Places to stay near Barber. - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 12 Old 06-12-2006, 06:48 AM Thread Starter
Power 2 the pedal

Awards Showcase
Extraordinary Ride Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 6

Places to stay near Barber.

For those that have been to, or live near Barber, where are some good places to stay? What should I do with my bike when we are away from the track? This will be my first track day where I can't go home and sleep. I am unsure about leaving my bike at the track, but some of you may be able to relieve me of this. We do not have an enclosed trailer, so that is the problem. I thought about camping at the track, and sending the women-folk to go civilized in a hotel, but I don't know about their camping facilities, showers, electricity, etc... Thanks to those that can help.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 06-12-2006, 06:55 AM

Hey ridge, there's a motel right there at the exit(#140) that was a decent place to stay. I don't remember the name of the place but it's just past Rex Lake Rd. (143) on the left.

As far as camping, their facilities are top notch. Nice showers and bathrooms. I'm not sure about camping accomidations though. I've never camped there.

post #3 of 12 Old 06-12-2006, 07:21 AM
Milites Gregarius

Yea there's a decent motel on the same exit as the track... best inn I think. I don't think you have to worry about your bike too much there, it's well lit and you could park in the back where nobody could see it from the road. I'll let you keep your bike in my garage if you're worried about it, but I got nowhere for you to sleep... sorry.

When's your track day? I'm going to the Talladega GP track on 7/9... first time on the track.

post #4 of 12 Old 06-12-2006, 07:43 AM
Milites Gregarius

There are also several good hotels at exit 144 just a few miles up from Barber's. That's where all the chain eating establishements are too.

post #5 of 12 Old 06-12-2006, 07:45 AM
Fool in the Rain

Garage

Awards Showcase
Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Extraordinary Ride Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by amchev
There are also several good hotels at exit 144 just a few miles up from Barber's. That's where all the chain eating establishements are too.
Now, who wants to eat a chain?

"Towards the end of the vid, it looks like she may have had a bafflectomy." - MarylandMike
post #6 of 12 Old 06-12-2006, 07:46 AM Thread Starter
Power 2 the pedal

Awards Showcase
Extraordinary Ride Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 

Thanks for all the suggestions. I will be there with NESBA on June 24th & 25th. We are trailering down on the 23rd, and heading home on the 26th to get in some of the museum.

post #7 of 12 Old 06-12-2006, 11:14 AM

The showers in the paddock are nice, don't know about otherwise.

We stayed here: http://www.studioplus.com/minisite/?...=1&hotelID=409 when we went to the races. Nice rooms and not far from the track.

A lot of racers stay here: http://marriott.com/property/propertypage/BHMMC

Enjoy your track day!

post #8 of 12 Old 06-12-2006, 11:35 AM
Milites Gregarius

Quote:
Originally Posted by angela155
The showers in the paddock are nice, don't know about otherwise.

We stayed here: http://www.studioplus.com/minisite/?...=1&hotelID=409 when we went to the races. Nice rooms and not far from the track.

A lot of racers stay here: http://marriott.com/property/propertypage/BHMMC

Enjoy your track day!
There's a lot of cheaper places than the Marriott that are closer to the track though... depends on what you want I guess.

post #9 of 12 Old 06-12-2006, 11:42 AM Thread Starter
Power 2 the pedal

Awards Showcase

Yeah, I'm not looking for expensive, or even posh. As long as it has a relatively comfortable bed, and shower, everything else is frill. All the "good money" goes for the bike and trackday.

post #10 of 12 Old 06-12-2006, 12:08 PM
Milites Gregarius

Quote:
Originally Posted by 600RidgeRunner
Yeah, I'm not looking for expensive, or even posh. As long as it has a relatively comfortable bed, and shower, everything else is frill. All the "good money" goes for the bike and trackday.
America's Best, no more than 2 miles from the track.

http://www.bestvalueinn.com/bestv.cfm?idp=904

Not sure on the pricing though, about 4 miles up the interstate in Moody there is Days Inn, Comfort Inn, and I think a new Holiday Inn Express. Leeds/Moody are outside birmingham and typical interstate type places (not much there once you get a mile from the interstate). Inverness/280 is a traffic nightmare most of the time as it's part of Birmingham and it's a good bit farther from the track than the others.

post #11 of 12 Old 06-12-2006, 12:18 PM Thread Starter
Power 2 the pedal

Awards Showcase

Thanks for the link, but....

Americas Best Value Inn - Leeds
1093 Higrove Parkway
Leeds, AL US 35094
Phone: 205-702-2700

Select a Plan
There are no plans available for the selected dates.

post #12 of 12 Old 06-12-2006, 05:07 PM
Living the dream

Bike will probably be safer at the track then the hotel IMO.

Track showers are nice. Not sure about camping for track day. We had an RV and were in the paddock for the race in 05. You doing just a tent I would guess?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode