New for real legal Buell 1125 - - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 26 Old 07-15-2009, 12:12 PM Thread Starter

Awards Showcase
Donation BOTM 
Total Awards: 2

New for real legal Buell 1125 -

Now avaible the Buell 1125RR - looks sweet ! Lets see if it can do anything now - sigh -

http://www.buell.com/en_us/company/n...p?news_id=1459

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 Old 07-15-2009, 12:23 PM
Legalize it please?

You could buy 2 of those new 1000cc 195hp BMW's and still have money left over for speeding tickets for the price of one of those bad girls!

2007 CB900f- sold
2009 K1300s- rockin out
post #3 of 26 Old 07-15-2009, 12:26 PM
Pilus Posterior

Awards Showcase
Donation Outstanding Restoration Outstanding Restoration Outstanding Restoration 
Total Awards: 5

are they still racing those against 600s?

post #4 of 26 Old 07-15-2009, 12:34 PM Thread Starter

Awards Showcase
Donation BOTM 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dcycle View Post
are they still racing those against 600s?
Not this one , its indened to be competive in the Superbike class - The ones in the Daytona Superbike are the 1125r - the rr is a more hopped up version, or so they say --

post #5 of 26 Old 07-15-2009, 12:34 PM Thread Starter

Awards Showcase
Donation BOTM 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMike919 View Post
You could buy 2 of those new 1000cc 195hp BMW's and still have money left over for speeding tickets for the price of one of those bad girls!
Yep, too bad the 125rr isnt ment for the street !

post #6 of 26 Old 07-15-2009, 01:38 PM
Stare into me...

Awards Showcase
Extraordinary Ride Donation Extraordinary Ride Donation 
Total Awards: 4

Totally bitcihn bike and all but I call shennanigans on the AMA

post #7 of 26 Old 07-15-2009, 05:43 PM
Legalize it please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ohno View Post
Yep, too bad the 125rr isnt ment for the street !
So I read the whole article this time... and remembered a race 2 weeks ago? Couldn't tell if it was 600 or 1000 class, but the buell did awsome in the straights,(gold colored bike...) couldn't hold it together in the turns and lost all the work he did on the straights... wonder if it was the same bike... maybe it was the rider...

2007 CB900f- sold
2009 K1300s- rockin out
post #8 of 26 Old 07-15-2009, 05:44 PM
Legalize it please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDJAM View Post
Totally bitcihn bike and all but I call shennanigans on the AMA
why?

2007 CB900f- sold
2009 K1300s- rockin out
post #9 of 26 Old 07-16-2009, 06:10 AM Thread Starter

Awards Showcase
Donation BOTM 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMike919 View Post
So I read the whole article this time... and remembered a race 2 weeks ago? Couldn't tell if it was 600 or 1000 class, but the buell did awsome in the straights,(gold colored bike...) couldn't hold it together in the turns and lost all the work he did on the straights... wonder if it was the same bike... maybe it was the rider...
Those are the Geico factory teams bikes - They are competing in the Daytona Superbike class, know formally as Formula extreme - .:AMA Superbike:.

They have a wiley vet ( Mike " Barney " Barns ) and Danny Eslick riding for them. Danny won several races to start the season .

Looks like there is a bit of controversey regardsing this bikes legality - If its intended only as a race bike, it shouldnt be superbike legal. According to the rules , it must be homlogated as a road going street bike to be legal - Lots of fussing going on over @ SuperBikePlanet.com | The Place Where Riders Learn They've Been Sacked - kind of funny, its not like they will be battling with Maladin and those likes anytime soon -

post #10 of 26 Old 07-16-2009, 05:08 PM
Legalize it please?

so what do you think, should they yank it? Some of the responses on the SuperBikePlanet seemed legit as it was a facory upgrade of a street legal bike... The Factory just set up a 1125r instead of the race crew doing it. Either way, that Buell made for some interesting racin!

2007 CB900f- sold
2009 K1300s- rockin out
post #11 of 26 Old 07-16-2009, 07:56 PM
Living the dream

BS in my book. But the Buell is the pace bike also so......

Street legal is streel legal. Rules are rules. So Suzuki or Yamaha should be able to build a non-street legal version of their race bike?
post #12 of 26 Old 07-16-2009, 09:03 PM
Legalize it please?

Don't they just take a street legal bike and hop it up anyway? I'm not breakin balls, I don't know... If they race a street bike with race slicks on them well than the Buell should follow suit. If they just skipped the bolt ons in the shop after they got the streetable bike, then it sounds like Buell is ahead of the game...

2007 CB900f- sold
2009 K1300s- rockin out
post #13 of 26 Old 07-17-2009, 05:35 AM
no max no more

street legal bike that has to be in production for the public

dont need a bike to ride the fast lane
post #14 of 26 Old 07-20-2009, 04:29 PM
Il bambino e un cani

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation Veteran Donation 

Basically it's a mid season decision because DMG thinks it will get a bunch of Harley types to the races.

What they don't realize, because they are NASCAR types, is that 99.9% of Harley riders care more about the next doo-wrap design than they care about racing no matter what kind of bike is racing.

Imagine Suzuki saying they wanted to enter a factory pre-prepped bike into the series that was never sold to the public for street use.

Buell says they are just installing all the race components on the bike for the customer so they don't have to do it. Hmmm...wonder if Suzuki could get away with that. Bottom line...the 1125R is street legal.. .the 1125RR is not. If the Buell factory is "just" installing the components for the customer...then why not just do it to the street legal 1125R that they claim is exactly the same but street legal?

DMG will be out of bike racing within two years, they've made AMA racing more of a joke than it was before...if that's possible. AMA Racing is the laughing stock of most national race series, with class rules so freakin stupid that most people don't even know what runs in what classes anymore. Unlike most national series (Britain, Aus, etc) than can run full WSBK spec bikes. DMG cares nothing about racing, and everything about profit, they put pace CARS on the track that endanger riders just so they can sell the sponsor spot for the pace car. They imagine that bike racing in the US can be made into a IROC, drama queen, carnival ride, sticker fest that NASCAR has become. DMG is stupid and greedy, AMA Racing is a lame duck that will do anything to stay afloat financially, and together they are a disaster.

Ehhhh....what kind of bike racing do you expect from a country the size of ours than can't put together a single world class motorcycle racing facility.
JohnnyB

post #15 of 26 Old 07-21-2009, 08:16 AM Thread Starter

Awards Showcase
Donation BOTM 

Good points Johhny B -
The whole getting behind Buell is an attampt to draw the HD crowd, but your right , the HD crowd doesnt give a crap about racing - well, maybe Grand National flat track, but ,that s about it .
IM a Buell fan, but ,I dont really like to see the rules getting ignored for one manufactor or the other - But, then again, IM sure the reason its not street legal is that they put a real race exhaust on it with a fat nasty map that wold NEVER pass emmisions/EPA tests. If I were betting.

post #16 of 26 Old 07-21-2009, 09:46 PM
Il bambino e un cani

Awards Showcase

I don't blame Buell one single bit, they are doing what every manufacturer does... trying to get an edge on the competition. The only difference is .. they seem to have an unnatural amount of cooperation from the sanctioning body. Which I am sure would be happily accepted by Suzuki or anyone else if they thought they could get it. I don't think the AMA has any vested interest in seeing Buell do well ... I think DMG does. And it seems DMG has an unnatural influence on AMA Racing. So ... there's a lot of unnatural stuff going on
JohnnyB

post #17 of 26 Old 07-22-2009, 07:26 AM Thread Starter

Awards Showcase
Donation BOTM 

Yep - totally un-natural , its killing our series - sad days indeed -

post #18 of 26 Old 07-22-2009, 09:49 AM
Living the dream

I ahve not attended a race in 2 years and I actually barely miss it. Those of you who know me understand why that is a big statement.

However...I am going to do all I can to get to Miller for WSBK next year!
post #19 of 26 Old 07-22-2009, 10:35 AM Thread Starter

Awards Showcase
Donation BOTM 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLR_Nate View Post
I ahve not attended a race in 2 years and I actually barely miss it. Those of you who know me understand why that is a big statement.

However...I am going to do all I can to get to Miller for WSBK next year!
Ive only been to Daytona and will probally head up to VIR, Daytona kind of set the tone of the whole season, a big dissapointment for me - I almost feel guilty if I dont hit VIR, what with it being so close and all -

As for Miller, DO IT !!! great track, super nice people, and not a bad place to watch anywhere on the grounds. Im really regretting not heading out this year,but, you know how it is -

post #20 of 26 Old 07-22-2009, 09:39 PM
Il bambino e un cani

Awards Showcase

post #21 of 26 Old 07-23-2009, 06:16 AM
Chuck Norris has lost in battle with this Member

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation 

the official is a d-bag and should read the damn rule book....

post #22 of 26 Old 07-23-2009, 06:23 AM Thread Starter

Awards Showcase
Donation BOTM 

post #23 of 26 Old 07-23-2009, 06:42 AM
Chuck Norris has lost in battle with this Member

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ohno View Post
serves him right... they ought to make him memorize the rule book....

and if they made him kiss that poor kids ass while standing on the winners podium that would be cool also...

post #24 of 26 Old 07-23-2009, 07:20 AM

Awards Showcase
Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 

Al was just their escape goat (so to speak) but, it also shows what happens when you give a good tuner a big enough responsability, mix with ignorant people of the sport... shiit happens.

Now, in Buell's defense and according to one of the mags (RRW IIRC), Eric Buell wanted to do whatever was fair so he went to DMG and asked what he could do and well... the rest is history.

I don't care how you dice it or slice it, making a 600cc bike (4 cyl) compete against a 1200cc or 1300cc (V-Twin) is in no way shape or form FAIR or even EQUAL but.... it does make for good racing at times.

I think that what DMG should do is make a Buell Cup, much like the BMW boxers, I remember watching one of this races at Daytona and I gotta tell you, as much as I hated those bikes, I had a lot of fun watching them race... as much as I did watching the 600s race at Daytona or any other venue.

That's not going to happen any time soon so it was nice to get it off my chest!

post #25 of 26 Old 07-23-2009, 07:31 AM
STR-III

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation 

I just don't find the look of the Buell sportbikes appealing.

Press Any Key To Continue.
post #26 of 26 Old 07-23-2009, 08:42 AM Thread Starter

Awards Showcase
Donation BOTM 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC90 View Post

I think that what DMG should do is make a Buell Cup, much like the BMW boxers, I remember watching one of this races at Daytona and I gotta tell you, as much as I hated those bikes, I had a lot of fun watching them race... as much as I did watching the 600s race at Daytona or any other venue
I totally agree -I still thing some of THE best racing was when the AMA had the sportster 883 class - great no wait EPIC battle were in that class ! Yeah , the bikes were turd sandwiches that didnt stop,turn,go or handle ,but, man - watching Ben Bostrum and ScottZampach bumping elbows while accelerating out of turn 6 @ Road Atlanta is a sight I'll never forget - I'd love to see some racers out there and on a Buell doing that , granted , the speed would be much faster when compaired to the 883's -

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode