Dani Pedrosa might not be with HRC for 2008... - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 44 Old 06-25-2007, 08:46 AM Thread Starter

Awards Showcase
Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 2

Dani Pedrosa might not be with HRC for 2008...

According to a Spaniard Magazine, the little troll is not happy with Honda and he said so... very politically correct but to the point.

For those of you Spanish-speaking-Challenge, here are some exerts from the Online magazine article loosely translated.

Quote:
Pedrosa tells Honda... This can not continue like this.
This was the header of the article.

Quote:
We can't close our doors. We also cannot think that there's only one option out there. I am not going to make myself go backwards being on something that's not as good.
Everyone thought that Honda's new 800cc MotoGP bike would fit Dani like a glove, but it hasn't turned out this way. "I thought the bike was going to be much better. Obviously, this can not continue to be. Since our first race, there has not being any major progress. I can't just sit idle. I have always been thinking about my future with Honda, but now, what I have to do is think of my present!". he added.

Contract ends...

Dani's contract expires by the end of this year and it is baffleing to think they (Honda/HRC) have not done anything to retain the most promesing rider on the planet. Ducati, as an example, has already retained Stoner and they had until September to execute their option to do so. Yamaha, has also retained Rossi for 1 more year only because Valentino wants it like that. There is a strong rumor that Yamaha is also in talks with Jorge Lorenzo for 2008 as Vale's new teammate.

The straw the broke the camel's back was the mistake by Dani's team before the race. "Before the race I had a problem, I have had to switch bikes because my clutch was not working and then, my #2 bike didn't have the proper gearing for a wet race, 3rd gear was way to long", declared the Spaniard.

Props to Stoner...

Congratulations to Stoner explained the Spaniard that everything went belly up, "as soon as the track started to dry, I was going backwards and I started to push harder but I have made to many mistakes". Pedrosa admits that his options for a World Title in 2007 have become a bit complicated for him at this juncture. "It is clear that it will be complicated, we can still make it happen but it will be dificult!. Sure, I am not winning any races? sure, but neither is Rossi winning as easily as before", he admits. He also added that Stoner is on a level all on his own right now, "Casey is at the peek of his racing career right now and he's taking full advantage of it... clearly, I am not!".

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 44 Old 06-25-2007, 08:49 AM
Fool in the Rain

Garage

Awards Showcase
Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Extraordinary Ride Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 4

Honda doesn't like backtalk. Should get interesting.

"Towards the end of the vid, it looks like she may have had a bafflectomy." - MarylandMike
post #3 of 44 Old 06-25-2007, 09:00 AM Thread Starter

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaJim View Post
Honda doesn't like backtalk. Should get interesting.
Yep, that's precisely what I thought myself... anybody remembers a guy by the name of Maximiliano Biaggi? Sure, he's no Dani Predosa but he probably has a better following, sponsors and more 250cc World Tittles.

On the other hand, I am hoping that with this Honda is going to listen to Nicky being that he's the one that always keeps his mouth shut and obeys everthing that Honda was him to do... then again, when has Honda done so before?

post #4 of 44 Old 06-25-2007, 09:05 AM
Legatus Legionis

Awards Showcase
Community Leadership Donation Donation Community Leadership 
Total Awards: 6

Interesting: Maybe Honda will be fielding a whole new team next year.

post #5 of 44 Old 06-25-2007, 09:07 AM
Fool in the Rain

Garage

Awards Showcase
Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Extraordinary Ride Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 

They did admit they started the season behind the 8 ball, and they can probably expect some rider frustration. Like Rossi said in his book, Honda feels if you win it's because of the bike, and if you lose it's because of the rider.

"Towards the end of the vid, it looks like she may have had a bafflectomy." - MarylandMike
post #6 of 44 Old 06-25-2007, 09:11 AM
Legatus Legionis

Awards Showcase
Community Leadership Donation Donation Community Leadership 

What about Ducati? If you win its the bike, if you loose you getta the cementa shoes(in my best Italian accent)

post #7 of 44 Old 06-25-2007, 09:12 AM
Site Founder

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Extraordinary Ride Trackday Recognition Extraordinary Ride 

Puig is a helluva ventriloquist.

post #8 of 44 Old 06-25-2007, 09:16 AM
Fool in the Rain

Garage

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetblast10 View Post
Puig is a helluva ventriloquist.

post #9 of 44 Old 06-25-2007, 09:29 AM
Site Founder

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Extraordinary Ride Trackday Recognition Extraordinary Ride 

Overheard possibilities for the 2008 HRC Repsol Attack Plan:
*donde es el numero telephono cellular Biaggi?
*ethanol power? Corn? maize?? que????
*Nicky, we want you to say, "es beddy beddy good oil in de, de motoseeecle." and smile, big teeth yes.
*sign Kenny & Kurtis and ride a doomed freight train straight to hell.
*RC213W????

post #10 of 44 Old 06-25-2007, 10:11 AM
BANNED!

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 3

I have been retained to ride along side Nicky for 2008!

Details to follow.......

I LOVE Tig Bitties!
post #11 of 44 Old 06-25-2007, 10:37 AM
Fool in the Rain

Garage

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwest View Post
I have been retained to ride along side Nicky for 2008!

Details to follow.......
No, they said "You have to be re-trained to quit playing with your dickey."

post #12 of 44 Old 06-25-2007, 10:56 AM
Aquilifer

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation Veteran 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMike View Post
Interesting: Maybe Honda will be fielding a whole new team next year.
I think they still have Hayden under contract for another year after this one. Mistake on Hayden's part. He should go race for Yamaha with Rossi. That would be one hell of a team...

-Joe
post #13 of 44 Old 06-25-2007, 11:19 AM
Primus Pilus

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooker_47 View Post
I think they still have Hayden under contract for another year after this one. Mistake on Hayden's part. He should go race for Yamaha with Rossi. That would be one hell of a team...
+1!!! That would make for some fantastic battles between teammates, especially when you throw Stoner and Pedrosa into the mix.

2002 919 40,000 miles
"racing is life...everything else is just waiting"
post #14 of 44 Old 06-25-2007, 12:34 PM Thread Starter

Awards Showcase

Quote:
I don't think Yamaha's bike is any better than Honda's bike at the moment, that Rossi is making it go because let's be hones, he's not human (or his natual abilities) does not mean that Nicky would be fighting for the top podiums. Nicky would be doing just the same as Colin is at the moment, well, perhaps sightly better but do you honestly believe Rossi would let Nicky have the same bike and componets that he's racing with? ... uhmmm HELL NO!!!

Hindsight is 20/20 but who would have bet on Ducati having the best bike/tire package in 2007? I always said that Stoner was a better rider than Pedrosa (even when they were both riding 250's), Pedrosa had, by far, the best bike/tire package whereas Stoner was on a privateer or semi factory Aprilia ride. Matter of fact, NIcky and Melandri were Ducati's first choice, then, it was sete but, of course, Ducati was offering peanuts compared to what he wanted or thought he was worth so he turned it down, this is how Ducati got Stoner for a bad rap song (that's got to be less than just a bad song, no?) Fair is fair, and Ducati didn't see Stoner's potential after Catalunya and now donnington where Ducati said that Stoner was a genius.

Honda has never been a Company that makes quick moves, everything they do is premeditated (sp?) and sometimes, that pisses me off to no end because they rather let a Championship die than change things around quick enough but, being said that, who here can argue that Honda has always have the best package and people usually want to ride on one? Perhaps next year Nicky can be sitting pretty, then again... perhaps not!

post #15 of 44 Old 06-25-2007, 01:22 PM
Aquilifer

Awards Showcase

I don't think any bike stands up to what the Ducati team put together this year. And I don't think Hayden gets the support from Honda that he should, but maybe it is just taking time to get the bike set up properly. He did look a lot better at Donnington, and I'm willing to bet, with a dry track, he will do well.

As for the bikes, I think sometimes it might be a little more about the rider than some people are willing to admit. Look at the Kawasaki bike this week. Have they even had a top five finish this year? And then you have the new guy, Anthony West jump on the bike and run with the front guys? Everything seems to be up in the air this year except for Stoner and his Ducati...

-Joe
post #16 of 44 Old 06-25-2007, 02:45 PM Thread Starter

Awards Showcase

Anthony West is a demon in the wet and since a wet reace is a great equalizer, Ant was going forward, although, you have to finish a race for people to remember what you did past Sunday afternoon

I think even Rossi is debating the fact whether he should have taken the Ducati/Bridgestone ride for FREE!!!

I'm thinking Nicky has finally come to an agreement with the bike now that they have lowered the TC settings on his bike, he said it was even better than just the addition of the new chassis.

post #17 of 44 Old 06-25-2007, 03:00 PM
Fool in the Rain

Garage

Awards Showcase

Honda was so far ahead of everyone when the series went to four strokes that they were "polishing windscreens and eating pizza" while all the other manufacturers were pulling their hair out trying to catch them. But they ran off the best rider in the world, and found out that chopping a cylinder from the best engine package to date didn't equal 800cc engine development. I can't imagine they'll rest for long, but it is suprising that they don't seem to be throwing development parts at either Pedro or Nicky's bike at the moment.

Maybe Dani is hoping some raised hair on his back will get him the parts before Hayden, which makes sense looking at the point standings.

post #18 of 44 Old 06-25-2007, 03:19 PM
Aquilifer

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC90 View Post
Anthony West is a demon in the wet and since a wet reace is a great equalizer, Ant was going forward, although, you have to finish a race for people to remember what you did past Sunday afternoon

I think even Rossi is debating the fact whether he should have taken the Ducati/Bridgestone ride for FREE!!!

I'm thinking Nicky has finally come to an agreement with the bike now that they have lowered the TC settings on his bike, he said it was even better than just the addition of the new chassis.
I agree that Nicky has probably fixed some of the problems that he was having. I have to admit that I don't follow the racing as close as some people, and I hadn't even heard of "Ant" West prior to him taking the Kawasaki ride, but I was impressed that someone that hadn't ridden at that level before stayed with the leaders, if even for only part of the race.

I would just like to see Hayden make a run at the leaders, although he is a long ways out of the points race. It would be cool to see him win at Laguna again too...

-Joe
post #19 of 44 Old 06-25-2007, 03:19 PM
Stare into me...

Awards Showcase
Extraordinary Ride Donation Extraordinary Ride Donation 

Quote:
I don't think Yamaha's bike is any better than Honda's bike at the moment, that Rossi is making it go because let's be hones, he's not human (or his natual abilities) does not mean that Nicky would be fighting for the top podiums. Nicky would be doing just the same as Colin is at the moment, well, perhaps sightly better but do you honestly believe Rossi would let Nicky have the same bike and componets that he's racing with? ... uhmmm HELL NO!!!

Hindsight is 20/20 but who would have bet on Ducati having the best bike/tire package in 2007? I always said that Stoner was a better rider than Pedrosa (even when they were both riding 250's), Pedrosa had, by far, the best bike/tire package whereas Stoner was on a privateer or semi factory Aprilia ride. Matter of fact, NIcky and Melandri were Ducati's first choice, then, it was sete but, of course, Ducati was offering peanuts compared to what he wanted or thought he was worth so he turned it down, this is how Ducati got Stoner for a bad rap song (that's got to be less than just a bad song, no?) Fair is fair, and Ducati didn't see Stoner's potential after Catalunya and now donnington where Ducati said that Stoner was a genius.

Honda has never been a Company that makes quick moves, everything they do is premeditated (sp?) and sometimes, that pisses me off to no end because they rather let a Championship die than change things around quick enough but, being said that, who here can argue that Honda has always have the best package and people usually want to ride on one? Perhaps next year Nicky can be sitting pretty, then again... perhaps not!

Don't wanna take anything away from Stoner......He shined a little bit last year and has clearly improved in '07......but to my eye he is clearly on the best package.....the BIKE and the BRIDGESTONES......those trap speeds don't lie......we've all seen it......

And you're right. Who'da thunk it.

Now throw in a kid who's riding lights out and you got an upset GP Champ in the making (How cool is this for Ducati??!!).

Side Note: When they interview him, you guys can't tell me it doesn't remind you of the Master, in his youth. Are we watching something really special here? Has the guard changed?? Or am I just getting caught up in the accent?

post #20 of 44 Old 06-25-2007, 04:20 PM

post #21 of 44 Old 06-25-2007, 04:27 PM Thread Starter

Awards Showcase

Quote:
I have to admit that I don't follow the racing as close as some people, and I hadn't even heard of "Ant" West prior to him taking the Kawasaki ride, but I was impressed that someone that hadn't ridden at that level before stayed with the leaders, if even for only part of the race.
Not to take anything away from Anthony West but he's a regular on the 250 circuit (has been there for ages) so he knows pretty much all the tracks they visit. I would go as far as saying that hes had a few races in motoGP before but I can't remember if that's true or just a brain fart on my part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDJAM View Post
Don't wanna take anything away from Stoner......He shined a little bit last year and has clearly improved in '07......but to my eye he is clearly on the best package.....the BIKE and the BRIDGESTONES......those trap speeds don't lie......we've all seen it......
I guess you didn't have the opportunity of watch batteling out with Pedrosa on 250's and giving him a run for his money then? the kids is all balls out.

Trap speeds mean nothing on a track like Donnington and that didn't stop him from pulverizing everyone else. He has won on other tracks that don't require a lot of speed and he did beat Vale fair and square at Catalunya which is like a second home track for Vale (given his record there!).

But yes, he does reminds me of a young Vale but with lesss charismatic antics if you will. I think you are right though, the changing of the guards is upon us, unless of course... Yamaha can give Vale a more competitive bike and Honda can do the same for Nicky & pedrosa so they can catch up to Stoner... that would be just the icing on the cake for us though

post #22 of 44 Old 06-25-2007, 06:35 PM
Stare into me...

Awards Showcase

I did catch some of that era, but probably didn't watch it as closely as you did.....nevertheless I'm impressed with them both.....and again, I'll give mad props to him for this year.....he's the best guy out there. I just think he's on the best bike too. It's got the most power, gets the most to the ground, and stays put, too. Deadly combination, all that....

And RC90.....when I said "The Master", I wasn't talking about Vale........c'mon man.........you know better!!!!

post #23 of 44 Old 06-25-2007, 09:07 PM
WoW

Quote:

And RC90.....when I said "The Master", I wasn't talking about Vale........c'mon man.........you know better!!!!
Rainey?

Find me on all over the web:

www.vwvortex.com- spoolin215
www.honda-tech.com- germanhondaslayer
www.bodybuilding.com- forcefedfreak
www.triumphrat.net- forcefedfreak
post #24 of 44 Old 06-26-2007, 01:30 AM
my2ndhornet

The broadcast we received live, said it was West's 1st motogp mount.
Now, the way I see it, to start 17th and work your way up to 4th, passing Rossi and even Vermuellin, should not be under rated.
He fell off, in his 1st motogp ride; Hayden fell off too (again), in ....how many Motogp rides has he had? Caparossi and 1/2 dozen other so-called experienced riders also fell off.

Speaking of Caparossi - isn't he Stoners team mate. Same bike, same tyres, yet we get all this crap that Stoner's only winning cos he's got the best set-up. If that's the case, Cappa should be winning every other race, or at least be on the podium every time.

Edwards blew me away when he said they picked the hardest tyre they could because of the wet! Both Stoner and Vermuellin said they picked the softest tyre they could! Priceless - seems there may be some problems in team tactics for those guys who fade when it rains.

The biggest irony of all is that the blokes from the most arid continent on earth, which is suffering it's most widespread drought in history, had three riders in that race, who appear to be superior to the others in the wet (while they may be based in Europe now, they learnt their trade down under).

Well, I for one am enjoying the season so far

Candy Red
2005-CB900F
post #25 of 44 Old 06-26-2007, 09:05 AM Thread Starter

Awards Showcase

I may have missused the word "MotoGP" but I knew he had been in the premier class before... take a look

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthony...torcycle_racer)

Again, he is one of my heros because of what he has been able to acomplish without Factory backed money or even major sponsors.

post #26 of 44 Old 06-26-2007, 09:12 AM
Stare into me...

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by forcefedfreak View Post
Rainey?

Oh my goodness.............

Does anyone here remember another Aussie in MotoGP???

post #27 of 44 Old 06-26-2007, 12:46 PM Thread Starter

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Oh my goodness.............

Does anyone here remember another Aussie in MotoGP???
Ohhh, you're talking about the one who used to race for RedBull Yamaha???

post #28 of 44 Old 06-26-2007, 02:23 PM
Stare into me...

Awards Showcase

Hey RC90....if you are just jerking my chain then shame on me but

FOR CHRISSAKES HAVEN'T YOU MEATHEADS EVER HEARD OF MICK DOOHAN?

post #29 of 44 Old 06-27-2007, 02:47 AM
my2ndhornet

Wayne Gardiner b4 that.
There were some great races between Gardiner, Shwantz, Rainey, Lawson Snr and Mick Doohan.
Darryl Beattie and Kevin McGee also come to mind.
Don't know if Bayliss and Corser did GP bikes though.
Brookes and Muggeridge may or may not come through.
It all adds to the interest though.

Sorry for going totally off topic re Danny

Candy Red
2005-CB900F
post #30 of 44 Old 06-27-2007, 08:04 AM Thread Starter

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Hey RC90....if you are just jerking my chain then shame on me
But of course I am my dear... I still remember when Criville was nagging at Honda that why Mick was the only one riding the Screamer engine when everyone was stuck with the Big Bang (it could have been the other way around though!) and for the next test, they prep a bike for Criville with that engine configuration, I think he lasted but 4 or 5 laps when he came in to the pits telling his crew that Doohan was insane or had a constat deathwish because that bike was totally unrideable... (Talk about balls of steele!)

I thought, for certain that Daryll Beattie was going to be the next Doohan but he turned out to be another Luca Cadalora or Max Biaggi... they needed to have the perfect day, bike & setup to be unstopables. It was an awesome sight to see though because even the MIghty Doohan couldn't catch up with them on those days. Hell, Doohan even said it once that when Cadalora was on his game, he couldn't be touched!

Don't get me wrong, the 500GP 2 stroke bikes decided who were man and who were just pretending to be one because there was no TC or electronics back in those days but, I wouldn't change the racing we have today because, as a fan of motorcycle racing, the closer they are lap by lap, the more I can appreciate what I am watching.

I do open the MotoGP.com archives from time to time and watch the old 2 smokers just to satisfy my age and sanity!

post #31 of 44 Old 07-02-2007, 06:49 AM
Aquilifer

Awards Showcase

Looks like Pedrosa might be sticking around...

http://www.crash.net/news_view~cid~6~id~150551.htm

-Joe
post #32 of 44 Old 07-02-2007, 06:57 AM Thread Starter

Awards Showcase

Hmmm, perhaps what he [Dani] said really hit home with HRC this time around? I mean, is no secret the bike sucks big donkey balls.

I am trying to catch up the Interview before the race where, allegedly, NIcky says that one of the HRC wigs told him the bike was designed around Dani, hence, the problems all the Honda riders are having.

post #33 of 44 Old 07-02-2007, 07:28 AM
Aquilifer

Awards Showcase

I thought that was the idea, because he was the up and coming, the bike was designed for him. Maybe that was just rumors I read on one of the websites, but it made sense.

'Course, if it is true, it probably infuriates him that Hayden ran away from him at Assen...

-Joe
post #34 of 44 Old 07-02-2007, 07:46 AM
Site Founder

Awards Showcase

Quote:
I am trying to catch up the Interview before the race where, allegedly, NIcky says that one of the HRC wigs told him the bike was designed around Dani, hence, the problems all the Honda riders are having.
CBS aired it Saturday.
I've got it on the dvr. He didn't say it was designed around Pedrosa. He said it wasn't designed around himself.

post #35 of 44 Old 07-02-2007, 08:26 AM
Fool in the Rain

Garage

Awards Showcase

Quote:
CBS aired it Saturday.
I've got it on the dvr. He didn't say it was designed around Pedrosa. He said it wasn't designed around himself.
And added it's quite frustrating when the lead engineer tells you this, knowing you're then number one plate and they didn't take you into consideration.

post #36 of 44 Old 07-02-2007, 08:36 AM
Power 2 the pedal

Awards Showcase
Extraordinary Ride Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 

Quote:
CBS aired it Saturday.
And what a phenomenal job they both did commentating.

If you had never watched a MotoGP before, I don't know how a person could keep up with the confusion in rider's names vs. track placement.

Sorry, rant-off.

post #37 of 44 Old 07-02-2007, 08:37 AM
Fool in the Rain

Garage

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidgeRunner View Post
And what a phenomenal job they both did commentating.

If you had never watched a MotoGP before, I don't know how a person could keep up with the confusion in rider's names vs. track placement.

Sorry, rant-off.
And both were about as exciting as watching a pumpkin rot.

post #38 of 44 Old 07-02-2007, 08:49 AM
Site Founder

Awards Showcase

i don't disagree.
but, Kevin is welcome in the pits and the riders know him and will talk with him. Even though they don't have the broadcast talent I still enjoyed it better than 2 guys who are doing voiceovers who don't know one rider from the next.

post #39 of 44 Old 07-02-2007, 10:43 AM Thread Starter

Awards Showcase

I think that commentators in the US need to dumb-down the narration a bit for those that no nothing about the sport, which in turn, infureates (sp?) many of motorcycle riders and race fans alike but, if this will bring more m/c racing to the networks... I am all for it.

Hell, I watched lived via motogp.com and then, I turn the channel to CBS at 2 pm just so I can add my grain of salt to whoever checks on the viewers for that time slot.

Being said that, I loved the 2 guys from WSBK as they really get into it, the motogp guys are a little bias when it comes to Valentino but they sure surprised me yesterday giving Nicky Major props the whole race... until Valentino passed him that is

Kevin, I just re-watched the live telecast from motogp.com and that Interview with Nicky is no where to be found... mighty strange isn't it? I thought CBS was grabbing the live feed from Dorna and motogp.com uses that as well? I'm confused now. I thought that Nicky is no dummy and wouldn't comment as harsh as I was told he did but, if it is true, he has a right to be pissed off, even though, he pretty much knew it was coming when he signed for HRC last year.

post #40 of 44 Old 07-02-2007, 05:25 PM
Living the dream

Good to hear Nicky sticking up for himself and then beat Pedrosa.

The commentators are dull but have to agree with Jet that Kevin is welcome in the pits.

Laguna should be interesting...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode