NC Sasquatch

Awards Showcase
Trackday Recognition Veteran 
Total Awards: 2

Josh Hayes WSS for 09......and 08 !!!

Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.

10/09/08 09:30
Josh Hayes joins Parkalgar Honda

AMERICAN double AMA Formula Extreme Champion Josh Hayes will join the Parkalgar Honda World Supersport team for the last three rounds of the 2008 season.

Hayes, 33, from Gulfport, Mississippi, is a regular front runner in the US AMA Supersport 600 and Formula Extreme Championships, having won five out of the last six races he has entered. That experience on a Honda CBR600 will stand by him as he makes his World Supersport debut for Parkalgar Honda.

“I am looking to show the world what I can achieve,” said Hayes. “My plan was always to graduate to World level but once I got a reputation for being good on a 600 in the US, it made sense to keep me there. Now I have a chance and I’m going to take it.

“Everything about the Parkalgar Honda team is top notch. It runs similar Motec electronics, Ohlins suspension and engine specification as my Formula Extreme bike so I aim to adapt quickly. I don’t know any of the circuits that we are visiting but I learn quickly and will be giving it my all.

“Thanks to Kevin Erion and Dunlop for being so understanding with my ambition to run in the World Championship, without their support this move would not be possible. Thanks also to Parkalgar Honda for this opportunity, I will be doing my best to get good results and I am looking forward to competing in Europe.”

Hayes started racing in the US AMA series in 1999 and won the Daytona 750 Superstock race that year. In 2003 he was the 750 Superstock Champion and in 2006 and 2007 the Formula Extreme Champion.

Simon Buckmaster, Parkalgar Honda Team Manager, said: “We are delighted to have Josh on board for the final three rounds of the World Championship. He is a rider with big ambitions and a racing pedigree - the step up to World level will give him the chance to test himself against the best riders in the world.”

Josh will join regular Parkalgar Honda Portuguese racer Miguel Praia for his first outing at the 11th round of the World Supersport Championship at Vallelunga in Italy on 21st September. The team is planning a UK based test for the racer before the race so he can be fitted to his CBR600RR race bike.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 37 Old 09-10-2008, 09:35 AM

Awards Showcase
Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 

Yep, I am glad he's going to be doing that, unfortunately for us, God only knows when we will be able to watch those races.

With the new AMA rules for 2009, we're going to be seeing a lot of the US regulars moving to the WSBK scene and I am glad for that... perhaps now we can have SuckTV show the races on Sunday.

post #3 of 37 Old 09-10-2008, 09:54 AM

Awards Showcase
Donation BOTM 

This is a great move for Josh - BUT - poor guy STILL cant catch a break for a real superbike ride - josh is easily one of the best racers around right now that hasnt had a chance to really show everyone what he is made of .
Good luck Josh !

post #4 of 37 Old 09-10-2008, 10:47 AM
C'est la vie

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 

YES! I'm so wicked psyched for him you have no idea. If WSS isn't part of the show at Miller next year then I'm totally going to one of the races in England. Who's with me?

post #5 of 37 Old 09-10-2008, 04:19 PM

OK. Call me stupid but where does it say in that article that Josh will be racing for them in '09?

post #6 of 37 Old 09-10-2008, 11:52 PM
Corner speed sets u free

Garage

Awards Showcase
Trackday Recognition Donation Veteran 
Total Awards: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by angela155 View Post
OK. Call me stupid but where does it say in that article that Josh will be racing for them in '09?
Good point they are either a) having a look at him before they make a final decision b) giving him an opportunity to show other teams what he's got so that maybe they will offer him a full time ride. i dunno i think he'll do well or go down trying. The force is strong with that one.

post #7 of 37 Old 09-11-2008, 05:57 PM

Josh will definitely give it his all. I am super excited for him to get this chance. I just hope he gets a WSB ride out of it and not a WSS ride. He is talented on a motorcycle and a great guy to boot. Unfortunately, he's definitely been overlooked by the factory teams here in the US.

post #8 of 37 Old 09-19-2008, 11:12 AM
C'est la vie

Awards Showcase

It's wet at Vallelunga, but Josh was 11th fastest in the 1st practice and 13th in the first qualifying (ahead of Pitt in 15th mind you). I can't friggin' wait to get home from work on Tuesday to see him race the foreigners!

post #9 of 37 Old 09-20-2008, 06:45 AM
C'est la vie

Awards Showcase

Qualifying just finished for Supersport and Josh ended up 12th. They showed most of his two fast laps at the end up until he got held up a little on the second and fastest lap where he had gone through the first sector in 5th. He looked real good on those laps too, like he does on his FX bike. I'm thinking he's just about there and with a little tweak tonight he's gonna' be in the fight tomorrow!

post #10 of 37 Old 09-21-2008, 06:57 AM
C'est la vie

Awards Showcase

In case anyone was wondering for future knowledge (the last two race weekends coming up). You can watch the Live broadcast of the Superbike and Supersport races (as well as practice and qualifying) on the worldsbk.com website. You just can't watch the races On Demand until after Speed shows them I presume because you can watch all the other races from this season On Demand there now. It's not the best quality, but now I don't have to wait until Tuesdays before being able to go on the Soup, RRW, MCN, Speed etc. websites.

post #11 of 37 Old 10-21-2008, 09:04 PM

too bad he got beat by a bunch of privateers at the ASRA event at Daytona...

http://www.ccsracing.us/results/2008...%20Results.htm

i mean a damn good race... running 7 wide across the finish line every lap... it was bad ass!!!!

post #12 of 37 Old 10-22-2008, 07:06 AM

Awards Showcase
Donation BOTM 

Wasnt he riding Melissas bike that had already done 2 or 3 races that day ?

post #13 of 37 Old 10-22-2008, 08:15 AM
C'est la vie

Awards Showcase

I believe so. I think that's her number and that's what he's usually riding when not on any of his bikes.

I love Daytona for the craziness from the chicane to turn 1 because it's seriously entertaining but I also hate it because the best rider might get pipped in a draft situation.

post #14 of 37 Old 11-03-2008, 09:19 AM
C'est la vie

Awards Showcase

In case nobody watched yesterdays race live like I did, then set your DVRs to record the World Supersport race on Speed tomorrow. I think it's worth watching. That Algarve track is amazing too! Lot's of floating front wheel action even with the 600's.

post #15 of 37 Old 11-03-2008, 09:23 AM

Awards Showcase
Donation BOTM 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMulford View Post
In case nobody watched yesterdays race live like I did, then set your DVRs to record the World Supersport race on Speed tomorrow. I think it's worth watching. That Algarve track is amazing too! Lot's of floating front wheel action even with the 600's.
How did you watch it live ? Do you have a WSBK website membership ? Josh kicked some butt yesterday !

post #16 of 37 Old 11-03-2008, 09:27 AM
Stare into me...

Awards Showcase
Extraordinary Ride Donation Extraordinary Ride Donation 
Total Awards: 4

tnx for the reminder dude...I'm all dvr'd up

post #17 of 37 Old 11-03-2008, 11:22 AM
C'est la vie

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ohno View Post
How did you watch it live ? Do you have a WSBK website membership ? Josh kicked some butt yesterday !
No, they don't do that anymore. It's just free now. They also have practice, qualifying and superpole shown live. The only thing is that you can only watch it live/streaming until like a week or so later for Speed to show the races. Then they have it available to watch on demand. The quality isn't great, but you don't have to wait until Tuesday or later to see the races on Speed (assuming you can get up in time to watch them). I didn't know this until the second British round in September and I happened to go on the website that Saturday morning and saw the display in the middle say "Watch Superpole Live Now" and clicked on it to have the player launch and bingo, I'm watching Superpole commentated by the regular WSBK tv guys. I about punched myself for not discovering it sooner.

Here's to next year!

post #18 of 37 Old 11-03-2008, 03:40 PM
Stare into me...

Awards Showcase

I just checked it out. I just punched myself. Watching a wet Superpole (did I just say that?) right now...................

post #19 of 37 Old 11-03-2008, 03:49 PM
Stare into me...

Awards Showcase

BTW this series is gonna be interesting next year...lotsa new faces from America and the UK....the loss of Bayliss.....and the usual mix of GP cast-offs, WSC vets, etc.....

post #20 of 37 Old 11-03-2008, 05:20 PM
C'est la vie

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDJAM View Post
Watching a wet Superpole (did I just say that?) right now...................
Bayliss got lucky and went out at the perfect time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDJAM View Post
BTW this series is gonna be interesting next year...lotsa new faces from America and the UK....the loss of Bayliss.....and the usual mix of GP cast-offs, WSC vets, etc.....
Oh yeah, next year is gonna' be ridiculous! Soup has a sound bite of the next year's R1 Superbike. That friggin' thing sounds amazing! I need to win the lotto. Spies and Sykes tearing around on that. Haga and Fabrizio on the Ducs. Biaggi and Nakano on the Aprillias. Checa, Kiyonari and Rea on the Hondas and then Xaus and Corser on the Bimmers. Every single one capable of winning and any moment. Then the other BSB guys which could be up there too. The sound of that freight train down the straights will be insane!

And I still stand by what I said before, if Hayes gets a ride in WSBK or WSSP I'm going to Donnington Park next year! If not, maybe I'll just go to Miller.

post #21 of 37 Old 11-04-2008, 07:03 AM

Awards Showcase
Donation BOTM 

Quote:
Bayliss got lucky and went out at the perfect time.

And I still stand by what I said before, if Hayes gets a ride in WSBK or WSSP I'm going to Donnington Park next year! If not, maybe I'll just go to Miller.

You make it sound like Miller is a second rate place , Its not ! Ive been to Miller twice and can not wait for this year ! its easly one of THE best tracks in the states, the folks who live/work thier are just awesome and its just a great place to visit - Ill be booking my trip in january !

post #22 of 37 Old 11-04-2008, 08:46 AM
C'est la vie

Awards Showcase

Sorry, totally not knocking Miller. That's definitely one of the places where I want to see a race. I just want to get the real WSBK experience and see it on foreign soil and since I can speak English fairly well I was thinking that England was the best place to do so. That and I want to see the UK anyway. Actually, I think World Supersport will be at Miller this year too so I might hold off my international travel plans for another year and do Miller this year to save myself a few bucks.

post #23 of 37 Old 11-04-2008, 08:52 AM

Awards Showcase
Donation BOTM 

I was just

Its a great facility - next best thing to goin overseas !

post #24 of 37 Old 11-04-2008, 09:09 AM

Awards Showcase
Donation BOTM 

post #25 of 37 Old 11-04-2008, 11:20 AM
C'est la vie

Awards Showcase

Ah, ya' beat me to it. I was just coming to post that.

I'll go with my second link to post then.....
Soup link... I'm thinking Ben is most definitely going to be up there fighting for the championship next year.

Looks like I'm going to Miller!!!!

post #26 of 37 Old 11-04-2008, 11:32 AM
Heavy Metal

Awards Showcase
Donation Extraordinary Ride Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 5

will be fun to watch what happens...if i can watch, have all but given up on TV coverage

post #27 of 37 Old 11-04-2008, 11:46 AM
Stare into me...

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Ah, ya' beat me to it. I was just coming to post that.

I'll go with my second link to post then.....
Soup link... I'm thinking Ben is most definitely going to be up there fighting for the championship next year.

Looks like I'm going to Miller!!!!
In a way I'm glad he'll be here in the US, especially if it means he can put bread on the table.....maybe he can still land a Factory gig here, even if it's "only" in supersport........

post #28 of 37 Old 11-08-2008, 11:16 AM

Awards Showcase

I might be a bit late with this, but ...

Hey, Sofoglu... irre.gif

post #29 of 37 Old 11-08-2008, 02:49 PM
C'est la vie

Awards Showcase

Ditto! I used to be a fan of Kenan's, but that was just being childish and I'll be hoping Pitt kicks his high pitched ass next year.

I want Sebastian back! And I want to see Josh get a wild card ride at Miller next year so he can put Kenan in his place and hand him his arse!

post #30 of 37 Old 11-11-2008, 04:44 PM

Awards Showcase

Chris, were you able to find a good live stream source for next year? I went to worldsbk.com but couldn't even see where we could become members or buy next year's live transmissions.

I thought you had mentioned somewhere that you had found the hook up but I can't find the post now... What gives?

post #31 of 37 Old 11-11-2008, 05:11 PM
C'est la vie

Awards Showcase

WorldSBK.com is the hook up. They don't do the subscriber thing anymore. They just show it live to whoever wants it for free. You just go to their website and when the stream is available that window in the middle turns to "Watch ______ Live Now." You click the window and it launches a separate player window. The video quality isn't the best but you can make it full screen by right clicking on the video and going to Zoom - Full Screen. You can check out the video quality by going to the SBK.tv button across the header. There you can watch the entire last season of races, Superpoles and 1st Timed sessions which I think is actually either the Saturday morning practices or Saturday afternoon practice/2nd Qualifying practice.

Of course, this is all assuming they don't up and decide to change everything this winter...

post #32 of 37 Old 11-11-2008, 06:08 PM

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Of course, this is all assuming they don't up and decide to change everything this winter...
Yeah, with the lineup for next year... what are the odds huh!

Oh well, keep our fingers cross they will give it to us for free, even though, I wouldn't mind paying ahead for assurance that SpeedTV won't screw us again.

post #33 of 37 Old 11-14-2008, 01:04 PM

Awards Showcase
Donation BOTM 

post #34 of 37 Old 11-14-2008, 01:28 PM
C'est la vie

Awards Showcase

Damn you, that's twice now you've beaten me to post up the news!
I was just coming to put up the Soup Link...
I also like that he'll be getting a shot at the 200 as well. 2009 might not be all that bad!

That new bike is something else. I guess it's time to start making plans to get my arse to Miller.

post #35 of 37 Old 11-14-2008, 01:51 PM

Awards Showcase

So, will the rules changed or will they stay the same? I have not kept with the soap operas as of late.

I would have loved to see in duking it out on WSS but I guess we can't have it both ways.

post #36 of 37 Old 11-14-2008, 02:08 PM
C'est la vie

Awards Showcase

The rules have changed. I just don't remember what they are exactly now. The actual Superbikes (American Superbike) is a lesser spec than the Superbikes of '08 so it'll be a free for all that I'm thinking Yamaha might have the perfect bike for.

post #37 of 37 Old 11-17-2008, 09:12 PM

Awards Showcase

Wow, I beat 2ohno and CMulford with this one.

http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/...&article=35021

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode