MotoGP at Indy for 2008 - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 18 Old 02-21-2007, 01:30 PM Thread Starter
libertine

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 5

MotoGP at Indy for 2008

I might have missed it " if someone already said it" but just read a report that MotoGP will come to indy in 2008.
they are going to start work on a new section and when done MotoGP and F1 cars will use the new section.
http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/Articl...=4374&PageID=1

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old 02-21-2007, 01:32 PM
BANNED!

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 3

I asked this on another thread... nver got an answer...

Interesting... Indy sucks!

I LOVE Tig Bitties!
post #3 of 18 Old 02-21-2007, 01:32 PM Thread Starter
libertine

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 5

I just added a link to the story I hope it's true

post #4 of 18 Old 02-21-2007, 01:37 PM
Primus Pilus

Garage
I wish they'd do a different track, but I already said that in another thread. Indy does suck.

2002 919 40,000 miles
"racing is life...everything else is just waiting"
post #5 of 18 Old 02-21-2007, 02:24 PM

Awards Showcase
Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 2

Can Indy become the Next Valencia when it comes to Stadium-Type tracks...

post #6 of 18 Old 02-21-2007, 02:36 PM

Awards Showcase
Trackday Recognition 
Total Awards: 1

yes yes, Indy sucks when it comes to a bike track. Daytona woulda been a much better choice. but on the flip side... the US has TWO GP races now!!!

post #7 of 18 Old 02-21-2007, 02:41 PM
Hastatus Prior

Awards Showcase
Veteran 

Yeah, No Kidding. Indy Might Not Be The Best Track, But Its Close And I Know People There!!!

+ $5

post #8 of 18 Old 02-21-2007, 04:37 PM
Tribuni Angusticlavii

Awards Showcase
Trackday Recognition Donation 

What sucks so bad about it? I'm not being an advocate, I'm just not familiar.
Maybe they will fix it by '08.

post #9 of 18 Old 02-21-2007, 04:55 PM
Fool in the Rain

Garage

Awards Showcase
Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Extraordinary Ride Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpzTurbo View Post
What sucks so bad about it? I'm not being an advocate, I'm just not familiar.
Maybe they will fix it by '08.
I don't know what the proposed changes are, but under the current F1 configuration there aren't any elevation changes, which I think makes for a nicer road course.

Also, Indy is huge. No matter where you sit you can only see a portion of the track. I went to the first and second F1 races there, and have been to several Cart/IRL races. The best seating I had for F1 was in the short chute between turns 3 and 4. You can see quite a bit of the track from there, and it's where they come off the front straight and into the infield section.

Like said before, at least there are going to be two GPs on American soil. I just wish they had picked another track. And that's coming from someone less than two hours from Indy.

"Towards the end of the vid, it looks like she may have had a bafflectomy." - MarylandMike
post #10 of 18 Old 02-21-2007, 05:04 PM

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaJim View Post
I don't know what the proposed changes are, but under the current F1 configuration there aren't any elevation changes, which I think makes for a nicer road course.

Also, Indy is huge. No matter where you sit you can only see a portion of the track. I went to the first and second F1 races there, and have been to several Cart/IRL races. The best seating I had for F1 was in the short chute between turns 3 and 4. You can see quite a bit of the track from there, and it's where they come off the front straight and into the infield section.

Like said before, at least there are going to be two GPs on American soil. I just wish they had picked another track. And that's coming from someone less than two hours from Indy.
The Valencia track is a stadium-type track and look at the amount of people that it pulls (yeah to many variations to least as to the why) and, it also does not have any elevation changes but it is a track where you can watch pretty much all of the race.

If they can make it so the Indy track can be traceable from the stands, I think they will have a good thing going because, let's be honest, in no other track in the world you are able to follow the whole race unless you are on a Helo or the Jumbotron is in front of you.

I think that a few well placed Jumbotron could be some of the changes the Indy track should have... never been there so I don't know if they have enough already.

post #11 of 18 Old 02-21-2007, 05:13 PM
Primus Pilus

Garage
It isn't just the view. Valencia has a decent track layout whereas Indy is pretty uninspired. Even with screens, it's still a bland course. I'm only 3 hours away, so if it's a done deal I'm there, but I'd still prefer a different course.

2002 919 40,000 miles
post #12 of 18 Old 02-21-2007, 07:48 PM

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bock919 View Post
It isn't just the view. Valencia has a decent track layout whereas Indy is pretty uninspired. Even with screens, it's still a bland course. I'm only 3 hours away, so if it's a done deal I'm there, but I'd still prefer a different course.
Oh please, I rather Road America or road Atlanta, Miller Motorsports over Indy anytime but I don't see anybody from both RA's or Miller talking to Dorna or MotoGP about it so our only venue so far is Indy. I say, let's help out make it happen.

Hey, if this works out, maybe Miller, road Atlanta or Road America are next ... one can dream, right?

post #13 of 18 Old 02-21-2007, 08:16 PM
Imaginifer

Awards Showcase
Outstanding Restoration 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC90 View Post
Oh please, I rather Road America or road Atlanta, Miller Motorsports over Indy anytime but I don't see anybody from both RA's or Miller talking to Dorna or MotoGP about it so our only venue so far is Indy. I say, let's help out make it happen.

Hey, if this works out, maybe Miller, road Atlanta or Road America are next ... one can dream, right?

It's all about money and Indy's got it.

post #14 of 18 Old 02-21-2007, 08:36 PM
Fool in the Rain

Garage

Awards Showcase
Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Extraordinary Ride Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1000RRHooligan View Post
Exactly, it sure isn't because they've got loads of parking.

"Towards the end of the vid, it looks like she may have had a bafflectomy." - MarylandMike
post #15 of 18 Old 02-21-2007, 08:38 PM
BANNED!

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1000RRHooligan View Post

Ding ding... RA would be a great track... but not sure they have the dollars to grease the skids. Lets hope some other tracks make some improvements and maybe in a few years sign a deal.

Didn't INDY's final turn on the F1 track cause a bunch of issues? Who knows what direction and track they will ultimately run?!

I LOVE Tig Bitties!
post #16 of 18 Old 02-22-2007, 06:20 AM
C'est la vie

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwest View Post
Didn't INDY's final turn on the F1 track cause a bunch of issues? Who knows what direction and track they will ultimately run?!
Yeah, too fast and hard on the tires and the runoff towards the exit is a concrete wall. It would have to be a completely new configuration.

Road America would be amazing!

post #17 of 18 Old 02-22-2007, 06:47 AM
Primus Pilus

Garage
Quote:
Ding ding... RA would be a great track... but not sure they have the dollars to grease the skids. Lets hope some other tracks make some improvements and maybe in a few years sign a deal.
+1! I love the RA track! Good people, great food, quite a bit of runoff, long straights, decent parking, tons of camping, plenty of different places to watch, how can you go wrong?
Quote:
I was at that horrible 6 car race. At first we just thought the other cars were pitting for different tires....then we got mad. That "race" was a farce. Turn 1 is also horrid for F1 at Indy. The track workers can't seem to figure out that everyone crashes there, so they don't bother to have any kind of plan for pulling cars and people out without a full course caution for 3-5 laps. Pathetic display for international racing if you ask me.

2002 919 40,000 miles
post #18 of 18 Old 02-24-2007, 09:12 AM
Living the dream

Agree not the best track but close to me and I will go for sure.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode