Future Racing Stars - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 3 Old 09-24-2007, 07:12 PM Thread Starter
Living the dream

Future Racing Stars

So I was in a wedding Saturday and could only attend the AMA Grand National Finals on Sunday.

Reports were some good racing on Saturday. I was going to watch a good friend's son race. He blew a clutch on his 125 in the 125cc race on Saturday. His teammate was taken out during the race so not a good Saturday. The kids were looking forward to a good day Sunday.

All the racing was great. The kids are super fast and just want to have fun. Some of the other races were some of the best I have seen. Took a lot of pics but we went mostly to see Ryan race. Remember these names: Ryan Matter and Benny Solis, Jr. They will be stars in the future.

Ryan's first race Sunday was the 85cc GP race. Some of you know my friend JJ and what he does for a living so his bike stays maintained and set up very well.

Ryan ran very well and was pulling Hayden Gillam on the straights. Everyone says Ryan got him at the line but he is such a great kid he didn't argue the win.

Humble pie...he turns a better time on his 85 than I do on my TL...

He graciously took 2nd even though he knew he got him by 1/2 a wheel.

Even thanked all the sponsors.

Next race was the 250 race on his 125. Benny ran it also along with Melissa Paris. She did tell me Josh was healing well. She came to victory circle after the kids race and talked to us a bit.

These kids are naturals and comfortable on the bikes. Benny got 9th on his 125 and Ryan was inside the top 20 in a field of almost 50 riders. Most on 250s and this was Ryan's 2nd time on a 125 in a race. He broke his leg 8 weeks ago in Portland in Qualifying.

Ryan tucked in...

Benny working his way forward

What do you do when you complete your first 250 race in front of lots of people with more experience....

Then the kids proceeded to build a track with duct tape and play with toy motorcycles. Great to see. I sure hope JJ can get some sponsorship cause Ryan is a good rider and deserves a shot.

Here are a few other pics..

Did Johnny B design this catch pan??

Evad...note the e-brake!!!

What to do during track down time...

Reminder I was in a wedding with a guy from my DJ crew...for those who don't know me. I am second from the right.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 09-24-2007, 07:20 PM

Awards Showcase
Veteran 
Total Awards: 1

nice photo work. cool pics

post #3 of 3 Old 09-24-2007, 08:19 PM

Here is a better photo of the e-brake. That thing had a Volkswagon motor in it!

Those kids were amazing. Saw some great racing and met great new people, if you get a chance go to a USGPRU or other amatuer race. Those people put on a show.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode