Silly Season... Don't you just love it?

http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2008/M...+move+for+2009

http://moto-racing.speedtv.com/artic...expected-soon/

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 Old 08-19-2008, 08:36 PM
Site Founder

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Extraordinary Ride Trackday Recognition Extraordinary Ride 
Total Awards: 6

oh yeah!

post #3 of 31 Old 08-19-2008, 09:08 PM
C'est la vie

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 2

Can we fast forward to 2009 then? Maybe I'll go to Colorado and try to freeze myself until then like Cartman did on Southpark waiting for the Wii to come out. Someone thaw me out before the IRTA tests.

post #4 of 31 Old 08-20-2008, 06:44 AM

Awards Showcase
Donation BOTM 

Wow ! I thought the Hayden Ducati deal was good but the melandri to Kawasaki ! What a surprise !

post #5 of 31 Old 08-20-2008, 06:48 AM
Bitten

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Community Leadership Extraordinary Ride Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 4

I am a Melandri beleiver.
I thought the Ducati deal was made in heaven after Stoner's run.
As for Kawi... possibly going to be a surprise next year or the the biggest waste to talent.

Virginia Beach Remodeling
Spoiler:
Ride In Peace Marcus Randolph (Kahuna) 12/17/06
post #6 of 31 Old 08-20-2008, 06:52 AM
Legatus Legionis

Awards Showcase
Community Leadership Donation Donation Community Leadership 
Total Awards: 6

Is West getting the boot to make room for Melandri?

post #7 of 31 Old 08-20-2008, 06:59 AM

Awards Showcase
Donation BOTM 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMike View Post
Is West getting the boot to make room for Melandri?

Has to be West , Hopper is good till the end of 09 -

IM with you F41guy - after seeing Melandri beat up on everyone with a POS privateer Honda, I was hoping for great things from the mix of him and Ducati - Ive been totally bummed he hasnt done great things with that bike - I dont have a good feeling for him a the Kawasaki, they are just so far behind the curve, Im not sure if they can catch up - But, only time will tell - they did have a good showing this past weekend .

post #8 of 31 Old 08-20-2008, 07:40 AM Thread Starter

Awards Showcase
Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 

I would have loved to see Melandri back on a Honda or sat Honda but I guess once you leave Honda you can't go back, more so after Melandri was so vocal about it.

As others have stated, I don't think moving to Kawasaki is a good move but then again, staying with Ducati was like signing your death certificate... hopefully, between him and Earkins and Kawasaki willing to throw some good $$$ into the pot, they can make that thing go even faster, at least competitive.

Again, as much as I am a fan of Honda and more so of Nicky, I am glad to see him go to Ducati. I strongly believe he will tame that beast just as Stoner is doing it and loving it, it really suits their styles. On the other hand, this could be the marriage from hell and make his life more miserable and we just have to look at Melandri for that, although, Melandri style is a 250cc style and we all know Nicky is, by far, the opposite.

Bring it on and wake me up for Qatar, I don't even want to see the IRTA!!!

post #9 of 31 Old 08-20-2008, 08:14 AM

Awards Showcase
Donation BOTM 

Seems as though Ducati was ready to give Melandri the boot only a few races in the season - Sad -

post #10 of 31 Old 08-20-2008, 11:40 AM Thread Starter

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ohno View Post
Seems as though Ducati was ready to give Melandri the boot only a few races in the season - Sad -
Well, frankly, I believe it was a mutual agreement, I mean, Melandri is no slouch and he demonstrated that on a Satellite bike. Hell, even last year on the monstruosity that Honda pulled out, Melandri had some good races.

I wish him well, I just want to see hard racing again and not a difference of 20 secs between 1st, 2nd & 3rd place.

post #11 of 31 Old 08-20-2008, 12:55 PM

Awards Showcase
Donation BOTM 

^ Here, here !

post #12 of 31 Old 08-21-2008, 08:22 AM
The "Eagle" Has Landed

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 3

Eat My Words

Okay... I was wrong. Ducati is going with Nicky!

Actually, I am VERY THRILLED about this. I hope that Nicky makes me eat my words about him losing the desire to win. I hope that I get to see Nicky not only tame the beast but make it slide it's arse backwards into a turn.

If Nicky can be "Nicky" all over again, I think he and Stoner will make great team mates and help each other raise the bar. I like the Kentucky kid and I hope to see him on top again.

GO TEAM DUCATI!!!!!

post #13 of 31 Old 08-21-2008, 08:29 AM
Enormous member

I've read somewhere that it is confirmed that Ant West will not be riding the Kaw next year, but I've also read that they're talking about a 3rd bike.

Only thing I think Nicky is going to do on a Duc is suck just as much with a different company.

post #14 of 31 Old 08-21-2008, 08:55 AM

Awards Showcase
Donation BOTM 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnC View Post

Only thing I think Nicky is going to do on a Duc is rock more with a better company.
There , fixed it !

post #15 of 31 Old 08-21-2008, 11:15 AM Thread Starter

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnC View Post
IOnly thing I think Nicky is going to do on a Duc is suck just as much with a different company.
Blasfemy!!!... Don't make me send RC51_XX & WIM_RC51 to piss all over your cheerios!!!

post #16 of 31 Old 08-21-2008, 11:19 AM
The "Eagle" Has Landed

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC90 View Post
Blasfemy!!!... Don't make me send RC51_XX & WIM_RC51 to piss all over your cheerios!!!

Who is this person ?!?! Was I cloned ?!?!

post #17 of 31 Old 08-21-2008, 08:43 PM
BANNED!

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIM-RC51 View Post
Okay... I was wrong. Ducati is going with Nicky!

Actually, I am VERY THRILLED about this. I hope that Nicky makes me eat my words about him losing the desire to win. I hope that I get to see Nicky not only tame the beast but make it slide it's arse backwards into a turn.

If Nicky can be "Nicky" all over again, I think he and Stoner will make great team mates and help each other raise the bar. I like the Kentucky kid and I hope to see him on top again.

GO TEAM DUCATI!!!!!
Too late panty boy.... Your officially off the Nicky Train!

Wooooooo Hooooooooooo

All aboard! We're going to ITALY!

Does anyone recall what happened the last time Nicky rode a twin? Hmmmmmmm..... I DO!

Seriously... I think the Duc is the bike for him and hopefully (GOD I PRAY) they treat him well with all the goodies Casey gets. I dont know much about the Ducati team and how they operate... I've unfortunately been stuck on HRC!

NOT ANYMORE!

My next bike WILL BE A DUCATI!

I LOVE Tig Bitties!
post #18 of 31 Old 08-22-2008, 06:47 AM

Awards Showcase
Donation BOTM 

^ Hehe, right on ! Just imagine, another Americna champ, but, this time on a bike made in Italy by a company that makes as many bike in a year as Honda does ina day ! Im loving it !

post #19 of 31 Old 08-22-2008, 11:14 AM Thread Starter

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwest View Post
Yeah... FairWeather Fan!!! Go back to your "Nicky has no fire or desire" BS

post #20 of 31 Old 08-23-2008, 08:57 AM
The "Eagle" Has Landed

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwest View Post

Wooooooo Hooooooooooo

All aboard! We're going to ITALY!

Does anyone recall what happened the last time Nicky rode a twin? Hmmmmmmm..... I DO!

Seriously... I think the Duc is the bike for him and hopefully (GOD I PRAY) they treat him well with all the goodies Casey gets. I dont know much about the Ducati team and how they operate... I've unfortunately been stuck on HRC!

NOT ANYMORE!

My next bike WILL BE A DUCATI!
Wasn't on or off the Nicky train my man. As I said, I hope Nicky makes me eat my words.... I did not retract them. It will be interesting to see. If he cannot perform like a Champion on the Ducati, then he is well and truly finished and should pursue a life in modeling or something.

I agree with your comments about him on a V-Twin ala: RC-51 years. And as far as I can tell, Ducati does not play stupid politics - both their bikes are identical, set up for the individual rider though as far as things like suspension, etc. Ducati has also been know to be great at developing the rider and showing great loyalty which boosts confidence and skills. Look what they did with Stoner, the kid can ride but it helped that Ducati not only developed a bike, but put as much effort into developing the rider too.

Time will tell... bring on the 2009 season.

Quote:
Yeah... FairWeather Fan!!! Go back to your "Nicky has no fire or desire" BS
Haven't changed my comments amigo, I said I hope he makes me eat my words. We shall see. Ducati takes risks on riders choices which is part of why I like them. However, unlike Stoner who had more fire in him than a good bike or total skills, Nicky needs to re-ignite the fire. At least he comes with tons of skills and experience. We shall see.

Oh... by the way.... does this mean Gigerneau races no more????

post #21 of 31 Old 08-23-2008, 09:11 AM Thread Starter

Awards Showcase

I think this is where you & I (along with others) differ, I (or We) do not believe Nicky has lost the fire to compete, be competitive or Win, on the contrary, he is more pissed off that he can not be any of the 3 things mentioned above because he does not have a competitive bike under him or the tires he is given are shiot.

Sure, we all know that the Honda bike is competitive enough, we even know that Pedrosa and Others are very competitive on them but, if we look closely, those 2 or 3 guys came from 250cc, which is what the bike was ment for.

On the other hand, I thought Ducati was racing with a V-4 bike and not a V-Twin but what the hell do I know!

I do agree with you and others that Ducati tends to help all of their riders when it comes to building their bikes to accomodate rider style, although, I think that Nicky and Stoner's styles are very similar which means they will gain from each other and Nicky has been able to develop his setup skills so it should help Stoner a bit more.

post #22 of 31 Old 08-23-2008, 09:47 AM
The "Eagle" Has Landed

Awards Showcase

Quote:
I think this is where you & I (along with others) differ, I (or We) do not believe Nicky has lost the fire to compete, be competitive or Win, on the contrary, he is more pissed off that he can not be any of the 3 things mentioned above because he does not have a competitive bike under him or the tires he is given are shiot.

Sure, we all know that the Honda bike is competitive enough, we even know that Pedrosa and Others are very competitive on them but, if we look closely, those 2 or 3 guys came from 250cc, which is what the bike was ment for.

On the other hand, I thought Ducati was racing with a V-4 bike and not a V-Twin but what the hell do I know!

I do agree with you and others that Ducati tends to help all of their riders when it comes to building their bikes to accomodate rider style, although, I think that Nicky and Stoner's styles are very similar which means they will gain from each other and Nicky has been able to develop his setup skills so it should help Stoner a bit more.
Opps... V-4. My bad. I do think Nicky and Stoner "were" similar. Maybe Nicky was just not having fun anymore with Honda - they suck as a Team Management team anyway. Colin always had issues with them - even after the man won the Superbike Title for them. That said though, Colin too had to find the fire again and I am very happy that he has. It is not just about being on a competitive bike or what discipline you come from - 250cc or 1000cc, or dirt bikes - you ride with your skills and your heart. Before I was able to drag my knee, the guy who coached finally said I was stiff and not enjoying myself and that when I am having fun and willing to ride with "heart", it would come and come it did.

When Nicky won the championship, he did not dominate the series... and this was the Honda at its best. Say what you will... I am waiting to see what he does at Ducati. I want the best for him, so I am rooting for him. Ducati is good at harnessing a rider's will and skills and developing them. They understand that the bike is only a part of the equation - a rider is as important if not more important. Look at is this way, just because you ride a Gixxer does not make you the fastest in the pack. Having the heart, skills and desire to ride the bike to its limits is what makes the difference - that is the X factor.

post #23 of 31 Old 09-09-2008, 11:58 AM
C'est la vie

Awards Showcase

Rossi seems to believe Nicky to Ducati is a done deal!

Anybody else think a "home" race annoucement might be in the works for this weekend?

post #24 of 31 Old 09-09-2008, 01:05 PM Thread Starter

Awards Showcase

If someone knows... Valentino is one that would

Since the weather pretty much is going to suck this weekend, yeah, I think he should let us all know that he's moving from Honda to the Ducati...

post #25 of 31 Old 09-09-2008, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMulford View Post
Rossi seems to believe Nicky to Ducati is a done deal!

Anybody else think a "home" race annoucement might be in the works for this weekend?
I say no unless Honda gives him permission and I don't see that happening.

post #26 of 31 Old 09-10-2008, 09:42 AM Thread Starter

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by angela155 View Post
I say no unless Honda gives him permission and I don't see that happening.
What do you mean Angela? According to some strong rumors, Dovizioso is almost a shoe in to be Pedrosa's teammate. Again, I am a Honda fan first and foremost but I have liked this kid since I saw him racing on the Suzuki 600 supersport back in the days and I strongly feel that Honda has no inclination of helping him at all.

I have never been a Ducati fan but, I see that as his only shot at another Championship or, at the very least, top 5 finishes at every race.

post #27 of 31 Old 09-10-2008, 10:51 AM
C'est la vie

Awards Showcase

I think she was saying no to the chance of there being some big announcement party, not to him leaving in the first place. Am I right Angela?

post #28 of 31 Old 09-10-2008, 11:01 AM
The "Eagle" Has Landed

Awards Showcase

Honda is pretty strict on their PR policies, but I say UP YOUR'S HONDA! They have screwed with Nicky long enough. If his deal is solid with Ducati, I say he shove it to them and announce it anyway.... but that just me...

post #29 of 31 Old 09-10-2008, 12:25 PM

Awards Showcase
Donation BOTM 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIM-RC51 View Post
Honda is pretty strict on their PR policies, but I say UP YOUR'S HONDA! They have screwed with Nicky long enough. If his deal is solid with Ducati, I say he shove it to them and announce it anyway.... but that just me...
AMEN !!!!!! Nicky has been Hondas whipping boy for long enough !

post #30 of 31 Old 09-11-2008, 05:10 PM
C'est la vie

Awards Showcase

Bingo! The SpeedTV.com interview with Hayden...

And, some interesting quotes in MotoGP.com's interview!

post #31 of 31 Old 09-11-2008, 05:27 PM Thread Starter

Awards Showcase

I spat all over mymonitor on this one...

Quote:
It could happen,´ quipped Hayden light-heartedly. `There are probably people in that box that if I didn´t show up would probably never notice! But no, I plan on going to race.´

I wonder if colin Young is reaching, was told this by Hayden himself (doubt it) or by Honda (even less doubtful) but, somehow, I find it very believable...

Quote:
Hayden, a world champion for Honda, was brutally told not to bother asking for the same winning Bridgestone tires used by Valentino Rossi, Casey Stoner, and now Pedrosa.
Ern, never mind, should have change to the next page before posting!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode