Nicky - Please Prove me & Chunky Wrong - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 28 Old 10-08-2008, 09:16 AM Thread Starter
The "Eagle" Has Landed

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 3

Nicky - Please Prove me & Chunky Wrong

So... Nicky has been on the podium twice now. Beaten narrowly by Rossi due to tyres.

The man earns and deserves my applause. I hope it is a sign of things to come. I hope he proves my theory wrong that he lost his passion for the sport.... and I hope we see him wheeling the Ducky across the finish - consistently on the podium in 2009.

Good Luck Nicky.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 Old 10-08-2008, 09:25 AM

Awards Showcase
Donation BOTM 
Total Awards: 2

I cant wait to see how winter testing goes for Nicky !

Go Nicky !

post #3 of 28 Old 10-08-2008, 10:18 AM
NC Sasquatch

Awards Showcase
Trackday Recognition Veteran 

I think next year we will see 4 guys with a mathematical shot at the title in the last race

maybe the same scenario in WSBK.

I can hope anyway.

GO NICKY !!!

post #4 of 28 Old 10-08-2008, 02:17 PM

Awards Showcase
Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIM-RC51 View Post
So... Nicky has been on the podium twice now. Beaten narrowly by Rossi due to tyres.

The man earns and deserves my applause. I hope it is a sign of things to come. I hope he proves my theory wrong that he lost his passion for the sport.... and I hope we see him wheeling the Ducky across the finish - consistently on the podium in 2009.

Good Luck Nicky.
Oh sure, you fair-weather-fan, now you want in, right?... NEVER!!! :LOL:

post #5 of 28 Old 10-08-2008, 07:43 PM

You know, until this year I wasn't really a Nicky fan but after what he's gone through this year and the way he's come across in interviews I've gained a lot of respect for him. The results that he's having late in the season definitely prove that he's still got the skills. I really hope he kicks some Pedrosass on the Ducati next year.

post #6 of 28 Old 10-10-2008, 08:42 PM
BANNED!

Awards Showcase

I LOVE YOU WIMMY!

Go Nicky....

NicKy has always been brutaly honest and truthful in his interviews. Funny actually at times...

I LOVE Tig Bitties!
post #7 of 28 Old 10-12-2008, 05:50 PM Thread Starter
The "Eagle" Has Landed

Awards Showcase

As I have always said, I think the Nickster is a great guy. I hope it is the sign of things to come for him.

I still won't hug you Mid, but yeah.... I got brotherly luv for ya.... go to RC90 for the hug. Just be careful, he is in heat!

post #8 of 28 Old 10-13-2008, 08:08 PM
BANNED!

Awards Showcase

WIM - Someday soon we will meet again and raise a toast for Nicky...

Indy 09? Comon - Veloce needs a booth there dude!

I LOVE Tig Bitties!
post #9 of 28 Old 10-14-2008, 07:59 AM

Awards Showcase

Have you guys read the interview with Alberto Puig where he stomps on Nicky? Poor sportmanship on AP's part but I would not expect anything else from him.

Anyways, Nicky fired back but as always, he did so as an embassador of the sport and a gentleman, all he said was... I want to Thank Honda for all they have given me in the latter part of the season after I told the media I was moving to Ducati, it would have been easier for them to lock me out and not help!

Great for you kid!

post #10 of 28 Old 10-15-2008, 10:47 AM
BANNED!

Awards Showcase

Classy! I wouldnt even say that was firing back! MAYBE the underlying theme there is "WTF is that Dude talking about? I WAXED Danni since the tire change..."

Yeah... maybe thats what he really meant.

Not that he would.... but I am just saying.... imagine.... If Nicky said OK enough is enough with this little Spanish twinkie dick... and decided to pummell him. Imagine the carnage! God I would love to see that. Hear the ghei whimpers he would expell as Nicky hit him.... Ahhhhh Lifes simple pleasures!

I LOVE Tig Bitties!
post #11 of 28 Old 10-15-2008, 11:05 AM
C'est la vie

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 

I actually think Honda stepped up their support of Nicky for these last couple races to put Dani in his place. If you hadn't noticed, Dani had been on a more up to date bike than Nicky even when Nicky got the pneumatic engine. It could be a coincidence, but the first race after Dani's switch to Bridgestone Nicky had the same non bow-tie intake bike that Dani had been on and was instantly back up there in the time sheets. The championship was already over for Dani so I'd like to think it was Honda's way of saying we're the ones in control here.

post #12 of 28 Old 10-15-2008, 11:27 AM Thread Starter
The "Eagle" Has Landed

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC90 View Post
Have you guys read the interview with Alberto Puig where he stomps on Nicky? Poor sportmanship on AP's part but I would not expect anything else from him.

Anyways, Nicky fired back but as always, he did so as an embassador of the sport and a gentleman, all he said was... I want to Thank Honda for all they have given me in the latter part of the season after I told the media I was moving to Ducati, it would have been easier for them to lock me out and not help!

Great for you kid!
Nicky has always been a classy guy. Sometimes, I think organizations like Honda might have taken him for granted and taken advantage of that side of him. Nicky could have left Honda much sooner, but due to a sense of loyal for all what Honda had done for him, he stayed. As I said, I always considered Nicky a stand up guy... and he is.

This is part of why I am delighted he is not just going to a new team, but to a team that nurtures passion in a rider. We need the old Nicky back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwest View Post
Classy! I wouldnt even say that was firing back! MAYBE the underlying theme there is "WTF is that Dude talking about? I WAXED Danni since the tire change..."

Yeah... maybe thats what he really meant.

Not that he would.... but I am just saying.... imagine.... If Nicky said OK enough is enough with this little Spanish twinkie dick... and decided to pummell him. Imagine the carnage! God I would love to see that. Hear the ghei whimpers he would expell as Nicky hit him.... Ahhhhh Lifes simple pleasures!
Honestly, I think it is rare to catch Nicky say anything disparaging about another rider. There are times he looses his temper - like when A*Hole Turdrosa crashed him out of a race. I wish him the best of luck, I am looking forward to seeing what he can do with the new Ducky. I think we can expect to see a combination of Rossi, Stoner, and Hayden on podium next season!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMulford View Post
I actually think Honda stepped up their support of Nicky for these last couple races to put Dani in his place. If you hadn't noticed, Dani had been on a more up to date bike than Nicky even when Nicky got the pneumatic engine. It could be a coincidence, but the first race after Dani's switch to Bridgestone Nicky had the same non bow-tie intake bike that Dani had been on and was instantly back up there in the time sheets. The championship was already over for Dani so I'd like to think it was Honda's way of saying we're the ones in control here.
You know what, I still think Honda is full of sh*t! What is the point in stepping up support after you dissed the guy for so long. They always play bull**** politics. They did it to Rossi, Edwards and now Nicky. And.... I they will do it to Turdrosa too. You appoint the little Turd as number one rider just after Nicky wins you a championship (No matter how he did it), and now that he is leaving you think, "Oh well, let's see what he can actually do with a good / better bike." I still think Nicky lost some of the fire in his belly, and I can understand why that would happen after all the nonsense. But... he would still have done better with a first rate bike.

Wim Out! Saki Time!

post #13 of 28 Old 10-15-2008, 11:28 AM
BANNED!

Awards Showcase

Good catch! SAD - yet probably true!

I LOVE Tig Bitties!
post #14 of 28 Old 10-15-2008, 02:39 PM

Awards Showcase

I fear for Dovizioso next year as Puig & Company will do whatever it takes to put him down. Now being a Honda fan, I would wish nothing short of Dovi kicking Dani's ass the firts couple of races to see if is true that Honda gives priority to the rider that is on top.

On the other hand, I already know that Dovi will not have the same bike that Dani will but still, I think he truly is a better rider than Dani since he doesn't need a perfect bike to go fast on it, whereas Dani on the other hand, will win but a handfull and I don't believe he will ever will a Championship... competition is to stiff and Honda does not hold all the cards as they did before.

post #15 of 28 Old 10-15-2008, 03:28 PM
BANNED!

Awards Showcase

Honda - Its all about the bike

While this mentaility maybe true in say F1 where a superior car CAN win you races and a poor driver can loose one. In MotoGP and bikes in general - a bike is only a part of the equation. The rider/bike together is a combination that must be figured out. Until Honda admits it to themselves... I don't see it happening.

I LOVE Tig Bitties!
post #16 of 28 Old 10-15-2008, 03:31 PM Thread Starter
The "Eagle" Has Landed

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwest View Post
Honda - Its all about the bike

While this mentaility maybe true in say F1 where a superior car CAN win you races and a poor driver can loose one. In MotoGP and bikes in general - a bike is only a part of the equation. The rider/bike together is a combination that must be figured out. Until Honda admits it to themselves... I don't see it happening.
You make a compelling point there. Ducati proved this and so did Yamaha.

post #17 of 28 Old 10-20-2008, 07:58 AM Thread Starter
The "Eagle" Has Landed

Awards Showcase

Sorry Nicky

It's funny in a way. It seems that now that Nicky knows he is leaving, his fire is alive again. I still think either the bike is letting him down a little, he is not 100% confident on the bike... or something. I felt there were a couple of times he pulled back for safety reasons. Understandably, you don't just pass another rider like they are standing still.... but it seemed the other guy had better handling than his bike.

He put up a great fight at the last race for 3rd, and it would have been nice to see him on the podium. I hope it is a sign of things to come - I look forward to seeing him and Stoner duke it out neck year.

Rossi on the other hand proved yet again why he reigns supreme. You can't fault the guy no matter what you think. I noticed some interesting things that set him apart. During the broadcast, they showed the braking of Rossi and Turdrosa. If you noticed, Rossi very rarely, if ever brakes into turns... he just downshifts or idles it through.

To me, it now only shows his riding ability, but also his guts. The guy is closing up on the rear wheel of the rider in front and he just lets the bike go.

Anyway..... great race. Bring on the new season.

post #18 of 28 Old 10-20-2008, 10:09 AM

Awards Showcase

Quote:
It's funny in a way. It seems that now that Nicky knows he is leaving, his fire is alive again. I still think either the bike is letting him down a little, he is not 100% confident on the bike... or something. I felt there were a couple of times he pulled back for safety reasons. Understandably, you don't just pass another rider like they are standing still.... but it seemed the other guy had better handling than his bike.

He stated that they had a hard time with settings all weekend, he also stated that they had changed something overnight and they went backwards on the warmup practice so they kinda gambled for the race. As far as having the fire, it sure appears that way but it seems to be because HRC or Yakamo has set him free and he even stated that a few HRC guys at the paddock have apologized to him for PUIG's mess. What does all this mean? perhaps that they have allowed him to set up the bike how he wants it and not how HRC engineers think he should?

He put up a great fight at the last race for 3rd, and it would have been nice to see him on the podium. I hope it is a sign of things to come - I look forward to seeing him and Stoner duke it out neck year.

This is going to be good, although, he did say that Valencia was not a good track to do testing, he likes the track and said that he will quickly know whether he made a good jump to ducati or not in that test... I'm keeping my fingers crossed, that's for sure.

Rossi on the other hand proved yet again why he reigns supreme. You can't fault the guy no matter what you think. I noticed some interesting things that set him apart. During the broadcast, they showed the braking of Rossi and Turdrosa. If you noticed, Rossi very rarely, if ever brakes into turns... he just downshifts or idles it through.

Hmmm, the brodcasters said Rossi's telemetry could be faulty as, as much he has a raw talent, you just don't come from 160mph (or more) to -/+ 60mph by downshifting! It did look funny to watch it though.

To me, it now only shows his riding ability, but also his guts. The guy is closing up on the rear wheel of the rider in front and he just lets the bike go.

Anyway..... great race. Bring on the new season.
I will say one thing here and you heard it here first:

Turdosa will not Win a World Championship on MotoGP while Rossi, Stoner, Lorenzo, Dovizioso or Nicky are there and NOT with Honda anyways

Beat that Bietches!!!

post #19 of 28 Old 10-20-2008, 10:15 AM Thread Starter
The "Eagle" Has Landed

Awards Showcase

Quote:
I will say one thing here and you heard it here first:

Turdosa will not Win a World Championship on MotoGP while Rossi, Stoner, Lorenzo, Dovizioso or Nicky are there and NOT with Honda anyways

Beat that Bietches!!!
Thanks for the clarification on the braking... I certainly hope that Nicky finds out it was the right choice for him. He needs to cut ties with Honda and move on. Rossi moved on as well, and it paid off greatly for him.

Watching Nicky duke it out this weekend brought back memories of Nicky of the old days. Late braking, backing the bike in... showing his raw talent. It was fun to watch.

Well... let's get on with the new season.

post #20 of 28 Old 10-27-2008, 10:44 AM Thread Starter
The "Eagle" Has Landed

Awards Showcase

Thanks For Coming... Season is over

As I sat there sipping on my pint of Guinness and burping for the umpteenth time, I could not help but feel a sense of excitement about next year's season.

It would be fun to see Nicky and Casey Wheeling the 2009 Desmosidici's across the finish line at MotoGP races. Maybe Valentino will join them again? It will be more thrilling to watch Turdrosa the Midget Racer have to change the number plate on his bike to.... umm... something like 21? Now that would be a nice number for him.

As I anguished that my pint was empty and started strategizing how to get to the bar, get a refill and be back in my seat in the time allowed for a commercial.... I could not help but wonder what the little Spanish pri*&$... opps... I mean Turd would do now? Would he have the guts to change the number plate to #3 now?

Anyway... all in all, it was a good race. Nicky's pace and ride showed me the Kentucky Kid had re-ignited his fire and now we just need to find him the right bike. I hope he gets along well with my ex-girlfriend, Desmo. I think it will be a fantastic site to see him sliding the Ducky backwards into turns. It will be almost like watching him on the RC again. This last race, I saw that Stoner was again able to ride the Ducky to the ragged edge with tires squealing, ass sliding and neck bucking all over the place. I believe our young Mr. Hayden maybe one of the riders who will be able to handle the monstress that is call Desmosidici. Afterall, he is from Kentucy ain't he?

post #21 of 28 Old 10-27-2008, 10:47 AM
NC Sasquatch

Awards Showcase
Trackday Recognition Veteran 

Ducati

post #22 of 28 Old 10-27-2008, 10:55 AM Thread Starter
The "Eagle" Has Landed

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelguy View Post
Ducati

Is that an actual picture or photoshop? Either way, I don't care! That looks awesome! If I was ghei like RC90 and Midwest, I would so make out with Nicky!

post #23 of 28 Old 10-27-2008, 03:06 PM

Awards Showcase

They didn't show the "Chapter 2" decals on the bike. I am sure he was taking it easy today and even though he was 14th place and about 2 secs slower than Stoner's time, he was ahead of Melandri's time and that most account for something on a brand new bike, brand new team and brand new tires or do we not agree?

To bad there is no videos as of yet and I refuse to pay motogp just to be able to watch those... I'll wait for youtube.

The only good news about this is that stoner was first with a very good time so it means that the ducky is heading in the right direction with the new frame and motor for 09.

Oh and and WIM, thread lightly, you're are still not a full member of the Nicky Fan Club... you're under scrutiny at the moment!

post #24 of 28 Old 10-27-2008, 03:15 PM Thread Starter
The "Eagle" Has Landed

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelguy View Post
Ducati

Quote:
They didn't show the "Chapter 2" decals on the bike. I am sure he was taking it easy today and even though he was 14th place and about 2 secs slower than Stoner's time, he was ahead of Melandri's time and that most account for something on a brand new bike, brand new team and brand new tires or do we not agree?

To bad there is no videos as of yet and I refuse to pay motogp just to be able to watch those... I'll wait for youtube.

The only good news about this is that stoner was first with a very good time so it means that the ducky is heading in the right direction with the new frame and motor for 09.

Oh and and WIM, thread lightly, you're are still not a full member of the Nicky Fan Club... you're under scrutiny at the moment!
You are mistaking me for the the spy from Turdrosa's camp - that is CBRXX. I was always a Nicky supporter, I just pointed out he lost his edge for a while there. Again, I really think this will be a big season for Nicky. He has the equipment, the team, the bike, the team mate.... he has all he needs. All he has to do now is stick his middle finger in the air to Honda and kicks their butts!

post #25 of 28 Old 10-27-2008, 03:29 PM
Chuck Norris has lost in battle with this Member

Awards Showcase
Extraordinary Ride Donation Community Leadership Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 6

I've always praised his talent! He's a natural and absolutely incredible on 2-wheels. As I stated, he lost this focus for a while. Hopefully the kid has it back!

post #26 of 28 Old 10-27-2008, 04:39 PM
Legatus Legionis

Awards Showcase
Community Leadership Donation Donation Community Leadership 
Total Awards: 6

Go Nicky!!!

post #27 of 28 Old 10-27-2008, 04:53 PM

Awards Showcase

Quote:
You are mistaking me for the the spy from Turdrosa's camp - that is CBRXX. I was always a Nicky supporter, I just pointed out he lost his edge for a while there. Again, I really think this will be a big season for Nicky. He has the equipment, the team, the bike, the team mate.... he has all he needs. All he has to do now is stick his middle finger in the air to Honda and kicks their butts!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC51_CBRXX View Post
I've always praised his talent! He's a natural and absolutely incredible on 2-wheels. As I stated, he lost this focus for a while. Hopefully the kid has it back!
Buncha FAIRWEATHER fans...

post #28 of 28 Old 01-13-2009, 12:36 PM

Awards Showcase
Donation BOTM 

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode