Back from JenningsGP - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 6 Old 06-27-2006, 10:09 AM Thread Starter

Back from JenningsGP

I ran Jennings the last two weekends in a row and had a great time.

I think the picture speaks for itself.

I was chasing that guy on the FZ1 for 3 laps trying to get around him. He gave me another opportunity in T9 so I took it and cleared him. Then I made the mistake of dropping my focus to the inside looking for him and by then time I looked up the edge of the track was coming fast. I ran wide by about 6" in T10 and tucked the front in some sand. The guys around me did a great job not running me over.

After looking a little closer at the photo I noticed that you can barely see my helmet if you look over the left shoulder of the guy on the FZ1. I got up and ran back to the bike which left the guy in the A* leathers a clean track to go around me. I remember looking back at him and he was doing the curly shuffle trying to figure out which way to go becuase the bike jumped back into the middle of the track leaving me on the outside and him no where to go. I got up and ran back to get the bike up and signalled to the corner worker that I was fine but he was still running across the field. I was shocked at the minimal damage to the bike. All in all it was two great weekends in a row.

Here's the bike...The Vortex sliders did a great job and took 90% of the damage. There's only a slight bit a road rash on the lower fairing. That's it!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 06-27-2006, 10:11 AM Thread Starter

A few more track day photos from Brian at PhotoOne.

I think this is the second session out.

Here's the 3rd session and the one I crashed in.

post #3 of 6 Old 06-27-2006, 10:15 AM
Site Founder

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Extraordinary Ride Trackday Recognition Extraordinary Ride 
Total Awards: 6

glad to read you're OK and the bike didn't have much damage at all. Very fortunate! I wondered what that was on the FZ1 rider's back. Thought maybe a speed hump, but it was you.

post #4 of 6 Old 06-27-2006, 10:16 AM
Quitting is for Quitters!

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 1

You got lucky there. That's where Hector went down, coming outta 10 going to 11. He however, as you know got run over. I'm glad you are ok and the bike is too.

-Mercedes- or you can call me YaYa
post #5 of 6 Old 06-27-2006, 10:20 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetblast10
glad to read you're OK and the bike didn't have much damage at all. Very fortunate! I wondered what that was on the FZ1 rider's back. Thought maybe a speed hump, but it was you.
Yep, we're not riding 2up.

post #6 of 6 Old 06-27-2006, 10:24 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleNinja
You got lucky there. That's where Hector went down, coming outta 10 going to 11. He however, as you know got run over. I'm glad you are ok and the bike is too.
The CW from T9 came running over as fast as he could. He was more shook up then I was. He kept saying, "Man that looked ugly!" I didn't realize there were 3 other guys behind us so I was a little surprised to look up and see the other guys baring down on me. That's not a good place to go down though. I was right in the race line.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode