006, 11:45 AM
BANNED!

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 3

I usually didnt mind seeing Rossi win, because he rides so flat out...

This year... I hope he crashes every race!

I think he has screwed with soooo many guys on the grid, they are all out to get him...

Hopefully 1 takes the lead!

I LOVE Tig Bitties!
post #5 of 12 Old 02-19-2006, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clos79
Yeah but is someone else playing mind games with Rossi and Ferrari. Nice little article from Speedtv.com

Reigning Formula 1 champion Fernando Alonso didn't sound like Valentino Rossi's biggest fan at a news conference in Madrid yesterday, when the Spaniard revealed the MotoGP star would have a "very difficult" time if he indeed chooses to switch to four wheels.
I'm sure the 250 guys thought he'd have a tough time from 125s.
I'm sure the 500 guys thought he'd have a tough time from 250s.
I'm sure some thought since he'd never ridden 4 strokes that he'd have a tough time with heroes like Edwards and Hayden.

The guy takes one year to crash, then wins the championship the next year. Pretty damn incredible. Since winning his 1st MotoGP Championship, he's won every single one. Even when switching to a bike that was deemed "less competitive". That guy has talent, vision, and BALLS. Put that with a fast machine and I wouldn't bet against him. ... on his second year of course.

post #6 of 12 Old 02-22-2006, 04:35 PM
droid

the thing that held back mike the bike hailwood is that he wouldn't slide the car. surtees overcame that before him (in a ferrari interestingly). There may be something similar going on with rossi...again, we won't know until he's in a race or in equivalent equipment

post #7 of 12 Old 02-23-2006, 09:30 PM

Sete will WIN!!

post #8 of 12 Old 02-24-2006, 02:15 PM

Well have to say I am a huge Rossi fan so ....keep on going Vale!!! I have read several of his books and will say it is pretty amazing what he has all done and his background

post #9 of 12 Old 02-24-2006, 02:17 PM
BANNED!

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 3

I dont want to hear any 'good background' on Rossi until Hayden wins a Championship....

I cant be swayed into his corner when I am fully behind the Kentucky Hick... I mean Kid!

Go Nicky!

I LOVE Tig Bitties!
post #10 of 12 Old 02-24-2006, 08:28 PM Thread Starter

Awards Showcase

Pay no mind to the Nicky Haters Midwest... he'll show them this year, mark my words all ya haters!

post #11 of 12 Old 02-26-2006, 11:07 AM

Hey now RC and Midwest..never said I was a Nicky Hater...I like him as well and always hope he finishes well, I am also a Marco Melandri fan as well....
I just love the races!!
Just an FYI I do not know if this is old news to the site here but..

Rossi is now sponsored by Camel..Gaulloises pulled out based on a conflict of interest from Malboro Ferrari F1 ( Rossi's next Venture) Malboro and Camel are owned by the same comapny so looking like Rossi will be off in 07 to F1...

GO Vale..Nickey, Marco and Loris

post #12 of 12 Old 02-26-2006, 11:55 AM Thread Starter

Awards Showcase

I thought that Marlboro was owned by Phillip Morris and Camel was owned by R.J. Reynolds... isn't that so or they have merged in the last few years? Or maybe a Japanese Co. has bought them both and I don't know that!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode