No repeat this season. - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 7 Old 06-04-2007, 06:47 PM Thread Starter
Alaska bound

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation Extraordinary Ride 
Total Awards: 3

No repeat this season.

I guess we won't be seeing this again this year...

I took this pic last year from the stands in Valencia, Nicky was doing his victory lap after winning the title.

Nicky wins title

I was looking through my photos on photobucket and found one of my sorry ass on the same trip. Here I am hiding out from the rain in the Alhambra in Granada Spain. The rain in spain falls mainly on me

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 06-04-2007, 07:31 PM
Two Wheeled Warlord

Well I'd guess they're now pouring wads of cash right into the tank now to try and sort these so let's not write him off yet. It is a bit bleak right now.

post #3 of 7 Old 06-06-2007, 12:21 PM Thread Starter
Alaska bound

Awards Showcase

I'm not counting him out just yet, anything can happen, but it is apparent that even Rossi is stuggling against the Ducati of Stoner. It would take a lot to come back from as far behind as he is now.

post #4 of 7 Old 06-06-2007, 02:38 PM
Aquilifer

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation Veteran 

Personally, I'm pulling for him, but I think the best that we can hope for is for him to get that bike sorted out and maybe make the race for the championship interesting at the end of the season by winning a few races. Maybe knock ol' Pedrosa out of contention and let Rossi and Stoner fight it out. 'Course, this is coming from the guy that is fourth to last in the pool...

-Joe
post #5 of 7 Old 06-06-2007, 04:13 PM

Awards Showcase
Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 2

It would take for the others to DNF a bunch of races before we see young Hayden winning the title this year but all I want is for him to come to grips with the bikes and be a contender again... Hell top 5 at every race would be a treat at this point!

post #6 of 7 Old 06-11-2007, 01:32 PM Thread Starter
Alaska bound

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC90 View Post
It would take for the others to DNF a bunch of races before we see young Hayden winning the title this year but all I want is for him to come to grips with the bikes and be a contender again... Hell top 5 at every race would be a treat at this point!
Yep, it would be nice to at least see him in the front group fighting for at least a podium. Even if he doesn't get a top 3 finish, he could at least make it interesting. I figured Pedrosa would be on top this year since they switched to pocket sized bikes, but then Ducati goes and throws a wrench into the works.

post #7 of 7 Old 06-11-2007, 01:38 PM

Awards Showcase
Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by fehren2800 View Post
Yep, it would be nice to at least see him in the front group fighting for at least a podium. Even if he doesn't get a top 3 finish, he could at least make it interesting. I figured Pedrosa would be on top this year since they switched to pocket sized bikes, but then Ducati goes and throws a wrench into the works.
I think that Honda did themselves in this year making that bike around Pedrosa; , yeah when his got the setup almost right, he's there fighting for a podium but he is not consistant and is the only one capable of riding that miniature lego of a bike... the other guys are all struggling in one form or another.

I am saddened by this for all of them and for us racing fans... hell, to see the Suzukis up front and doing so well but No Hondas is just sad (Pedrosa's bike doesn't count! )

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode