Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner

Edmonson out!

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  HondaJim 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Dear God I hope so.

The State of AMA Pro Racing is just sad. I hope this was a true shit-canning and not some kinda behind the scenes move to appease Manufacturers...( non-participants included). Perhaps this will entice them to re-think their abandonment....wishful thinking probably.

Edmondson needs to go, DMG needs to put their thinking caps on and right quick.

#4 ·
Agreed. If they did it for the right reasons, which were plentiful, and they don't let him become a puppet master, then hopefully it has real potential.

#3 ·
AMA's entire organization needs to be trashed and rebuilt by real motorcyclists/bikers/enthusiasts/racers/et al....
Back in the early 1980s I was interested in racing and tried to follow it via the AMAs official magazine...not only was it incomprehensible for my simple mind...but the standings were never reported in a comprehensive fashion...as if they were saying "IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT BIKE/CLASS/RIDER etc. WE ARE TALKING ABOUT, THEN YOU SHOULDN'T BE READING THIS MAGAZINE"
I never saw an explanation of riders/classes/bikes/sizes/manufacturers...issues of technology, politics, or anything else and how it related to all AMA decisions was limited to "green" tree huggers, spark arrestors, and tortoises.
I stopped reading the useless magazine.
Later I started just throwing it away.
Eventually, after about 20 years of membership...I just stopped renewing it.
AMA IS AN ALMOST USELESS ORGANIZATION RUN SOLEY FOR AND BY INSIDERS.
The are all just too cool for me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.