Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 2

Malasyan MotoGP tests...

MotoGP bike or Supermoto?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 11-15-2007, 10:28 PM
Left Hand Suzuki Method

It's a Honda something... Looks like an old 212V from this year. That's the "new" exhaust and that's a FAT rear tire. 200 at least.

And I'm guessing thats one of the 250 boys out testing. I can't remember which of the two was going to Honda?

post #3 of 13 Old 11-16-2007, 07:29 AM Thread Starter

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayrock View Post
It's a Honda something... Looks like an old 212V from this year. That's the "new" exhaust and that's a FAT rear tire. 200 at least.

And I'm guessing thats one of the 250 boys out testing. I can't remember which of the two was going to Honda?
That's Randy de Puniet on the 2007 LCR RC212V but doesn't the bike look odd? Andrea Dovizioso and that other kid are the other 2 going to Honda teams as well.

post #4 of 13 Old 11-16-2007, 07:52 AM
BANNED!

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 3

Has to be a shadow on that picture... that tire looks BIG!

I LOVE Tig Bitties!
post #5 of 13 Old 11-17-2007, 01:51 AM

Here is some more pics: http://www.lcr.mc/home/index.asp

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC90 View Post
That's Randy de Puniet on the 2007 LCR RC212V but doesn't the bike look odd? Andrea Dovizioso and that other kid are the other 2 going to Honda teams as well.
Is it Alex de Angelis?

post #6 of 13 Old 11-17-2007, 09:48 AM Thread Starter

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorwerks919 View Post
Here is some more pics: http://www.lcr.mc/home/index.asp

Is it Alex de Angelis?
Yes! I am very bad with names!

post #7 of 13 Old 11-20-2007, 09:57 AM
Tesserarius

Clone Troopers!

post #8 of 13 Old 11-20-2007, 10:53 AM Thread Starter

Awards Showcase

somehow, I don't see Lorenzo stumping on the competition next year and his style of riding is way different than Edwards and Toseland so, where's he going to be getting all his set-up data from? I hope I am wrong and he comes out fighting and stumps on Valentino's a$$

post #9 of 13 Old 11-20-2007, 03:17 PM

Quote:
his style of riding is way different than Edwards and Toseland so,
What is different about it?

post #10 of 13 Old 11-20-2007, 05:39 PM Thread Starter

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorwerks919 View Post
What is different about it?
This is from an Interview that as.com did with him:

Me está costando bastante la adaptación, pero creo que en estos entrenamientos se ha dado otro paso hacia delante. El mayor problema son las frenadas. Freno demasiado pronto, buscando un paso rápido por curva, y lo tengo que hacer al revés. Debo frenar más tarde, para hacer el paso por curva más lento, pero para poder así levantar antes la moto y dar gas a fondo lo más rápido posible. Con las motos de esta potencia lo que importa es abrir gas pronto. Decían que las 800 se podían pilotar como las dos y medio, pero no tiene nada que ver a lo que hacía yo con mi Aprilia. Ni mucho menos.

Now... loosely translated into Motorcycle Engrish:

Adapting to the bike has not come easy, but I believe I have step forward a bit more on this test. My biggest problem is braking. I brake to early looking for a fast corner entry and I have to do it the other way around. I have to brake late, get to the corner slow but get on the gas as quick as possible. with this kind of powerful bikes, the important thing is getting on the throttle as quick as possible to get the maximum power out of them. They said the 800 could be ridden like a 250 but this things have nothing to do with what I could do with my Aprilia, not even close.

This tells me that Superbike style of Edwards and toseland is still the way to go, even though they are not as point and shoot like the 990 were. Lorenzo is a Two time world champ so, I am sure he'll adjust quicker than most.

post #11 of 13 Old 11-20-2007, 08:31 PM

Quote:
This is from an Interview that as.com did with him:

Adapting to the bike has not come easy, but I believe I have step forward a bit more on this test. My biggest problem is braking. I brake to early looking for a fast corner entry and I have to do it the other way around. I have to brake late, get to the corner slow but get on the gas as quick as possible. with this kind of powerful bikes, the important thing is getting on the throttle as quick as possible to get the maximum power out of them. They said the 800 could be ridden like a 250 but this things have nothing to do with what I could do with my Aprilia, not even close.

This tells me that Superbike style of Edwards and toseland is still the way to go, even though they are not as point and shoot like the 990 were. Lorenzo is a Two time world champ so, I am sure he'll adjust quicker than most.
I agree with you, Lorenzo is good and judging by those pictures he has size on his side.

post #12 of 13 Old 11-22-2007, 01:51 PM

THis season is going to be crazy! New Bikes for lots of companies, rossi switching tires and then already talking to Ducati behind closed doors... Yes that is right - he has flat out said if Yamie does not fix the issues this year he is gone to Ducati..." For sure there is no way we should be 7 to 12 km slower than anyone " David Brivio ( Racing Director) told Vale that he was sorry for the way the year went, he knew Rossi did all he could to make that bike fast and Yamie let him done. I am very excited to see all the new riders and see what happens...I am ready to see what Hopper does on the Kwacker and RDP on the LCR Honda...

post #13 of 13 Old 11-22-2007, 01:53 PM
The "Eagle" Has Landed

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 3

Quote:
Yes! I am very bad with names!
Ummm.... you're not velly good with anything...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode