Kenny Roberts speaks... - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 4 Old 01-27-2006, 06:00 AM Thread Starter

Awards Showcase
Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 2

Kenny Roberts speaks...

I found this nice write-up in CycleNews about KR and the new KR211V. I particularly like this insert:

Quote:
Kenny Sr. said he’d like to continue the relationship with Honda into the future, when the motors are downsized to 800cc. He also said he’d like to talk to Honda about competing in the AMA Superbike Championship.

http://www.cyclenews.com/ShowStory.asp?HeadlineID=8718

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 01-27-2006, 06:18 AM
Site Founder

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Extraordinary Ride Trackday Recognition Extraordinary Ride 
Total Awards: 6

I just can't exactly figure out why I don't have any real liking for this team. I like the grass roots, root for the underdog, trying to hang with the big boys philosophy, but something just rubs me the wrong way about the team.

Might be something like the statement:
"Overall, Roberts said he “could be happier, but I’m not disappointed yet either. I could be happier. Of course, we could be first, but not with our bike at the moment."

Going from the Proton joke to Honda power and he "could be happier"???
Maybe it's just me but KR Proton was the laughing stock of motoGP, now the guy is working with some of the best in the industry and he "could be happier"?? How about hiring a friggin' rider who knows how to ride better and whine less?

He "could be happier"?? Yeah, so could I. Got a point?

post #3 of 4 Old 01-27-2006, 10:12 AM
C'est la vie

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 

Wow, that takes some balls to through out that sarcasm with regards to Honda 'competing' in the AMA when you'd like to keep using their engines beyond your current contract.

post #4 of 4 Old 01-27-2006, 10:36 AM Thread Starter

Awards Showcase
Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 

Well, Politically Correctnes has never been Kenny's strong suit but he is no dummy I can tell you that. He's kinda kissing up to Honda (but looking into the future) about the continuating with the Honda relationship because he knows that it would take him a lot of $$$ to make an 800cc MotoGP motor just to be behind the 8 ball when he can slap a Honda 800cc motor and be competitive right of the crate.

I do like the idea of Honda giving him a Sattelite team to compete in the AMA and I believe that that is what he's trying to say? I wouldn't, also, mind the idea of him getting the 1000RR motors and doing his own frame for AMA, now... wouldn't that be cool? I think so.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode