Do my eyes decive me... Nicky's on the top steps - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 46 Old 08-28-2009, 01:22 PM Thread Starter

Awards Showcase
Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 2

Do my eyes decive me... Nicky's on the top steps

just a 0.1 under Dani. I don't recall last year's time and I am to lazy to look it up but I am assuming that this was under wet condition?

Results and Statistics | The Official MotoGP Website

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 46 Old 08-28-2009, 01:59 PM
The "Eagle" Has Landed

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 3

Who's Nicky ?!?!

Oh yeah... that guy who wins the race during practice but loses the race in practice. Okay.. that guy.

post #3 of 46 Old 08-28-2009, 02:01 PM
Tesserarius

Awards Showcase
Donation 
Total Awards: 1

It was monsoon, then wet, then monsoon...

post #4 of 46 Old 08-28-2009, 02:12 PM Thread Starter

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquila-RC51 View Post
Who's Nicky ?!?!

Oh yeah... that guy who wins the race during practice but loses the race in practice. Okay.. that guy.
Don't make me seek Midwest on you, if he gets bitting, he'd do a number on your knees, I can guarantee it!

post #5 of 46 Old 08-28-2009, 02:14 PM
Those 2 Mofos Rollin

Dani has admitted several times hes not string in the wet.

Buy my Pirelli supercorsa takeoffs. sizes 120/180
Quote:
Originally Posted by McCrimmon View Post
...I'm slowly prepping the FZ...Goin to VIR with NESBA most likely next year since they are reasonably priced
^ Mark his words.

My 1000RR

Im on another forum.
post #6 of 46 Old 08-28-2009, 02:25 PM
The "Eagle" Has Landed

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC90 View Post
Don't make me seek Midwest on you, if he gets bitting, he'd do a number on your knees, I can guarantee it!
Hmmm... you got me thinking here. Nicky and Midwest are kinda similar. Nicky winning a race or the Championship is like Midwest hooking up with Sporty. AIN'T HAPPENIN!!!!!!!!

post #7 of 46 Old 08-29-2009, 12:43 AM
Immune

Quote:
Hmmm... you got me thinking here. Nicky and Midwest are kinda similar. Nicky winning a race or the Championship is like Midwest hooking up with Sporty. AIN'T HAPPENIN!!!!!!!!
Didn't Nicky win the championship in 05?

post #8 of 46 Old 09-03-2009, 01:52 PM
The "Eagle" Has Landed

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmtdgov View Post
Yes... dat would be five... rather favf years ago! Okay.. maybe only four years ago.

I don't doubt he has the talent. I don't doubt he has the skill. I just don't think he has the desire of fire anymore. And WTH ?!?! He seems to be only able to podium when he is in the US ?!?! What is up with that ?!?! There are only two races Stateside... podium in some other races as well... like Catalunya, Valencia, Germany... etc.

post #9 of 46 Old 09-03-2009, 02:06 PM
Guzzi Man

Nothing against Nicky, but I always thought his older and younger brothers had more talent as well as heart.

post #10 of 46 Old 09-03-2009, 02:41 PM
Tesserarius

Awards Showcase
Donation 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikestib1 View Post
Nothing against Nicky, but I always thought his older and younger brothers had more talent as well as heart.
Yeah but NH is prettier...

post #11 of 46 Old 09-03-2009, 02:44 PM
The "Eagle" Has Landed

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmtdgov View Post
Quote:
+1!

post #12 of 46 Old 09-03-2009, 04:50 PM Thread Starter

Awards Showcase

Quote:
How do you figure that? did any of them won an AMA SBK Championship yet?

Tommy & RL are damn good but lack one strong engridient that Nicky seems to have tons of it... Consistency.

Quote:
+1!
What a hater you are... that's is probably why Ducati just signed him for 2010 huh...

post #13 of 46 Old 09-03-2009, 04:59 PM
The "Eagle" Has Landed

Awards Showcase

Quote:
How do you figure that? did any of them won an AMA SBK Championship yet?

Tommy & RL are damn good but lack one strong engridient that Nicky seems to have tons of it... Consistency.

What a hater you are... that's is probably why Ducati just signed him for 2010 huh...
Umm... Ducati needs an experienced test rider to make the bike better for the faster riders to win races. Also, we don't know Casey's fate yet so they might be just hedging their bets. Remember what happened at Honda ?!?!

post #14 of 46 Old 09-03-2009, 05:18 PM
BANNED!

Awards Showcase

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... I see I need to log on more now...

Ducati changed the head angle considerably... we'll see how these major changes begin to help him out. Small improvements are NICE. CONSISTENT improvements are even better.

The Hayden Bros. are nowhere near the talent Nicky is. I can't believe it was even mentioned....

I recall you turds saying he would NEVER win a Championship... and I am pretty sure he did that in 2006 not 2005. I'll even step outside the lines and say he will WIN another Championship before he's out of GP.

I LOVE Tig Bitties!
post #15 of 46 Old 09-03-2009, 05:21 PM
The "Eagle" Has Landed

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwest View Post
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... I see I need to log on more now...

Ducati changed the head angle considerably... we'll see how these major changes begin to help him out. Small improvements are NICE. CONSISTENT improvements are even better.

The Hayden Bros. are nowhere near the talent Nicky is. I can't believe it was even mentioned....

I recall you turds saying he would NEVER win a Championship... and I am pretty sure he did that in 2006 not 2005. I'll even step outside the lines and say he will WIN another Championship before he's out of GP.
Ehhh... YEP! You are stepping out alright. From Sanity to Insanity! Welcome back brother!

post #16 of 46 Old 09-03-2009, 06:08 PM
BANNED!

Awards Showcase

I knew you would like that one!

But I do believe it...

The Kid aint finished yet...

I LOVE Tig Bitties!
post #17 of 46 Old 09-03-2009, 06:22 PM

Whats up guys? I just stumbled upon this website and immediately took to the threads, seems like a great site. I also felt like this Nicky bashing was the perfect spot to throw in my first post.

1st off I just want to throw out there Nicky is my boy and a great racer

2nd I think people are attacking Nicky's talents in the wrong light. You have to consider his win in 06 (not 05) as someone has already mentioned and realize the following year was the first year they went to the 800cc bikes.

3rd Nicky is a Michelin man, he has been since his glory days with the RC, and now not only do you get one manufacture of tire (bridgestone) you get a limited number of them.

4th (and possibly most important) is the fact that it has been EXTREMELY hard for anyone to tame the Ducati beyond Stoner...The fact that stoner CAN lends the argument that it is possible and any skilled rider can do it...Ill confide in that one but its obviously going to take time (and by the looks of it less time than Capirossi needed when he threw in his attempt)

I'd say with all that stacked up against you its going to be hard producing solid results right out the gate...especially since the lesser cc machines hinder hayden a bit as he isnt the lightest one out there. He's been going nowhere but up and I think there will definitely be some strong results here in the coming season and possible at the end of this one.

BTW. Ive been in Indy both years now, I wish I found this site sooner as I would have loved to see all the naked bikes out there (I did see all the hornets parked on one strip as I was leaving downtown tho, real bummer )

thanks for listening to my rant

post #18 of 46 Old 09-04-2009, 08:04 AM Thread Starter

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by NISxMO View Post
Whats up guys? I just stumbled upon this website and immediately took to the threads, seems like a great site. I also felt like this Nicky bashing was the perfect spot to throw in my first post.

1st off I just want to throw out there Nicky is my boy and a great racer

2nd I think people are attacking Nicky's talents in the wrong light. You have to consider his win in 06 (not 05) as someone has already mentioned and realize the following year was the first year they went to the 800cc bikes.

3rd Nicky is a Michelin man, he has been since his glory days with the RC, and now not only do you get one manufacture of tire (bridgestone) you get a limited number of them.

4th (and possibly most important) is the fact that it has been EXTREMELY hard for anyone to tame the Ducati beyond Stoner...The fact that stoner CAN lends the argument that it is possible and any skilled rider can do it...Ill confide in that one but its obviously going to take time (and by the looks of it less time than Capirossi needed when he threw in his attempt)

I'd say with all that stacked up against you its going to be hard producing solid results right out the gate...especially since the lesser cc machines hinder hayden a bit as he isnt the lightest one out there. He's been going nowhere but up and I think there will definitely be some strong results here in the coming season and possible at the end of this one.

BTW. Ive been in Indy both years now, I wish I found this site sooner as I would have loved to see all the naked bikes out there (I did see all the hornets parked on one strip as I was leaving downtown tho, real bummer )

thanks for listening to my rant
Back the Bong Hits up my friend, even though I agree with you in pretty much with everything else, Nicky did not even know what the name Michelin ment until he got to GPs. Now, if you were thinking DUNLOP, then yes, but then again... who confuses Michelin with Dunlop?

Oh and Aquila... you are just a sad, pathetic and old Nicky hater!

post #19 of 46 Old 09-04-2009, 08:16 AM
Das Kalmar

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 

Another thing is a lot of young talent came in in 2006 and 2007. Stoner and Pedrosa , 1 and 2 respectively in 07, to name a few.

BOOM CHICKA
post #20 of 46 Old 09-04-2009, 09:17 AM
The "Eagle" Has Landed

Awards Showcase

So, what Gert is saying is that Nicky is old and tired and that is why the new talent got in his way of success....

Other than that, as I have said... I like the guy. I just don't think he has it in him anymore. He stopped winning when he was on the Honda RCV112 or whatever the model was. And don't start with the whole Honda hierarchy thing and that he got in inferior bike to Turdrosa.... Nicky just doesn't seem to have his heart in it anymore... and for me, that is actually sad. I would love to see him on top. The one time he won, it was not even a convincing championship effort.

post #21 of 46 Old 09-04-2009, 09:23 AM
BANNED!

Awards Showcase

Quote:
The one time he won, it was not even a convincing championship effort.
Oh man.... ur are getting a serious dick slapping on your knees for that statement next time I see you!

I LOVE Tig Bitties!
post #22 of 46 Old 09-04-2009, 10:23 AM

lol ok RC90, maybe you're right about the Dunlop thing but Aquila, for the record its an RC211V

post #23 of 46 Old 09-04-2009, 10:36 AM
The "Eagle" Has Landed

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by NISxMO View Post
lol ok RC90, maybe you're right about the Dunlop thing but Aquila, for the record its an RC211V
LOL!!! Thanks! Ex RC-51 owner here, you would think I would remember that!

post #24 of 46 Old 09-04-2009, 02:44 PM

Awards Showcase
Donation BOTM 

BTW , the race was DRY -

GO NICKY !!!!!

post #25 of 46 Old 09-04-2009, 08:33 PM

so was his practice today that he managed to pull a 10th place in COME ON NICKY!

post #26 of 46 Old 09-05-2009, 11:21 AM Thread Starter

Awards Showcase

I have been watching GPs for a long time and sure, we have had some Awesome American racers (Roberts, Spencer, Rainey) to name a few, we have had some good American racers (Schawnts, Lawson) but, unfortunately, you can't compare them to the new breed because before, they used to race wild broncos and it took a brave and good racer to ride those things.

Nicky did better on the breed of the Not so wild steeds (RC211V) and he is not doing so good on the tame steeds (800cc technorobots), but then again... so are a lot of the new punks coming out and even some of the old ones.

Say what you will, he is better than most on that field and even though he might not be so colorful to watch, we could only be so lucky to have him.

I don't see Edwards getting the low end of the stick and even though I loved Edwards in WSBK, in MotoGP he is just there collecting checks and doing awesome free practice lap times.

In the end, I would trade what little I got for a 10% chance at doing what they are doing.

Fair weather fans you lot are. (oh yeah and Aquila is the Queen of the parade!)

post #27 of 46 Old 09-05-2009, 11:32 AM
That's Right!!!

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 

Honda screwed Nicky in favor of Pedrosa even after he won for them.......best of luck to him on the Ducati, but he'd probably be faster on a Yamaha

2003 Honda RC51
post #28 of 46 Old 09-06-2009, 10:30 AM
BANNED!

Awards Showcase

Quote:
I have been watching GPs for a long time and sure, we have had some Awesome American racers (Roberts, Spencer, Rainey) to name a few, we have had some good American racers (Schawnts, Lawson) but, unfortunately, you can't compare them to the new breed because before, they used to race wild broncos and it took a brave and good racer to ride those things.

Nicky did better on the breed of the Not so wild steeds (RC211V) and he is not doing so good on the tame steeds (800cc technorobots), but then again... so are a lot of the new punks coming out and even some of the old ones.

Say what you will, he is better than most on that field and even though he might not be so colorful to watch, we could only be so lucky to have him.

I don't see Edwards getting the low end of the stick and even though I loved Edwards in WSBK, in MotoGP he is just there collecting checks and doing awesome free practice lap times.

In the end, I would trade what little I got for a 10% chance at doing what they are doing.

Fair weather fans you lot are. (oh yeah and Aquila is the Queen of the parade!)
YOU GO MY HOMOSEXUAL FRIEND!

I LOVE Tig Bitties!
post #29 of 46 Old 09-06-2009, 07:03 PM
Aquilifer

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation Veteran 

Quote:
So, what Gert is saying is that Nicky is old and tired and that is why the new talent got in his way of success....

Other than that, as I have said... I like the guy. I just don't think he has it in him anymore. He stopped winning when he was on the Honda RCV112 or whatever the model was. And don't start with the whole Honda hierarchy thing and that he got in inferior bike to Turdrosa.... Nicky just doesn't seem to have his heart in it anymore... and for me, that is actually sad. I would love to see him on top. The one time he won, it was not even a convincing championship effort.
I can't agree with this. If he didn't have the heart for it anymore, he would pull stunts like Pedrosa and not do practice laps in the rain, or spend his time in the paddock instead of doing more practice laps than anyone else. Pulling lap after lap is exhausting, if nothing else, and I don't think you do that if you don't have the heart to win anymore. My guess is that he just hasn't found the combination he needs to win yet, but he is getting closer. He will be back on top of the podium again.

-Joe
post #30 of 46 Old 09-08-2009, 08:42 AM
BANNED!

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooker_47 View Post
I can't agree with this. If he didn't have the heart for it anymore, he would pull stunts like Pedrosa and not do practice laps in the rain, or spend his time in the paddock instead of doing more practice laps than anyone else. Pulling lap after lap is exhausting, if nothing else, and I don't think you do that if you don't have the heart to win anymore. My guess is that he just hasn't found the combination he needs to win yet, but he is getting closer. He will be back on top of the podium again.
Wait ... you mean.... HE'S TRYING?

Excellent view my friend...

I LOVE Tig Bitties!
post #31 of 46 Old 09-08-2009, 09:03 AM

Had De Angelis not swept him out this past weekend we may have been able to see it sooner rather than later.

post #32 of 46 Old 09-08-2009, 09:45 AM
Living the dream

Nicky does turn more laps than anyone in testing or practice. I seriously doubt he has lost the desire. I am sure he hears the wispers and comments of the haters. I am guessing he wants another championship more than anyone.

And no matter how many wins he got the year of his championship, he won it. Winning by a million point or by 1 he still won and that is the important thing.

And he never rode on anything but Dunlop in AMA. Very few teams rode anything else. A handful road Pirelli or Michelin with 1-2 guys on Bridgestone for a few years. All the top teams (Yosh, Honda, Yamaha, Kawi) have been on Dunlops. I always thought it strange that in GP the top tires were Michelin and in the US it was Dunlop.
post #33 of 46 Old 09-09-2009, 03:26 PM
BANNED!

Awards Showcase

Oh he hears the haters... and he hears guys like me who tell him about guys like Micheal while getting autographs in Indy...

I DID NOT mention Veloce though... as I was uncertain of the brands feelings towards the rider! Ya never know - they may end up sponsoring the Kid someday?!

Nobody at that level rides without any sort of desire... Its just not possible. You may be no good... but no desire? Why would anyone offer you a ride?

Its just silly...

I LOVE Tig Bitties!
post #34 of 46 Old 09-10-2009, 12:46 PM
The "Eagle" Has Landed

Awards Showcase

First and foremost, I want EVERYONE to know I DO NOT HATE NICKY!

I for one am sorry he is not on the podium. The guy is a Statesman for the sport as far as I am concerned and he is a darn right down to earth good guy.

However, we all need to agree that at some stages in a person's life it is possible to loose focus. Is this the case here, I don't know - it just seems to be the case to me. Nicky seemed much more focused and raring to go during his days in AMA. Look at Bostrom for instance - at one point, he heart just wasn't really in racing. And now look at him go. Riders like Nicky have a very high level of skill that will always be there - desire or not - much like Bostrom.

My point here is he needs to give himself a swift kick up the rear and get into the muck of it and RACE LIKE NICKY!!!! Tame the beast that is the Ducky and git 'er done! I did like that he went off after the crash - I enjoyed seeing the fire in him.

post #35 of 46 Old 09-10-2009, 02:12 PM Thread Starter

Awards Showcase

Quote:
However, we all need to agree that at some stages in a person's life it is possible to loose focus.
Listen here Man with a Vagina, I don't have to agree with you for shiit!!!

Have you not been paying attention to the times that people have said that what you are saying just makes no sense? A guy that has lost focus or the will to race will just not be doing twice the lap times as others when he's given the chance... which, by the way, is what a lot of people do when they loose their drive to be the best, slack off.

You are lucky we like you and you live in a place where no man dares to go, otherwise... I'd send the little one to bite your knees off!!!

post #36 of 46 Old 09-10-2009, 02:15 PM
Chuck Norris has lost in battle with this Member

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation 

Quote:

Have you not been paying attention to the times that people have said that what you are saying just makes no sense? A guy that has lost focus or the will to race will just not be doing twice the lap times as others when he's given the chance... which, by the way, is what a lot of people do when they loose their drive to be the best, slack off.

You are lucky we like you and you live in a place where no man dares to go, otherwise... I'd send the little one to bite your knees off!!!
i totally didnt understand a damn thing he typed right there....

post #37 of 46 Old 09-10-2009, 02:22 PM
The "Eagle" Has Landed

Awards Showcase

Quote:

Oh sheesh man !!!!! :rant: Practice and Racing are two totally different things. It is like a great NFL players who practices all year long and yet screws up at the "Big Game".

Quote:
Originally Posted by barton664 View Post
i totally didnt understand a damn thing he typed right there....
Umm... you need an Engrish translator like the rest of us.

post #38 of 46 Old 09-10-2009, 03:16 PM
BANNED!

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Oh sheesh man !!!!! :rant: Practice and Racing are two totally different things. It is like a great NFL players who practices all year long and yet screws up at the "Big Game".

Umm... you need an Engrish translator like the rest of us.
Thats not losing focus or not having the will.... thats just sucking! Guys with guts and will, actually DO PRACTICE all year long... to even get to the BIG GAME!

He's trying... but he isnt meshing with his bike, tires, team, whatever... but your not putting it out there very well. And yes you do hate him. I told him you did. He WAS NOT HAPPY!

You even bad mouthed the YEAR he DID win it all... somewhat discounting HOW he won it. That makes u a HATER to the x10000000000th degree!

Face it - You sir... are a Nicky Hater!

I LOVE Tig Bitties!
post #39 of 46 Old 09-10-2009, 03:21 PM
The "Eagle" Has Landed

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwest View Post
Thats not losing focus or not having the will.... thats just sucking! Guys with guts and will, actually DO PRACTICE all year long... to even get to the BIG GAME!

He's trying... but he isnt meshing with his bike, tires, team, whatever... but your not putting it out there very well. And yes you do hate him. I told him you did. He WAS NOT HAPPY!

You even bad mouthed the YEAR he DID win it all... somewhat discounting HOW he won it. That makes u a HATER to the x10000000000th degree!

Face it - You sir... are a Nicky Hater!
You reported me to Nicky ?!?! So, what happens now? He and hs brothers pay me a visit ?!?!

post #40 of 46 Old 09-10-2009, 03:32 PM
BANNED!

Awards Showcase

Quote:
You reported me to Nicky ?!?! So, what happens now? He and hs brothers pay me a visit ?!?!
You never know... THEY MIGHT!

But he did look at me like - your kidding dude... RIGHT?

And I did NOT name Veloce in the discussions because I figured you MAY eventually end up sponsoring him if you ever get this going...

I LOVE Tig Bitties!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode