Rossi puts pressure on Yamaha - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 6 Old 10-10-2007, 10:33 AM Thread Starter
Site Founder

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Extraordinary Ride Trackday Recognition Extraordinary Ride 
Total Awards: 6

Rossi puts pressure on Yamaha

Rossi puts pressure on Yamaha

By Michele Lostia and Glenn Freeman Wednesday, October 3rd 2007, 14:30 GMT
Valentino Rossi says that he will consider his options for the future if he does not see a greater effort from Yamaha.
The Italian, who won five straight titles in the top class of MotoGP from 2001-2005, has missed out on the title for the past two years, and he believes that the Japanese side of the squad must take a lot of responsibility for the team's problems.
"If we want to win the title again, then we need the people in Japan to put in more effort," Rossi told Italian magazine Motosprint. "They must work their butts off.
"For 2008 I have a contract with them. If they show me we can still fight, fine. Otherwise we could make a different choice."
Rossi admits that he is disappointed with how slowly this year's bike has been developed, and he has urged Yamaha's bosses in Japan to be more aggressive in the future.
"We need to stop suffering from the slowness of a big manufacturer," he said. "We need to be more aggressive and more courageous in the decisions and the development of the bike.
"This is what we have lacked this year. We had a big disadvantage at the beginning of the season, and it's not as if we improved so much in the engine. Besides, every time we do something new it breaks down."
Rossi says that the Yamaha management in Japan who are not directly involved in the team may be disappointed that he has not repeated the championship successes that he had in his first two years with the manufacturer, but he feels that the extra performance must come from the manufacturer.
"I don't know what the people outside the team thought of our results," he said. "They expect a lot from me, so another second place, after having won the first two years, may be a disappointment.
"But at this point it's up to them to demonstrate something to me. Now they too must put some more into it."

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/62962

"No More Words
You're talking and it all sounds fair
You promise your love, how much you care
I'm still listening and still unsure
Your actions are lacking, nothing is clear
No more words
You're telling me you love me while you're looking away
No more words, no more words
And no more promises of love"

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 10-10-2007, 01:06 PM
BANNED!

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 3

Good for Rossi....

I LOVE Tig Bitties!
post #3 of 6 Old 10-10-2007, 01:31 PM

Awards Showcase
Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 2

Good for the Championship as well, this way, when he looses next year, he'll have no excuses...

post #4 of 6 Old 10-10-2007, 06:59 PM
Two Wheeled Warlord

It's the Yamaha disease, happens all the time. They get a couple fat years and then start to slash the race budgets. Rainey has gone on record about this issue.

post #5 of 6 Old 10-10-2007, 08:06 PM
Power 2 the pedal

Awards Showcase
Extraordinary Ride Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 6

Spec tire...

post #6 of 6 Old 10-10-2007, 11:00 PM
Corner speed sets u free

Garage

Awards Showcase
Trackday Recognition Donation Veteran 
Total Awards: 3

I'm suprised he didn't mention tire issues as well. Guess the bike was in worse shape than i thought. You know Rossi, he addresses issues in order of priority.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode