Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 1

Ben Spies-next stop

http://www.motorcycledaily.com/22may06_spies.htm

-Mercedes- or you can call me YaYa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 05-24-2006, 01:16 PM

Ben Spies in MGP...I do not think he is ready to be honest. When Nicky raced inthe AMA it was diffrent than it is now so I think his transisition was great considering he was 5th overall in points his first year in MGP.

My .02 spies = Not ready...those bikes are a whole new world and soul to them. I do like that he is spankin Mat Mladin ( jacka$$)

post #3 of 8 Old 05-24-2006, 04:56 PM

Frankly it is embarrassing to the AMA SPB series, there is no competition in the class with Spies out so far ahead. Ohh look here comes Spies, ohh and there's Mladin draggin behind, and waaaayyyy back there is Duhamel, and then a mix of Hodgson/Zemke/Yates throw in a Hayden brother. They need to get factory competitive machinery out there in the Honda/Kawasaki and Yamaha garages and up the displacement on the Ducks to 1200. Ohh and finally there's Ben Bostrom doing the clean up lap.

post #4 of 8 Old 05-24-2006, 05:00 PM

Awards Showcase
Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 2

It will take more time to adapt just because he hates flying and well... there's more flying than racing in MotoGP, that's for sure

On the other hand, he seems to be more aggressive than Nicky is/was and that will help him a lot on MotoGP. He likes to get out fast and set his own rythim at the front, Nicky, on the other hand, liked to lay back, get comfortable and then start picking up guys one by one and that doesn't pay much in MotoGP (at least it hasn't for Nicky yet!).

Now, I am hoping that Ben will rather stay in the AMA to go to MOtoGP with Suzuki since they seemed to be the slower of them all to catch up to changes (as they are up to now getting it done with their MotoGP program just when they will have to start from scratch again )

post #5 of 8 Old 06-15-2006, 05:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papapump51
Ben Spies in MGP...I do not think he is ready to be honest. When Nicky raced inthe AMA it was diffrent than it is now so I think his transisition was great considering he was 5th overall in points his first year in MGP.

My .02 spies = Not ready...those bikes are a whole new world and soul to them. I do like that he is spankin Mat Mladin ( jacka$$)
Spies is actually MORE ready than Hayden was. The difference is that he has a bit more "Hopkins" in him than Nicky. He's ballsy, confident and only 20 if I'm not mistaken. He won't have a problem doing the things that are necessary to get on the pace in MotoGP (read: crashing violently and frequently). I think the next MotoGP star from the USA will either be Spies or DiSalvo. I've had DiSalvo pegged, but that's because I've ridden on track with him and seen him up close... well, for a brief moment anyway. DiSalvo is the most technically sound rider I've seen up close since Miguel... time will tell.

post #6 of 8 Old 06-15-2006, 05:52 AM
Left Hand Suzuki Method

I think Yamaha is taking DiSalvo over for the long Sazuka races this year. This would be his first real step in moving up the Yamaha chain. Then I would suppose off to WSBK and if he can hang with Haga and the boys, then maybe GP?

post #7 of 8 Old 08-27-2006, 08:08 AM
WoW

There is no doubt that Spies is a talented rider, however I do not think he is ready either. He's only beating to other guys with capable machines. Mladin, and Yates.

Yates: I never thought this guy was very good anyway
Miguel and Zemke: Trying to build a competitive bike basically development riders
Hayden Brothers: First year of the program, obviously can't compete with the Suzuki (three years in development now)
Ducati: Go put an F1 car on your local INDY 500! bumper car track and see how you do. Duc= Amazing machines, but not really suited for the go-kart tracks that the AMA primarily races on.

So that leaves Mladin, and when you only have to beat one guy, it becomes a lot easier. Only one strategy to work out, one style of riding to learn and overcome etc...

Find me on all over the web:

www.vwvortex.com- spoolin215
www.honda-tech.com- germanhondaslayer
www.bodybuilding.com- forcefedfreak
www.triumphrat.net- forcefedfreak
post #8 of 8 Old 08-27-2006, 08:12 AM
Primus Pilus

Garage
Quote:
Ducati: Go put an F1 car on your local INDY 500! bumper car track and see how you do. Duc= Amazing machines, but not really suited for the go-kart tracks that the AMA primarily races on.
I would agree with this statement for some tracks, but RA is no go-kart track, my friend. Lots of AMA tracks are smallish compared to Road America.

2002 919 40,000 miles
"racing is life...everything else is just waiting"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode