Left of Centre

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 Old 05-30-2014, 07:21 AM
Tesserarius

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 1

Whats new? Marquez has won everything so far in 2014 & frankly its become really boring to just see the same person win without much effort. Yeah, he is probably God's gift to MotoGP & all.

post #3 of 20 Old 05-30-2014, 02:25 PM
Primus Pilus

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by arshishb View Post
Whats new? Marquez has won everything so far in 2014 & frankly its become really boring to just see the same person win without much effort. Yeah, he is probably God's gift to MotoGP & all.
I disagree wholeheartedly. While it isn't terribly surprising when Marquez obliterates the competition and takes the win days ahead, it's still amazing to watch him ride, in my opinion. He is truly a master at his craft. While you'll be disappointed if you're expecting close racing, lead swapping, and fights for the lead, Marquez puts on a simply stunning display of superior riding talent aboard the Honda.

On top of that, you have Rossi's recent resurgence to the pointy end of the field, and I'd say it's not a half bad year to watch the big bikes in MotoGP. Obviously, this is just my opinion, but sometimes it's worth viewing things with a different perspective. Rather than disappointment, I've found it's better to appreciate what the experience still has to offer.

2002 919 40,000 miles
"racing is life...everything else is just waiting"

post #4 of 20 Old 05-30-2014, 02:28 PM Thread Starter
Left of Centre

What's not boring is seeing the other teams and riders figure out what they are going to have to do to match this new level - consider the idea, two seasons ago, of Rossi leading Lorenzo and Pedrosa home, the way he did at Jerez.

Sure, Marquez is going to win plenty more this season - but what else is going on out there? I reckon there's still plenty to watch.

YMMV.

post #5 of 20 Old 05-30-2014, 02:29 PM Thread Starter
Left of Centre

Quote:
Originally Posted by BockHawk View Post
I disagree wholeheartedly. While it isn't terribly surprising when Marquez obliterates the competition and takes the win days ahead, it's still amazing to watch him ride, in my opinion. He is truly a master at his craft. While you'll be disappointed if you're expecting close racing, lead swapping, and fights for the lead, Marquez puts on a simply stunning display of superior riding talent aboard the Honda.

On top of that, you have Rossi's recent resurgence to the pointy end of the field, and I'd say it's not a half bad year to watch the big bikes in MotoGP. Obviously, this is just my opinion, but sometimes it's worth viewing things with a different perspective. Rather than disappointment, I've found it's better to appreciate what the experience still has to offer.
Snap!

post #6 of 20 Old 05-30-2014, 03:18 PM
Tesserarius

Awards Showcase

Quote:

Not sure what you are disagreeing about? I never disputed the guys talent. He & Pedrosa have the same equipment & yet he is unmatchable. One can infer from that he is quite superior in the way he races a motorcycle. He has just clicked with this bike.

If you look at his Moto 2 history, he didn't walk away; he actually did fight for it.

Just surprising & boring to see how he has demoralized the rest of the field. One good thing is that once he walks away in the beginning of the race, the rest of the time the cameras are focused on the rest of the field

If you watch WSBK, its exciting racing each race because as there is no one person who dominates.

post #7 of 20 Old 05-30-2014, 04:45 PM
Primus Pilus

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by arshishb View Post
its become really boring to just see the same person win without much effort.
I'm not sure how my meaning would be lost given the brevity and obvious assertion your post made, but here is a direct quote to indicate specifically the statement I find not to be accurate, in my opinion. You clearly state that it's boring because Marquez is so superior. In your reply, you did it again. It seems others were able to parse the content of my message quite clearly, so I'm uncertain where your confusion was derived.

The crux of your argument assumes that there must not be a clear winner in every race. I posit that the clear winner's mere dominance is a spectacle to behold, and the rest of the pack has shown amazing talent, though not at the same level exhibited by Marquez.

2002 919 40,000 miles
post #8 of 20 Old 05-30-2014, 05:01 PM
Tesserarius

Awards Showcase

Quote:
I'm not sure how my meaning would be lost given the brevity and obvious assertion your post made, but here is a direct quote to indicate specifically the statement I find not to be accurate, in my opinion. You clearly state that it's boring because Marquez is so superior. In your reply, you did it again. It seems others were able to parse the content of my message quite clearly, so I'm uncertain where your confusion was derived.

The crux of your argument assumes that there must not be a clear winner in every race. I posit that the clear winner's mere dominance is a spectacle to behold, and the rest of the pack has shown amazing talent, though not at the same level exhibited by Marquez.
Alright, whatever. I have my opinion & you have yours. You do not agree with mine because its not "accurate". That is why its an opinion & nothing much else. I do not agree with yours either, so lets move on.

We love racing & that is why we are even bothering to post. So lets watch the race & regardless of what either our opinions are; enjoy watching the best riders do what they do best. Even if MM wins yet again.

post #9 of 20 Old 05-31-2014, 02:45 AM Thread Starter
Left of Centre

Well, well....

motogp.com · GRAN PREMIO D'ITALIA TIM · MotoGP Free Practice Nr. 3 Classification 2014

And while you are there, check the top speeds - Mugello has an uphill straight.

http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2014/I...p+Speed+record

post #10 of 20 Old 05-31-2014, 07:14 AM Thread Starter
Left of Centre

12 riders within a second of one another in qualifying.

motogp.com · GRAN PREMIO D'ITALIA TIM · Moto2 Qualifying Classification 2014

post #11 of 20 Old 06-01-2014, 10:38 AM
...is a Nihonjin.

Awesome race. Usually dont pull for Lorenzo, but I was hoping he'd pull this one off.

post #12 of 20 Old 06-01-2014, 12:49 PM
Tesserarius

Good race. I think 99 pushed 93 pretty hard. Don't know how much 93 had in reserve.
Glad Bradl was not hurt. That hit he took did not look fun.

The moto 3 race was great. 6 wide going into turn 1.
post #13 of 20 Old 06-01-2014, 02:27 PM Thread Starter
Left of Centre

A cracker!

Let's hope Lorenzo has got something new figured out, and can race this way for the rest of the season.

motogp.com · Marquez ecstatic to continue winning streak

post #14 of 20 Old 06-01-2014, 05:33 PM
Tesserarius

1 Marc Marquez Honda 150
2 Valentino Rossi Yam 97
3 Dani Pedrosa Honda 96
4 Jorge Lorenzo Yam 65
5 Andrea Dovizioso Duc 63
post #15 of 20 Old 06-02-2014, 08:28 AM
Primus Pilus

Garage
I gotta say, I was in no way disappointed. This was a hell of a race and action-packed to the end.

2002 919 40,000 miles
post #16 of 20 Old 06-02-2014, 09:59 AM
Fool in the Rain

Garage

Awards Showcase
Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Extraordinary Ride Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 4

Great race. It seemed the Yamaha was the better bike, and the Honda had the better rider. Marq absolutely willed the thing to the finish line first.

"Towards the end of the vid, it looks like she may have had a bafflectomy." - MarylandMike
post #17 of 20 Old 06-02-2014, 04:23 PM
Dragon Slayer

They said Lorenzo had opted for the larger brake rotors. i wonder if that was his secret weapon for challenging Marquez.

2002 SuperHornet 919 - In a continuously variable state of modification.

1974 CB360- awaiting restoration money

Past Bikes:

1981 XL 80
1984? Nighthawk 650
1992? Zephyr 1100
1991? ZX-11
1999 ZRX 1100
1984 V45 Magna
2001 GSXR 750
1985 Shadow 1100
post #18 of 20 Old 06-02-2014, 08:52 PM Thread Starter
Left of Centre

Yeah, they did say that, but it looked like MM was pretty strong under brakes - it appeared he had no trouble getting right up behind Lorenzo in the braking zones, so you have to wonder how much diff it made. A great spectacle though...

post #19 of 20 Old 06-02-2014, 09:12 PM
Dragon Slayer

It was quite the show.

2002 SuperHornet 919 - In a continuously variable state of modification.

1974 CB360- awaiting restoration money

Past Bikes:

1981 XL 80
1984? Nighthawk 650
1992? Zephyr 1100
1991? ZX-11
1999 ZRX 1100
1984 V45 Magna
2001 GSXR 750
1985 Shadow 1100
post #20 of 20 Old 06-03-2014, 03:22 PM Thread Starter
Left of Centre

...meanwhile...

...elsewhere in Europe, a young man waits for his box of "Go Faster", coming special delivery from Japan.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hayden2.jpg (143.1 KB, 1 views)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode