Finally... - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 40 Old 04-05-2008, 01:09 PM Thread Starter
Those 2 Mofos Rollin

Finally...

Finally it looks like its really going to happen.
i talked a bunch of guys i ride with into getting their gear and doing trackdays.
My game was so good, they all thought i was a track veteran, until i told them ive never been.
Anyway, long story short these bastids selected NESBA, even tho i wanted to do TPM, then they selected a date that i couldnt make, and they went to the track, while i was stuck at work, those twits.

anyway we finally found a date, where im off on a weekend and wont be missing work or classes that we can all go.

the bad part i got to wait all the way till June 8th to ride Summit, jefferson course. Th egood news is, i have a ride, a few buddies, and im already paid and ready to go and i just installed a HRC quick throttle on the bike last night, so needless to say, I CANT FRICKIN WAIT!!!

im considering doing one with someone else before that, but so far its not looking possible just yet. i still want to break my track virginity on VIR but at this point, anything without guardrails, curbs, cars and a smoot surface, will make me happy.

yaaayyy for me, woopppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Buy my Pirelli supercorsa takeoffs. sizes 120/180
Quote:
Originally Posted by McCrimmon View Post
...I'm slowly prepping the FZ...Goin to VIR with NESBA most likely next year since they are reasonably priced
^ Mark his words.

My 1000RR

Im on another forum.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 40 Old 04-06-2008, 05:23 PM

Awards Showcase
Trackday Recognition 
Total Awards: 1

you put a quick throttle on a 1000RR? wow that's bravery dog

post #3 of 40 Old 04-06-2008, 06:12 PM
Bitten

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Community Leadership Extraordinary Ride Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 4

Let me know if you need anything.

My trailer is avalable...

Virginia Beach Remodeling
Spoiler:
Ride In Peace Marcus Randolph (Kahuna) 12/17/06

post #4 of 40 Old 04-06-2008, 06:36 PM

Awards Showcase
Trackday Recognition 

oh yeah, and once you go... you'll understand my signature

post #5 of 40 Old 04-07-2008, 06:49 AM

Awards Showcase
Donation 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueblur View Post
you put a quick throttle on a 1000RR? wow that's bravery dog
I think I'd stick a 2x4 under the gas pedal my first trip there to start with.

post #6 of 40 Old 04-07-2008, 08:19 AM

Awards Showcase
Donation BOTM 
Total Awards: 2

Welcome to the additciton ! your going to LOVE the track, only thing, you are probally going to want a smaller bike , that 1k is going to wear you out! Just get ready, you will be passed by some racer guy on a SV650 !

post #7 of 40 Old 04-07-2008, 08:23 AM
Power 2 the pedal

Awards Showcase
Extraordinary Ride Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 6

congrats Snik! You of all people will appreciate the track and what it can yield. Have fun with it and don't get over your head with that 1KRR.

post #8 of 40 Old 04-07-2008, 10:03 AM Thread Starter
Those 2 Mofos Rollin

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueblur View Post
you put a quick throttle on a 1000RR? wow that's bravery dog.

oh yeah, and once you go... you'll understand my signature
yep and i weight less than 150lbs
-1/+2 was starting to feel a bit lazy since i couldnt readily tap into the full power, it hard to adjust and grab another wrictfull when your not going dead straight.

i think i already understand your signature, remember im the most addicted track junkie thats never been to the track.

Quote:
Let me know if you need anything.
shoot im trying to get that thing mounted and balanced before the track day.

Quote:
Welcome to the additciton ! your going to LOVE the track, only thing, you are probally going to want a smaller bike , that 1k is going to wear you out! Just get ready, you will be passed by some racer guy on a SV650 !
im already expecting 250s to be making me look like im parked in the corners.
my philosophy is this, if i can keep up with the 600s around a tight track, i must be one helluva rider, in the streets the average joe on a 600 doesnt have anything for me, so if i get to that level with some hardcore track junkies, then at that point, i'll be the mawfukin man. plus its good PT.

Quote:
congrats Snik! You of all people will appreciate the track and what it can yield. Have fun with it and don't get over your head with that 1KRR.
right now thats the only challenge, because that thing is just so much fun in the twisties i may get too exceited and get carried away at the track.

i think im gonna tape mental notes to my tank and dash.

June just cantget here soon enough tho boy, hopefully all this cold and rain can go away so i can get some miles on my quick throttle and get used to it.

Quote:
...I'm slowly prepping the FZ...Goin to VIR with NESBA most likely next year since they are reasonably priced
^ Mark his words.

My 1000RR

Im on another forum.
post #9 of 40 Old 05-04-2008, 09:43 PM Thread Starter
Those 2 Mofos Rollin

Well they procastinated until the trackday got booked out. So I won't be going with all the "crew" it'll just be 2 of us. No worries tho, lighter load, less gas and less bs.

I bought that dave moss dvd and we watched it and 3 of us set our sag on our suspensions. My forks were dead on, rear was about 1/4" out.

The HRC throttle is addictive. So addictive I find myself using more gas and breaking the law almost constantly. Rode the twisties with it once, the drive out of turns is just SICK.

That's it for me. Working on a few cool parts and maybe valve adjustment and mapping, but money's been short lately, I got to slow down on mods for the car.

Quote:
^ Mark his words.

My 1000RR

Im on another forum.
post #10 of 40 Old 05-04-2008, 09:47 PM Thread Starter
Those 2 Mofos Rollin

Will any of u be at summit that weekend?

My number will be 777 hit me up if u r there.

Quote:
^ Mark his words.

My 1000RR

Im on another forum.
post #11 of 40 Old 06-04-2008, 11:46 AM Thread Starter
Those 2 Mofos Rollin

Well when it was all done, the other guys BSed until it got fully booked out, and only 3 of us were set. Then the 3rd guy crashed about a month ago, incedentally, it was just the 3 of us tha were riding that day. Well he tore up the bike, totalled it out, I don't know how he afforded full coverage anyway, but good for him. He also suffered a concussion, and ocassionally up to now, is still having headaches. So he's done riding. So he says atleast. So only 2 of us will be riding sunday. Another friend is coming a long to snap pics and help out here and there.

We leave at around noon saturday. Man I can frikin wait. I'm itching like a mofo. it can get here soon enough. Aaagggghhhhh

Quote:
^ Mark his words.

My 1000RR

Im on another forum.
post #12 of 40 Old 06-04-2008, 11:57 AM Thread Starter
Those 2 Mofos Rollin

Weather forecast looks good. Itchin baby, itching

Quote:
^ Mark his words.

My 1000RR

Im on another forum.
post #13 of 40 Old 06-04-2008, 12:04 PM
Bitten

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Community Leadership Extraordinary Ride Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 

lol

Enjoy!

Spoiler:
post #14 of 40 Old 06-04-2008, 12:55 PM

Awards Showcase
Trackday Recognition 

heh just got back from my latest fix at Roebling Road in Savannah (2755ft long front straight btw...). you're worse than I am!

post #15 of 40 Old 06-04-2008, 01:11 PM Thread Starter
Those 2 Mofos Rollin

Man, the anticipation is about as high as new poontang. Lolz. Jefferson has what I consider virtually no straight aways. So I'm gonna be leaned over all day. Its gonna be great. I'm so excited, I feel like a kid going to the circus.

Quote:
^ Mark his words.

My 1000RR

Im on another forum.
post #16 of 40 Old 06-04-2008, 01:24 PM

Awards Showcase
Trackday Recognition 

that's cool. should be a fun track for ya. just keep the beast tame and you'll have a blast!

post #17 of 40 Old 06-05-2008, 07:25 PM Thread Starter
Those 2 Mofos Rollin

thursday night baby...... woooooo weeeee
almost friday then i gather gear and stuff, final checks and get ready for the journey.

Quote:
^ Mark his words.

My 1000RR

Im on another forum.
post #18 of 40 Old 06-09-2008, 03:37 PM Thread Starter
Those 2 Mofos Rollin

i have a new addict

Quote:
^ Mark his words.

My 1000RR

Im on another forum.
post #19 of 40 Old 06-09-2008, 06:15 PM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

Awards Showcase
Donation 

What, no info?

'02 Honda 919 - She's the only one for me!

post #20 of 40 Old 06-09-2008, 06:54 PM Thread Starter
Those 2 Mofos Rollin

hahah, ok, well it was shot, i mean hot. like im lik ea lizard, i really dont sweat except when doing the limbo with a girl, but i was sweating balls yesterday. i mean the heat index was well over 100. but fortunately sunday wasnt muggy and humid like saturday was when we came in.

NESBA is very well organized, contrary to what ive been told, classroom session was brief, mostly about safety than about too much riding, that was left for you to approach an instructor i think, even tho they did pull people over to correct dangerous deficiencies and stuff like that.

1st session i was actually nervous, the groups wasnt very big, i had a little butterfly stomach while lined up waiting, as soon as i approached turn one that sh1t was gone.

as much as they spaced us out by the 2nd real corner it was a traffic cam, i mean people were just chilling, but i was like ok the CR isnt booking it, and theyre n00bs here and all, and yellow flag the 1st 2 laps of the 1st 2 sessions.

so after they lifted the yellow flag the ones with no wrist twister inhibitors quickly spread things out, 2 corners later im going into corner braking hard, like waiting for the parking lot pimps to move, traffic was horrible, but 1000s can pass effortlessly on straights so i handled that easy but as i went around i was still braking more than i felt i needed to wait for slower riders, then the frustration went away and fun came as i began to set them up going into corners and out-braking them, and just having me a grand ole time.

as the sessions went on and my rented lap timer kept dropping a second a session i ran into a problem, on turn 1, i was leaned over but i would drag knee way early and i knew the bike had more clearance and i felt it was restricting my corner speed, so at the end of the session i approached a CR and asked him, he had me mount the bike and show him my position, and what do u know, im all fugged up. what i was doing was i basically wasnt using my tank to pull the bike over, so i was hangin goff the bike more than i needed to and my feet werent positioned correctly on the pegs and thats why i was running out of ground clearance early. anyway he told me that i needed to move my butt back on the seat and put my foot on the outer tip of the peg and use my outer leg to place my thigh in the flat side of the tank and crank it over, he showed me, and i was ok. but once i tried it i realized me riding a 1000RR and him riding a gixxer and being about 6" taller, for me to get to this position i couldnt do it the way he told me, i was very frustrated, the entire rest of the afternoon i spent working on this, i felt myself doing it, but i still felt myself being too close to the tank still and not using it, i kept at it, traffic i didnt even see anymore, all i saw was race lines and my thoughts were on pushing back and maintaining control while trailbraking into a corner from triple digit speeds, i was did some sweet passes but all the time i was fighting myself and the bike to position myself.

what i realized today after watching some vids and flipping thru some magazines, before i cornered like toni elias, hangin gway off the bike, shin almost totally horizontal, but then id run out of ground clearance as my knee would be on the deck too soon, when i am working on doing is basically cornering like hayden, or edwards, with my butt far back and thigh against the tank, inner foot on the tip of the pg with the bike cranked waaay over.
from what little improvements i made, i started with a 1.06 on the 1st session, and got stuck on a 1.03... after going back out and trying hard as hell to position right, i got in the zone and i dont know where i shaved it, but i ended the day with a best time of 1.01.94, im not sure where i shaved it, but i did mentally feel faster through every turn when i got my position a little better.

i had a blast and i cant wait to go back, and anyone having doubts about the Jefferson's course being too short, yeah i barely used fourth gear but, it is non stop fun, as you blink your in another corner and its one helluva workout, nice track a few corners that make u wonder whats the best line, nesba rocks, and my bike is the shiznit....

im already ready for #2

Quote:
^ Mark his words.

My 1000RR

Im on another forum.
post #21 of 40 Old 06-09-2008, 07:37 PM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

Awards Showcase
Donation 

Thanks, that's better. Glad you had a good time.

'02 Honda 919 - She's the only one for me!

post #22 of 40 Old 06-09-2008, 07:40 PM Thread Starter
Those 2 Mofos Rollin

good time is an understatement.

Quote:
^ Mark his words.

My 1000RR

Im on another forum.
post #23 of 40 Old 06-09-2008, 08:22 PM
Tribuni Angusticlavii

Awards Showcase
Trackday Recognition Donation 

Both my track days so far were shorties - Patriot & Beaverun - but I'm a big guy on a 600. Maybe we should trade bikes. haha

post #24 of 40 Old 06-09-2008, 08:41 PM Thread Starter
Those 2 Mofos Rollin

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpzTurbo View Post
Both my track days so far were shorties - Patriot & Beaverun - but I'm a big guy on a 600. Maybe we should trade bikes. haha
naw, im too addicted to this power to give it up, ill learn.

Quote:
^ Mark his words.

My 1000RR

Im on another forum.
post #25 of 40 Old 06-10-2008, 09:20 AM Thread Starter
Those 2 Mofos Rollin

check out my nasty form, im so fuctup.

im b777 black

http://www.photoreflect.com/pr3/orde...G22B0026&po=26

Quote:
^ Mark his words.

My 1000RR

Im on another forum.
post #26 of 40 Old 06-10-2008, 10:30 AM
NC Sasquatch

Awards Showcase
Trackday Recognition Veteran 

Your form looks perfect. ----> 2 wheels on the ground !

Sounds like you did everything right on your first day.

1. went out and tried the track
2. had a really good time
3. did not throw your bike down the road.

Congrats on getting that first day under your belt and it's great your having such a good time with it. Too bad it was ssoooooo freaking hot. (I was on main with Wera) The heat took a little fun outta the weekend. It really was that unbearable.

The pictures look great, nice bike too.

post #27 of 40 Old 06-10-2008, 02:54 PM Thread Starter
Those 2 Mofos Rollin

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelguy View Post
Your form looks perfect. ----> 2 wheels on the ground !

Sounds like you did everything right on your first day.

1. went out and tried the track
2. had a really good time
3. did not throw your bike down the road.

Congrats on getting that first day under your belt and it's great your having such a good time with it. Too bad it was ssoooooo freaking hot. (I was on main with Wera) The heat took a little fun outta the weekend. It really was that unbearable.

The pictures look great, nice bike too.
thanks man, but i dont think my form is good at all. its hindering my corner speed.
you guys were booking on main, them things were just blurs going by.
man, i can only dream of going that fast, for now.

+100005451564584 on coming home undamaged and uninjured. i heard that guy that wrecked on main is doing ok. did u see or knwo what happened. 2

2 guys in my B group collided on my side, something about improper signaling and not looking and stuff, but theyre ok, bike i hear are smashed

Quote:
^ Mark his words.

My 1000RR

Im on another forum.
post #28 of 40 Old 06-10-2008, 04:14 PM
Bitten

Awards Showcase

Hey tough guy... when you want to play, let me know.
You now have a basis of understanding you can truly work with.

I might get H_Ryder down here for a weekend and we can go play.

Your for looks fine for your first track day. You are not overly twisted up with your knee way out praying for it to touch down like many beginners.

If you want to come by the house one day, I will break out pics from 6 years of track riding. It is funny to look at.

Spoiler:
post #29 of 40 Old 06-10-2008, 04:29 PM Thread Starter
Those 2 Mofos Rollin

Do u guys really think I'm not that fugged up? I hate the way I look, its so toni elias and not casey stoner, and I was constantly running out of ground clearance because of my draggin knee when I know the bike can be cranked over more. I felt it was restricting how much speed I carried thru the corner.

Ill take u up on that offer to come view some pics. As a matter a fact, are u ever gonna get back into track riding. I'd love to have a personal coach as well as the CRs to help me get quicker thru the turns.

Quote:
^ Mark his words.

My 1000RR

Im on another forum.
post #30 of 40 Old 06-10-2008, 04:32 PM
Bitten

Awards Showcase

Track is done for me, at least for now.
It is a financial burden I just cannot justify anymore (I was going every 2 to 3 weeks).

As for cornerspeed, you turn in points and brake points will restrict you more than your body position. You can work on getting your ass out of the seat more and kissing the mirror....It will all come in time. If it were not a challenge, it would be boring.

Spoiler:
post #31 of 40 Old 06-10-2008, 04:44 PM Thread Starter
Those 2 Mofos Rollin

Yeah, I def understand that. If I tried to go more than once a month I'd prolly never be able to maintain my car properly or eat right. My boys and I are aiming for 1 every other month, that leaves us with about 3 or so before the season ends. But we're still trying to do the 4th of july weekend at VIR.
I can def shave some tenths by braking a little later, but for a beginner I was braking pretty late, as I outbraked a lot of guys sunday, its too bad B group can't pass in corners, or I wouldve had some fun, a lot of cats were parked in them corners. But yeah, later braking and quicker back on the power I think could help be break into the 1min and less on that track for sure.

I can't wait to go try it again. In the mean time I need to make it streetable again so I can practise my form at much much slower speeds and not worry about putting a hand up.

Quote:
^ Mark his words.

My 1000RR

Im on another forum.
post #32 of 40 Old 06-11-2008, 08:27 AM

Awards Showcase
Trackday Recognition 

yeah i'm where Mike was now... trying to go at least every 3-4 weeks. but then again, i have 7 tracks within 7 hours of driving... ATL is definitely the best area in the country for trackdays!

and Snik, you def. do look good out there. ask Mike about goofy first trackday people... there was D playing hide the rider and me scared to slide my ass off the seat! i think the next thing you could try would be to shift your shoulders down to match your butt. that was one of the big keys i found to corner speed and lean angle.

post #33 of 40 Old 06-11-2008, 11:18 AM Thread Starter
Those 2 Mofos Rollin

thanks guys, ill def try to dip the head down, i may have to use the string method. lol.

Quote:
^ Mark his words.

My 1000RR

Im on another forum.
post #34 of 40 Old 06-11-2008, 01:59 PM
NC Sasquatch

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snikwad View Post
But we're still trying to do the 4th of july weekend at VIR.
We'll be doing VIR North on the 7th of July, hope to bump into you.

post #35 of 40 Old 06-11-2008, 02:02 PM
NC Sasquatch

Awards Showcase

And Mike, your more than welcome to borrow the RC for a session or 2 if you want. It's half yours anyway

post #36 of 40 Old 06-11-2008, 02:57 PM Thread Starter
Those 2 Mofos Rollin

Quote:
We'll be doing VIR North on the 7th of July, hope to bump into you.
if we do go we'll only do sat and sunday, south course with nesba

Quote:
^ Mark his words.

My 1000RR

Im on another forum.
post #37 of 40 Old 06-11-2008, 03:48 PM
Bitten

Awards Showcase

Quote:
And Mike, your more than welcome to borrow the RC for a session or 2 if you want. It's half yours anyway
You have no idea how tempting that is... but I think it is like any drug.

Stay away and you are OK.
Touch it once, and the next is easier, and easier, and easier....

Spoiler:
post #38 of 40 Old 06-11-2008, 06:48 PM Thread Starter
Those 2 Mofos Rollin

Cmon Mike, you know you wanna get a fix. Mmm, take a hit of that good 5h1t. Cmooooonn!!!

Quote:
^ Mark his words.

My 1000RR

Im on another forum.
post #39 of 40 Old 06-11-2008, 11:09 PM

Awards Showcase

Yo Snikwad,

Glad you had fun and stayed up on your first track day.
I got 25 days to go for #2.
For my first day, my goal was to have fun, learn the track, and stay up.
I'll work on technique on the next track day.

BTW You got my vote on the BOTM. Functionality over looks, bro.

post #40 of 40 Old 06-12-2008, 03:04 AM Thread Starter
Those 2 Mofos Rollin

Thanks bro. Apparently the majority don't agree with us. I haven't paid for #2 yet, so I can't start counting down yet

Quote:
^ Mark his words.

My 1000RR

Im on another forum.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode