Nicky Hayden's Future - Wrist Twisters
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By LDH

post #1 of 7 Old 09-27-2015, 07:36 AM Thread Starter
Tirone

Nicky Hayden's Future

It breaks my heart to see Nick Hayden running around on that POS bike. He deserves so much better than this.

Where will he end up next year?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 10-12-2015, 06:23 PM Thread Starter
Tirone

Well, in an act of self expression, I'm happy to hear about the WSB Honda move. From a team and factory support standpoint I think that it is a good move for him.

Just hope that Honda/American Honda provides real support to the bike to make it as competitive as possible.

Last but not least, I very glad to see him get off the Pile of Sh__ that he's had to ride the past 2 years. Hard to believe that Honda claimed that thing (with Stoner riding) was within a tenth or two of the factory bike during development. The POS was barely capable of getting within 2 seconds of the top factory bikes during each qualifying session during the past 2 years. I feel that Stoner is one of the best riders to ever ride a MotoGP bike, but I have a hard time believing that he is THAT good!

Anyway, congrats to Nicky! I hope that better things are in your future!

post #3 of 7 Old 10-12-2015, 08:08 PM
...is a Nihonjin.

I hope he'll be faster than vdm.

I think wsbk is a good series, would love to see Nicky hang around for 4-5 years.

post #4 of 7 Old 10-13-2015, 10:53 AM
LDH
Test Rider

Awards Showcase
Trackday Recognition Referral Award 
Total Awards: 2

He's going to do absolutely nothing. The Honda is a turd and it is only going to get worse as the FIM regs clamp down even further on Homologation rules the Honda will continue to fall further and further behind.

Nicky is awesome, but he's not competitive at the world level with the incredible amount of talent that is there nowadays especially in WSBK and nobody cares about Nicky beating a bunch of 750s on a 1000cc V-twin with more money thrown at it than most of our houses over a decade ago... I have a ton of respect for the guy. He's got more talent in his pinky finger than I have in my entire body in 10 lifetimes, but I am a realist. I just look at things for what they really are. He spent 4 years on the best MotoGP bike in the paddock before he lucked into a MotoGP Championship with a mere 2 wins and then spent 2 more years on arguably the best factory team in the paddock and produced very lackluster results even worse than his rookie year. The bottom line is if he had better results then he would have better rides period.

In 2006 it was more a matter of the other guys losing the championship than Nicky winning it. You can say that his consistency paid off, but that is not what race fans want to see and that is not what team owners want to see. That's the shit they say to the camera's, but the truth is they want big glamorous wins on TV so they can get more sponsorship dollars. Everyone's wants to see race wins and a fight for the podium. They want their champions to kick everyone's ass over & over again.

Rossi has 6 MotoGP championship he won those championships with a minimum of 9 wins in a season and most of them were 11 wins!

Stoner has 2 MotoGP Championships he had 10 wins EACH season to win those championships

Lorenzo has 2 MotoGP Championships one season was 9 wins the next was 6 and even that was ok because he gave up the other wins to a tooth and nail 3 way fight with Stoner & Pedrosa.

The point is 9+ wins in a season is how the elite guys at the top of the sport win championships against the best guys in the world.

2 wins in a season is more like how you win a club racing championship with your consistency because you managed to get off work early every Friday so you can make it to every single round during the season.

Being a fan favorite doesn't cut it anymore. Long gone are the days of the teams keeping a rider around and paying him millions of dollars just because the fans like him. That shit ended with the recession. You have to be able to bring something to the table if you expect to get paid now as a professional racer and believe it or not a lot of pro racers at the world level even in MotoGP are subsidizing their own racing. They are paying the team to be able to ride (same in MotoAmerica I might add). American Honda picked up the tab for Hayden the last couple years.
jmdavis984 likes this.

post #5 of 7 Old 10-13-2015, 11:29 AM
McTavish

As great a guy as Hayden is, he's not one of The Aliens.

post #6 of 7 Old 10-13-2015, 12:21 PM
...is a Nihonjin.

Yeah, no one is arguing that. Sometimes I wondered if they kept him on bc US has no one else. I'll be watching wsbk more religiously next yr.

post #7 of 7 Old 10-24-2015, 08:25 AM Thread Starter
Tirone

I agree with everything that has been here. It just seems that Honda has kind of dumped on him over the years. Even though he has only a handful of wins, he was a consistent front runner. I remember that Superbikeplanet reported that the Great Rossi was using Hayden's setups in the final year of his time with Ducati.

The year after Hayden won the MotoGP championship he was rewarded with a bike that was designed for Pedrosa. How many championships has he won??How does he manage to stay on that bike?

In the past couple of years, he has consistently been the top "open" rider. The big knock has been his injuries. I still feel that he could run with the lead group in MotoGP given the right bike.

He has been faithful over the years, I just feel that he deserves a good ride. World Superbike is a good series in which lap times are close and most of the brands that race in the series have a chance. The bike that he will ride will be close to a factory effort. He will need to take full advantage of this opportunity.

Top level racing is a "what have you done for me lately" sport.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode