Lucky us! Qatar race broadcast times... - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 41 Old 03-10-2009, 11:16 AM Thread Starter
C'est la vie

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 2

Lucky us! Qatar race broadcast times...

In case you were looking for them, the two Superbike races from Qatar this weekend will be broadcast on Speed at 4 and 5pm Eastern on Saturday. Not Sunday.

The Supersport race, of course, will be broadcast on Tuesday. C'est la vie...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 41 Old 03-10-2009, 11:56 AM
Exhausted

Awards Showcase
Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 3

I guess we have to be happy same day coverage for both Superbike races. Don't get too comfortable with it though. They may need to show a repeat of Pinks, replay a Nascar race from a week ago, or some Nascar Nation show.

post #3 of 41 Old 03-10-2009, 11:59 AM
Tribunus Laticlavius

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation Donation 

Sweet, I have speed channel free for three months! It's going to be tough to go cold turkey after that! Thanks for the heads up!

post #4 of 41 Old 03-10-2009, 12:48 PM
Chuck Norris has lost in battle with this Member

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation 

post #5 of 41 Old 03-10-2009, 01:05 PM

Awards Showcase
Donation BOTM 

Sweet !

Sure wish they would give our Superbike that kind of deal --- Funny , while @ the Flat Track in Daytona, they made an announcment that they were getting on same day races, wonder why the Superbike series cant do that ,or were they just being overly optimistic ?

post #6 of 41 Old 03-10-2009, 01:15 PM
Stare into me...

Awards Showcase
Extraordinary Ride Donation Extraordinary Ride Donation 
Total Awards: 4

So has anybody found a good safe free IP BLocker so we can watch the races on the live stream?

post #7 of 41 Old 03-10-2009, 01:30 PM

Awards Showcase
Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDJAM View Post
So has anybody found a good safe free IP BLocker so we can watch the races on the live stream?
Did you try the method I posted on the other thread? I wasn't able because my new board took a dump and had to RMA and watching it from a laptop is not fun and even if I plug the laptop to my 22" LCD, at 1024 x 768 res I don't know if I want to watch it but I may try that.

Other than that, watching it on Sat, even if we get to watch half the laps because of the commercials, it will be better than nothing. I still will try to see if I can get the links like last time and watch it completely from the comfort of my TV.

post #8 of 41 Old 03-10-2009, 01:54 PM Thread Starter
C'est la vie

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC90 View Post
Did you try the method I posted on the other thread? I wasn't able because my new board took a dump and had to RMA and watching it from a laptop is not fun and even if I plug the laptop to my 22" LCD, at 1024 x 768 res I don't know if I want to watch it but I may try that.

Other than that, watching it on Sat, even if we get to watch half the laps because of the commercials, it will be better than nothing. I still will try to see if I can get the links like last time and watch it completely from the comfort of my TV.
I did try the site you posted and that only launched either the Infront player or the Eurosport feed and both of them are still blocked.

I'm hoping you're able to get links to the unblocked ondemand copy like last time and I will hold off watching my dvr's recordings until later Saturday night just in case you do.

In the meantime though, GDJAM, I will take a look around again one of these nights but I can't guarantee anything. The one I used that I posted the link to last time only had a 3 day trial and I wasn't too keen with it's operation so I won't waste my money on it. It did work, but I think it may have caused some issues with my computer. Supposedly this place Justin.tv has been streaming the live feed but I don't know anything about it. Between the WERA board and Speed's own forums, there's a lot of talking about how to watch the feed live. Shows how well Speed polices it's own forums... Morons.

post #9 of 41 Old 03-10-2009, 06:29 PM

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMulford View Post
I did try the site you posted and that only launched either the Infront player or the Eurosport feed and both of them are still blocked.
Ok, AFAIR, aside from going to that site, you had to download a client to view the races, did you do that as well?

If not, go back to the site, look for the clients and or search for TVANTSSETUP.EXE, download and run. According to the same guy from whom I got the links to the races, that site showed the race.

Quote:
I'm hoping you're able to get links to the unblocked ondemand copy like last time and I will hold off watching my dvr's recordings until later Saturday night just in case you do.
I am hoping that the links will come in before the speed telecast as I don't have a dvr and I don't want to take a chance of not watching it. Do you know at what time (EST) is the first race?

Quote:
In the meantime though, GDJAM, I will take a look around again one of these nights but I can't guarantee anything. The one I used that I posted the link to last time only had a 3 day trial and I wasn't too keen with it's operation so I won't waste my money on it. It did work, but I think it may have caused some issues with my computer. Supposedly this place Justin.tv has been streaming the live feed but I don't know anything about it. Between the WERA board and Speed's own forums, there's a lot of talking about how to watch the feed live. Shows how well Speed polices it's own forums... Morons.
Finding, using or being able to find a working proxie is like XX being skinny or Aquila Not being ghei... know what I mean?

post #10 of 41 Old 03-10-2009, 06:37 PM

Awards Showcase

OK, here's what the guys says to do, if a mod is reading this, it would be a good idea to make a nicke Sticky of both threads to show other folks how to watch this.

just watched race 2 live for free...

i hope it works this easy all year, here's how ===>> Just install TvAnts (google it) and look at myp2p.eu then follow the tags - live sports - motorsports - weekdays,saturday,sunday... then if you see the race on the schedule click on the little tv/arrow.

then just choose one from the list...

the one on zee sports was in english

free and live as long as you don't mind staying up late. don't overlook the timezone tag at the top, it helps...

post #11 of 41 Old 03-10-2009, 06:45 PM Thread Starter
C'est la vie

Awards Showcase

No, I didn't do any of that. I just clicked the link. I will definitely be following those there directions this week before qualifying though, thanks!

In case it doesn't, the Speed broadcasts are at 4 and 5pm Eastern Saturday.

post #12 of 41 Old 03-10-2009, 07:03 PM

Awards Showcase

OK, I just went to the site and using Tvant, I was able to find this... the only thing to know now is what are those time from.

EDIT: Ok, if you go to the main page of myP2P.eu and change the time zone to your zone, then you go to the tags Livesports/Motorsports... you will find that the time is on your time zone.

I just got one little question. Usually on all the forums I visit, EST is usually - 5:00 GMT but, on the myP2P.eu site, they list EST as - 4:00 GMT... what gives with that?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg QatarWSBK.jpg (174.1 KB, 5 views)

post #13 of 41 Old 03-10-2009, 10:21 PM Thread Starter
C'est la vie

Awards Showcase

We're in daylight savings time now.

post #14 of 41 Old 03-11-2009, 08:23 AM

Awards Showcase

Quote:
We're in daylight savings time now.
Yep, it dawned on me after I posted that... Doh!

post #15 of 41 Old 03-11-2009, 08:36 AM
Tribunus Laticlavius

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation Donation 

RC90,
So canceling your cable motivated you to find us this gem!
The Paris-Nice aka Tour de France warmup is on now!

post #16 of 41 Old 03-11-2009, 11:55 AM

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream View Post
RC90,
So canceling your cable motivated you to find us this gem!
The Paris-Nice aka Tour de France warmup is on now!
Well, I don't, ok... yeah!

post #17 of 41 Old 03-12-2009, 09:41 AM
Exhausted

Awards Showcase

Spies fastest in first session. He's never seen this track! This kid is good.

post #18 of 41 Old 03-12-2009, 09:45 AM Thread Starter
C'est la vie

Awards Showcase

You beat me by like 2 minutes! I can't friggin' wait. Though this track hasn't been so good for Ducati the last 2 years. I so wish Troy had held off his retirement for one more year...

Edit:
And it looks like Ten Kate really did figure something out like Ronald said in the pre-race release.

post #19 of 41 Old 03-12-2009, 11:38 AM

Awards Showcase

Were you guys able to see it from the site or just read it somewhere? I am still having some issues with time zones, etc.

I registered and input my time zone but I am still sure if the times there are Their time zone or mine.

I see two practices for tomorrow Friday, hopefully, I am going to be able to see one of them at least.

You have got to believe that the Spies doing so good in practice has to wreak Havoc on the other riders minds

post #20 of 41 Old 03-12-2009, 12:15 PM
Exhausted

Awards Showcase

Yeah I have already hearing some smack talk by the English folks on the Aprilia Forum. Hmmm it's not the bike because Tom Sykes is in nowhere land. It looks like Rea may have something for Spies. He was fast last race too.

post #21 of 41 Old 03-12-2009, 12:28 PM

Awards Showcase
Donation BOTM 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuonoR6 View Post
Yeah I have already hearing some smack talk by the English folks on the Aprilia Forum.
No ?!?!?!?!

GO BEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

post #22 of 41 Old 03-13-2009, 09:59 AM
Exhausted

Awards Showcase

Ben two poles in a row. Still can't watch it on SBKTV. I was up and saw live Superpole nodda. I watching the timing sheet instead. Shaping up to be another good race.

post #23 of 41 Old 03-13-2009, 10:55 AM

Awards Showcase

I was able to watch a bit of either Practice or Superpole (today at 8:30 am EST) but the streaming was extremely slow or I was doing something in my computer that it was taking all of my resources... perhaps the latter.

Anyway tounor6 and others, do a google search for TVANTS, download it and install it, this is one of the clients that will let you see the races.

Even though you see WorldSBK showned on myP2P.eu or their site, the US is blocked so you won't get to see it live.

post #24 of 41 Old 03-13-2009, 11:20 AM Thread Starter
C'est la vie

Awards Showcase

Gonna' do that tonight so I'm ready when my alarm goes off at 4:45 tomorrow morning!

post #25 of 41 Old 03-13-2009, 12:04 PM

Awards Showcase

Crap, yeah... the 1st WSBK race start at 5:00 AM, followed by Supersport at 6:30 AM and the 2nd WSBK race at 8:30 AM.

I don't think I'm going to make it for this one but I'll try, hopefully, my laptop and new broadband will be up to the task!

Times posted are EST so those of you on the East Coast just... don't go to bed

post #26 of 41 Old 03-14-2009, 05:15 AM

Awards Showcase

Dammit, I just woke up and I only see the telecast from worldsbk open and nobody else.

cmulford, if you're up,e-mail me your msn messenger if you want to shoot the shiot or if you can't watch the races, if not... bite me!

post #27 of 41 Old 03-14-2009, 05:18 AM Thread Starter
C'est la vie

Awards Showcase

I was up but I couldn't get TVAnt to work and while I was still trying I missed that someone had posted a link to the live feed on 13x and when I clicked on it there was only 4 laps left so I shut it off. Gonna' have to wait and see if someone gets the links for the full races later today and watch them or deal with Speed.

post #28 of 41 Old 03-14-2009, 05:39 AM

Awards Showcase

yeah, SS is not up on tvants, i'll wait until 8:30 am I guess

post #29 of 41 Old 03-14-2009, 06:32 AM

Awards Showcase

IT IS ON BABY!!!

2nd wsbk, a bit jumpy and I hate the fact that you don't have any way of pausing or stopping the race but... beggars can't be choosers!

post #30 of 41 Old 03-14-2009, 06:37 AM Thread Starter
C'est la vie

Awards Showcase

Arrrrrgggghhhh!!! I hate you right now!

post #31 of 41 Old 03-14-2009, 07:19 AM

Awards Showcase

Well, I need to find out how I can make the feed buffer ahead a little more because, even though, the stuttering got much better as the race progress, I was still suffering from buffering pauses every lap or so (it was half a lap before). On the other hand, not having to endure the US commentators and the commercials makes this an Awesome telecast!

If we can watch both MotoGP & WSBK like this... I'll be a happy camper.

CMulford, shouldn't your avatar dude be a little blue now? or is he just green with envy!

Spoiler:
Well, the race got pretty boring after a few laps and once Ben got to the front but it came back alive on the last couple of races when Haga & biaggi were fighting for 2nd spot.

Hated the fact that the commentators let everyone and their mother know what happened on the first race so, there is no need to watch it but, I just may if I can find a live link to download later.

So, Ben's only 15 points behind Haga now and if he keeps this up, he could be the championship leader by the end of Valencia. It sure looks mighty black for the rest of the riders this season but, as happy as I am for Ben to stumping on the competition, it does not make for good races.

I am going to have to wish for slow starts so, at the very least, he can make the wins exciting to watch

RACE 1 IS BACK ON AGAIN ON ZEE SPORTS AND MUCH CRISPIER THAN THE LIVE TELECAST!!!

post #32 of 41 Old 03-14-2009, 04:04 PM
Legatus Legionis

Awards Showcase
Community Leadership Donation Donation Community Leadership 
Total Awards: 6

Spoiler:
Spies + Yamaha's big bang YZF R-1 = Double Winning combination. Not too shabby for a rookie

post #33 of 41 Old 03-14-2009, 06:35 PM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

Awards Showcase
Donation 
Total Awards: 1

OK, why is no one talking about this? Do we have to wait or something?

'02 Honda 919 - She's the only one for me!

post #34 of 41 Old 03-17-2009, 06:37 AM
Exhausted

Awards Showcase

Good on Ben. This kid is the real deal. Before the season started Bayliss tipped him as the biggest threat to win the championship. We'll see what happens at Valencia. The Yamaha is down on top speed imagine when they get that thing running to it's potential!!

post #35 of 41 Old 03-17-2009, 08:45 AM

Awards Showcase

I am happy for Ben but if he continues to stump on the competition, we are in for a very boring season.

I am kinda hoping that he will botch the starts so we can see some good ole racing, if anything... for half the race!

post #36 of 41 Old 03-17-2009, 09:39 AM
Exhausted

Awards Showcase

The second race was abit of snooze fest. It was fun watching Biaggi & Haga duke it out. That usually end in tears with Biaggi. He has taken a few out in his time WSBK.
I agree I don't want it boring and hope a few guys add to mix. A few of the guys Bryne, Rea, Kiyonari, & Nuerchriner should be near the front soon enough

post #37 of 41 Old 03-17-2009, 10:37 AM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

Awards Showcase
Donation 
Total Awards: 1

I don't know, maybe its just me, but I kinda like the thought of a good ole' American boy stomping the competition and spoiling the world's party. Ben can slow it down next year and make it more interesting.

'02 Honda 919 - She's the only one for me!

post #38 of 41 Old 03-17-2009, 01:38 PM
NC Sasquatch

Awards Showcase
Trackday Recognition Veteran 

Things will be tighter in Spain.

But..... If Ben runs away with it at Valencia......

....it's over.

post #39 of 41 Old 03-17-2009, 05:27 PM
Il bambino e un cani

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation Veteran Donation 
Total Awards: 4

Ben has got skillz out the wazoo...but we've all seen guys come out like a lion and end up like a lamb at the end of the season. I wish him the best....he's gotta be glad to be away from that douche....ehhh...what's his name
JohnnyB

post #40 of 41 Old 03-17-2009, 05:50 PM Thread Starter
C'est la vie

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyB View Post
...he's gotta be glad to be away from that douche....ehhh...what's his name

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode