Nakano to Honda? - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 14 Old 09-28-2006, 05:15 PM Thread Starter

Awards Showcase
Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 2

Nakano to Honda?

WOW, when did that happened? I am very happy for him but it feels kinda strange to see him not in green colors...

http://www.eurosport.com/motorcyclin...to973973.shtml

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 09-29-2006, 08:53 AM
Left Hand Suzuki Method

Haha... good thing Biaggi already signed with Suzuki in WSBK or he'd probably jump on the kawi and run rossi off the track, lol!

Checa's to old to jump on a Kawi in my opinion. Especially on an outdated machine. He'd be miserable like Jr. was on his last season with Suzuki.

Seems like an even move for Nakano's career if he goes to the satellite Honda teams. What does he really gain? I doubt Honda's gonna release the 800cc good bikes to anyone other than Repsol. Where's the benefit? Michelin tires?

post #3 of 14 Old 09-29-2006, 12:41 PM Thread Starter

Awards Showcase

Nakano is probably going to fair better than Tamada, he's going to a better bike for sure (Kawasaki hasn't even showned "A" bike yet!) and his bringing Bridgestone with him (Hindsight is 20/20 but Tamada should have stuck with them!).

I would choose a 3rd generation Honda GP bike over a 1st Gen Kawasaki any day of the week and twice on Sunday... but I could be wrong

post #4 of 14 Old 09-29-2006, 02:29 PM
Left Hand Suzuki Method

I obviously don't understand all that goes on behind the scenes but he's gonna have to wait a while to get on a repsol bike. Since they signed Niki for a couple more years and Respol pretty much put telefonica out of sponsorship by stealing dani... Nakano's a patient man.

He should pull a Hopper, bite the bullet, and wait for the right bike and build his crew up in the mean time.

post #5 of 14 Old 09-29-2006, 04:03 PM Thread Starter

Awards Showcase

I know being a Factory rider is better than being on a Satellite team but where did that get Chris Vermullen? Look at how well Casey Stoner is doing on the LCR?

Again, hindsight being 20/20... where do you think that Chris V. would be on the LCR Team now?

Nakano's rented Honda will be much better than Kawasaki's factory bike... I bet money on it.

Now, Kawasaki's GP bike was by far the coolest looking bike of the bunch

post #6 of 14 Old 09-29-2006, 04:27 PM
Left Hand Suzuki Method

But remember Tamada was on the Repsol team and when he down graded, he moved to the back of the pack. Stoner's a better ride, I think.

Stay with Green!

post #7 of 14 Old 09-29-2006, 04:31 PM Thread Starter

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayrock View Post
But remember Tamada was on the Repsol team and when he down graded, he moved to the back of the pack. Stoner's a better ride, I think.

Stay with Green!
Tamada on the Repsol team? When? Tamada has always been a solo rider.

Rossi & Nicky
Barros & Nicky
Biaggi & Nicky
Nicky & Pedrosa

He did have HRC support if that's what you're saying and I'm sure Nakano will too.

post #8 of 14 Old 09-30-2006, 07:44 AM
Left Hand Suzuki Method

Yep... testing your brain! I was thinking Ukawa...hahaha.

post #9 of 14 Old 09-30-2006, 12:08 PM Thread Starter

Awards Showcase

Bastid!

post #10 of 14 Old 10-01-2006, 03:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC90 View Post
Tamada on the Repsol team? When? Tamada has always been a solo rider.

Rossi & Nicky
Barros & Nicky
Biaggi & Nicky
Nicky & Pedrosa

He did have HRC support if that's what you're saying and I'm sure Nakano will too.
Well, not quite... Tamada rode a Camel Pons Honda in 2004 teamed with some other guy who rode in a skirt.

My personal belief is that Tamada was streaky then and his luck has run out on the Minolta Honda. I don't think it's the bike's fault, how many other satellite Hondas have sucked like that... none that I can think of. I've felt for two years now that Nakano was a top 5 rider, now he will surely have to deliver on that. He should have more success than Stoner, if for no other reason than he doesn't go farming in every session. I like the guy a lot. He did a demo ride at Spa a while back for Kawi big wigs and some racers. When it came time to ride there was a complete deluge... knowing Spa is slippery when wet and dangerous even in the dry on a bike they told Nakano he didn't have to ride. His response (loosely translated)? "Nonsense! Mount the rains" ... Au Rouge in the wet on a MotoGP bike... STUD.

post #11 of 14 Old 10-01-2006, 09:19 AM Thread Starter

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccs22 View Post
Well, not quite... Tamada rode a Camel Pons Honda in 2004 teamed with some other guy who rode in a skirt.
Tamada rode on Camel/Pons colors as that was as close as he got to have a teammate, hence, the solo thing. Biaggi was on Michelin and Tamada was on Bridgestones... Biaggi was on a Satellite Team with some HRC support whereas Tamada was with Full HRC Support. I don't consider that having a team mate, do you? I guess we can compromise on it though

post #12 of 14 Old 10-03-2006, 04:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC90 View Post
Tamada rode on Camel/Pons colors as that was as close as he got to have a teammate, hence, the solo thing. Biaggi was on Michelin and Tamada was on Bridgestones... Biaggi was on a Satellite Team with some HRC support whereas Tamada was with Full HRC Support. I don't consider that having a team mate, do you? I guess we can compromise on it though
Touche... you do make a valid point. Furthermore, even on a normal team I doubt Biaggi is anything but a pain in the rear... unless you need settings that give you an excuse when you get a beatdown and then cry about it

post #13 of 14 Old 10-03-2006, 11:04 AM
Left Hand Suzuki Method

Speaking of... new topic, WSBK is gonna be pretty fun to watch with all the has beens and retirees from GP. As usual, a lot of people will be looking for rides (Hodgson, Bostrom), Checa maybe? Biaggi's back!

Can't wait to see how this all shakes out over the next month or so.

post #14 of 14 Old 10-03-2006, 03:18 PM Thread Starter

Awards Showcase

After watching the Imola races, I have no doubt in my Mind that Barros, with a better bike, would have whooped them boys bad.

I am hoping that next year he gets into the Ten Kate team and that Colin can get a good bike as well so we can see Colin, Biaggi, Bayliss, Haga, Barros & Biaggi trading paint out.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode