#@$!^&#%#$@! - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 117 Old 10-15-2006, 06:25 AM Thread Starter
The Guy passing you...

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation BOTM Donation 
Total Awards: 5

Thumbs down #@$!^&#%#[email protected]! <spoiler!>

Got my ass up at 4:55am only to have the MotoGP site go "Tango Uniform" 20 minutes into the race!

-Dave

"I live my life in a confused haze only to be interrupted by moments of brilliance..."

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 117 Old 10-15-2006, 06:27 AM
Legatus Legionis

Awards Showcase
Community Leadership Donation Donation Community Leadership 
Total Awards: 6

Speed TV 12:30 pm.

post #3 of 117 Old 10-15-2006, 06:39 AM
Fool in the Rain

Garage

Awards Showcase
Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Extraordinary Ride Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 4

Danny Boy headed the warm up.

"Towards the end of the vid, it looks like she may have had a bafflectomy." - MarylandMike

post #4 of 117 Old 10-15-2006, 10:44 AM
Stare into me...

Awards Showcase
Extraordinary Ride Donation Extraordinary Ride Donation 

#@$!^&#%#[email protected]!

This is a really good title for a thread pertaining to this race

I just can't believe it.........

post #5 of 117 Old 10-15-2006, 10:50 AM
Site Founder

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Extraordinary Ride Trackday Recognition Extraordinary Ride 

F**k!!!
F**k!!!
F**k!!!
F**k!!!
F**k!!!
F**k!!!
F**k!!!
F**k!!!

Argh!!!!!!!!

give him 2 minutes behind closed door and someone's going to get a serious beat down and he better be hiding in his trailer right now.

post #6 of 117 Old 10-15-2006, 11:04 AM
Site Founder

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Extraordinary Ride Trackday Recognition Extraordinary Ride 

Spoiler:

I really just cannot believe that happened. How absolutely f**king stupid can Pedrosa be? Nicky has to be raging right now - that ranks among the stupidest things I've ever seen on the track.

post #7 of 117 Old 10-15-2006, 11:27 AM
Fool in the Rain

Garage

Awards Showcase
Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Extraordinary Ride Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 

Spoiler:

Faggot
Undermined
Championship for
Kentucky
Way to go Honda. No team orders huh?

Pedro better be in a LOCKED trailer right now.

"Towards the end of the vid, it looks like she may have had a bafflectomy." - MarylandMike
post #8 of 117 Old 10-15-2006, 11:30 AM
Aquilifer

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation Veteran 
Total Awards: 3

Spoiler:
+1 to Elias, at least Hayden has an outside chance, but I agree with everyone else, I can't believe Hayden didn't beat Pedrosa into a bloody pulp there in the gravel...

-Joe
post #9 of 117 Old 10-15-2006, 11:32 AM

yeah...um...that's about all i'm gonna say right now till i get my sailor's mouth under control

post #10 of 117 Old 10-15-2006, 11:41 AM
Legatus Legionis

Awards Showcase

Spoiler:
Holy crap! That has to go down as one of the all time bonehead racing moves I have ever seen. Should be interesting to see How Honda handles this.

post #11 of 117 Old 10-15-2006, 11:55 AM
Living the dream

Spoiler:
Can not beleive no orders to stay behind. Than to make a freakin bone head pass like that. OK if you want to try and pass but at least do it safely. Never seen Nicky that upset but definitely more than understandable. Pedros better have run. Nicky has every right to beat him to death.

Anybody know voodoo? I curse Dani for eternity in sports.

post #12 of 117 Old 10-15-2006, 11:57 AM

Spoiler:
I only caught the end of the race, can someone tell me what happened between Nicky and Dani?

post #13 of 117 Old 10-15-2006, 11:59 AM
Living the dream

Spoiler:
Dani freakin punted Nicky off the track. Tried a bonehead inside move, tucked the front and took him out.

post #14 of 117 Old 10-15-2006, 12:01 PM
Fool in the Rain

Garage

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLR_Nate View Post
Spoiler:
Dani freakin punted Nicky off the track. Tried a bonehead inside move, tucked the front and took him out.
on lap 2.

post #15 of 117 Old 10-15-2006, 12:06 PM

I see, thanks guys. That sucks mucho.

post #16 of 117 Old 10-15-2006, 12:21 PM

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 1

I would have loved to been in the Honda pits afer that. I would have loved to hear what was said.

post #17 of 117 Old 10-15-2006, 12:37 PM
Legatus Legionis

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motohead View Post
I would have loved to been in the Honda pits afer that. I would have loved to hear what was said.
Valencia serĂ¡ su raza pasada para Honda usted asno mudo poco bonehead.

Translation from Spanish to English
Spoiler:

Valencia will be your last race for Honda you dumb ass little bonehead.

post #18 of 117 Old 10-15-2006, 12:40 PM Thread Starter
The Guy passing you...

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation BOTM Donation 

Spoiler:
Its a tough break, but all in all nothing that hasnt happend before in racing. It is just compounded by the fact Nicky is going for the championship and they are team mates. I did think it was little too early in the race to be dicing that hard though.

Way to go Elias for the win and KRJR.

So Hayden needs to wint he Valencia race and Rossi has to finish 3rd or wrse in order for Hayden to wint he championship!

Game on!!

and then there was one! One race left to decide it all!

-Dave

"I live my life in a confused haze only to be interrupted by moments of brilliance..."

post #19 of 117 Old 10-15-2006, 01:19 PM
Il bambino e un cani

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation Veteran Donation 

Spoiler....Don't read...I don't know how to hide it.

Spoiler:
Freakin totally lame ass move by Pedrosa. He was trying to do some payback for Nicky's aggressive pass the lap before and couldn't hack it...freakin amature move.
Probably cost Nicky and Honda the championship. If I was Honda I'd tell the guy...we're cutting your pay by 2 million...take it or leave it. With all his skill it still seems Pedrosa doesn't have the ice to deal with the big dogs when things get tight. It's not the first bone-head move he's made this year....most of the others he's gotten away with. When things get hairy he still thinks he's on a 250 where the bikes are more forgiving of getting in too hot.
The dude would have gone down even if Nicky wasn't there....it wasn't even close to possible what he was trying. One little nudge from the championship leader and Pedrosa loses all his cool.
I hate him.

JohnnyB

post #20 of 117 Old 10-15-2006, 01:21 PM

Awards Showcase
Law Enforcement 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetblast10 View Post
F**k!!!
F**k!!!
F**k!!!
F**k!!!
F**k!!!
F**k!!!
F**k!!!
F**k!!!

Argh!!!!!!!!

give him 2 minutes behind closed door and someone's going to get a serious beat down and he better be hiding in his trailer right now.

Easy there............I never expected that kind of language from you. It was one of the best races this year (with the exception of the little "mishap")

post #21 of 117 Old 10-15-2006, 01:38 PM
Site Founder

Awards Showcase

oh, I was yelling at the tv! I'd have strangled him if he were in front of me.

post #22 of 117 Old 10-15-2006, 02:38 PM

Awards Showcase
Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 2

Well, I woke up at 6:40 (on a Sunday no less) cos I couldn't sleep anymore with all the anticipation, went downstair, started my morning brew, went outside, sparked a smoke because I knew I still had a long way to go and I didn't want to bother smoking until it was over. Watched the pre-race interviews, Nicky looked in form and game face was on like never before.

8:00 A.M. in the Morning, wifey has shush me a few times already cos I am moving to much on the damn chair and I am making to much noise, I pay no mind and turn the volume on my headsets a bit louder. Race starts and I'm getting nervous cos the kid is already in 4th by the time they get to the first turn but, I see Dani get to 2nd so I calm down a bit (I have never had a good feeling when Nicky and Dani are racing in tandem), Nicky is a little behind the lead group and I fear that he's not ready to race and it will be to late by the time he gets into his game and the race won't come back to him but then, Nicky passes Edward on the Outside of turn one... Talked about a ballsy move and being in control.

Edwards passes Nicky back (now is when this Asshat decides to race for the Championship? Arrggh, can't blame him though, he's doing what a good team mate would do!) and a few turns later passes Dani as well, Colins backs off a bit and Rossi starts to go (Not at all a good thing here!!!)... C'mon Nikcy, is now or never buddy, win it or bin it is not a choice but I know in my heart that you can do this (is what I am telling myself all this time). all of a sudden he puts a move on Dani that I see as a little to close for comfort but on Nicky's defense, Dani was going back for a bit (maybe he got spooked when colin passed him on the Chicane?).

They get very close on a turn where Nicky is always going a bit sideays and Dani takes it on the inside (ala 250) and I get a bit nervous, Nicky's catching back on Colin and he's bringing Dani along (Good... Not Good? I don't know, he might need him at the end)... they get to the same turn again and I see Dani starting to get to the inside while Nicky is still trying to square off the turn and my heart just stops fraction of a second before I see the crash on what appears to me like slow motion (have you ever had those feelings? Spooky I tell you). Now, it is only about 8:10 A.M. by now, wifey sleeping remember and all I can do is just sit there, dumb founded for about 20 secs, COMMENTATORS & paddock ARE SCREAMING OR IN AN awe TO WHAT IS HAPPENING, I am not even looking at the race anymore but just listen to the commentators go crazy and all of a sudden Mark is able to get to Pete Benson and asks him how did he sees this and Pete says... This is FOOKIN pointless BLAH BLAH... pardon my French , to make matters worse, I loose the stupid Live feed from MotoGP... WHAT??????? ARE YOU KIDDING ME???? IS THIS SOME SORT OF JOKE????

So, I take everything off, turn the PC off and go downstairs, grab my cigs and call my Partner (I know his watching it live as well), guy is so pissed off he says he doesn't want to talk at that moment (he is a die hard HOnda fan, doesn't care who's riding on the bike as long as it says Honda on it)... damn, now what do I do? I have 3 cups of coffee on me, there is no way in hell I can go back to bed right now, I light, yet. another smoke and I grab my keys, go to the Auto parts, comeback and do a wash on my truck that will last for about 6 mnths at the very least

Now that I am more calm, I'm going to play Devil's advocate on you guys... it is pretty much the assumption of all of you that Dani is 100% to blame here right?

Ok, after watching all the camera angles, there is a thorn stabbing me in the back of my head and I can't believe this could be possible but maybe, just maybe, Colin had something to do with the whole thing as well?

Nicky always takes that turn backing it in but he's able to go to the inside right away and this turn, it appears that he's on the brakes longer than at any other time, perhaps because Colin Slowed down more to spook Nicky? it sure looked like Nicky was very close to Colin before the hit, almost touched Colin's back tire. Dani took an educated guess and thought he could get out in time after Nicky had already passed and help him close the gap just a bit more?

No? to thin? I am totally and way off on that assumption? It could never happened? He (Colin) is surely playing backup for Vale and it showed so... why not?

After all the fiasco and thermoil, who here believes that Elias took the show and ran with it? He was racing like a demon, like someone lit a forest fire on his ass and he needed to get to a water hose pronto... WOW. For a few seconds though, I thought that KRJR was going to take it and I was screaming at the TV (by this time I decided to watch it on TV afterall). Did you see the Disbelief in Vale's face at the Interview.

Man, if Elias doesn't get a ride from Honda next year, they at least owe him the Million they will deduct from Pedrosa... Those 5 points will be valuable for Nicky.

I know all of you watched the same race I did but, I needed to say the whole thing and get it out of my system so... sue me!

post #23 of 117 Old 10-15-2006, 02:57 PM
Fool in the Rain

Garage

Awards Showcase

Rumor has it Pedro broke a finger, said he just got in too hot. Little bastid is lucky to be alive. I'm just glad Nicky isn't hurt.

post #24 of 117 Old 10-15-2006, 03:00 PM
Bitten

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Community Leadership Extraordinary Ride Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 

I guess we are not worried about spoilers anymore.

Spoiler:
The season is not over! If Nicky and Pedrosa pull a 1 - 2, Nicky wins the Championship.

Virginia Beach Remodeling
Spoiler:
Ride In Peace Marcus Randolph (Kahuna) 12/17/06
post #25 of 117 Old 10-15-2006, 03:16 PM
Fool in the Rain

Garage

Awards Showcase

Spoiler:

"I don't know what to say really - it just hurts," said a stunned Hayden. "I don't expect Dani to pull over and let me by but I definitely didn't expect him to do that. We're professionals and Dani did come to my motorhome and talk to me afterwards and we shook hands."

"What can I say? I made a mistake and I'm really sorry," offered Pedrosa. "It's the first time I've hit another rider in my career - it's never happened before in practice or racing in six years and it's happened at the worst moment that I could do it. Obviously I'm very unhappy and Nicky is not happy and I just want to apologise because I made a mistake. I said sorry to Nicky and I can understand that he is very upset – I wish I could change it. I didn't want to pass him at that moment. I braked and my rear wheel came off the ground and then it touched the ground again, I got a little more speed. I couldn't stop the bike and there was nowhere to go. I have a fracture in my little finger but we have time for it to be ok for Valencia."

"This extraordinary season is not over yet. Obviously our target for the next race at Valencia is for Nicky to win and for Dani to finish second which would give Nicky the riders' championship title," confirmed team manager Makoto Tanaka.

Mr. Tanaka needs to think ahead a little sooner. Sounds like team orders now.

post #26 of 117 Old 10-15-2006, 03:37 PM

Awards Showcase
Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 

Oh and BTW, I blame HRC more than I blame Dani on this here fiasco... My thinking is that you don't give your competitors a break when you leading on any championship. If there was no clutch thing, Nicky could have afforded a DNF. HRC saw a big lead and they maybe thought, hmmm, we can test more during race weekends since we have a big lead... Bastids!!!

That's it, I am pulling all my stock from Honda & HRC now... I'll share the ONE beer that I'm going to be able to buy with that stock with all of you guys at jennings

post #27 of 117 Old 10-15-2006, 03:41 PM
Heavy Metal

Awards Showcase
Donation Extraordinary Ride Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 

AAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

post #28 of 117 Old 10-15-2006, 03:43 PM

Awards Showcase
Law Enforcement 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratdog View Post
AAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

Well put!

post #29 of 117 Old 10-15-2006, 09:31 PM
The "Eagle" Has Landed

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 3

I was left speechless. I mean, c'mon, it doesn't matter what you were thinking or trying to do. The point is, Nicky was the man of the season, your season was done. Help your team mate win the championship and come in glowing the next season.

I too blame HRC for some of this with their insane hierachy within the team. You knew trouble was brewing from that initial pass Nicky made on Faggy Pedrosa.

Unless you knew for DAMN SURE you could make a clean pass, don't take an unneccesary risk - especially that early in the race. I can't wait to see these two in the next season. I felt horrible for Nicky.

post #30 of 117 Old 10-15-2006, 09:52 PM
Heavy Metal

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Freakin totally lame ass move by Pedrosa. He was trying to do some payback for Nicky's aggressive pass the lap before and couldn't hack it...freakin amature move.
that's exactly what i was thinkin at the time...

maybe he did go in too hot like he said, but it was early and nicky had shut the door ...

krjr raced like a man on a mission at the end, i was pullin for him and glad he did what he did...anything to keep rossi in 2nd, turns out it helped E. make the pass i think

the last 2-3 laps were incredible to watch...especially that last pass on the brakes at the end of the straight ...crazy..

post #31 of 117 Old 10-15-2006, 10:02 PM
Tribuni Angusticlavii

Awards Showcase
Helping a Member in Need 

just watched it myself and i think dani just fubbed up thinking he really wasnt trying to pass, just was like sure if i can but it got away from him, shouldve just stuck to hydens arse and tried to help.. it was a great ending even if he wasnt in it

post #32 of 117 Old 10-16-2006, 04:10 AM

Wow, I'm a little surprised by some who think there should have been team orders. I hate Pedrosa more than I can express, but there should be NO team orders when he has a chance to win the title himself. It's not fair to ask a rider... even a guy you found at the circus... to pull over when he could possibly win a title with a few other riders going down.

Second, Hayden's problem on the track is the same one off the track... he's TOO NICE! What do you think Doohan would have done in the same situation? I'm not saying you go midget tossing or anything, but at least do some pointing and chest bumping. And did anyone see the Hayden post race interview??? He's in tears! Crying!? There's no CRYING in racing! When he should be slapping Pedrosa around his motorhome, he's crying.

Lastly, and most importantly to me, Elias finally showed up. I talked smack about him being the next Rossi for a long time, how he was by far the most gifted rider coming into the series, yada, yada... only to be disappointed by his results. Estoril was his coming out party, he looked like the Elias of old... PO'd and completely out of control. You could imagine the look on Rossi's face as Elias breezed by like he was anchored down, priceless... sort of like he couldn't process how someone could go 20 MPH faster than him into a corner... and who ees numero 24? I'm glad to see him win, in a few years it will be Pedrosa v. Elias all over again only this time the weight (or lack of) won't be as big of a deal... can't wait!
[spoiler]

post #33 of 117 Old 10-16-2006, 04:58 AM
Fool in the Rain

Garage

Awards Showcase

Anybody else notice that Nakano looked like he got knocked the f out. I thought he was dead until they showed him being hauled off on the stretcher. Thought they were going to red flag it, which would have been havoc on Nicky's clutch. Might have turned out different if they did.

post #34 of 117 Old 10-16-2006, 05:45 AM
WoW

Someone find the thread I posted in earlier this year and I said Pedrosa was reckless and I bet money he's gonna take himself and Hayden out in the last race, and Rossi will win the championship. ANd then some guy argued with me that Pedrosa wasn't reckless. All I can say is I CALLED THIS ****. 2nd to last race...close enough.

Find me on all over the web:

www.vwvortex.com- spoolin215
www.honda-tech.com- germanhondaslayer
www.bodybuilding.com- forcefedfreak
www.triumphrat.net- forcefedfreak
post #35 of 117 Old 10-16-2006, 07:16 AM
C'est la vie

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 

Anybody else see Tony Stewart on Windtunnel? He said he would lift him up and hang him on a hook while still in his leathers, slap him around for a while and then slap him around some more.

post #36 of 117 Old 10-16-2006, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil' redneck girl View Post
yeah...um...that's about all i'm gonna say right now till i get my sailor's mouth under control
I like a woman with a dirty mouth

being one of 2 HRC fans at my motogp party I was under sevre redicule untill they all admitted they wanted an american win as well

post #37 of 117 Old 10-16-2006, 10:02 AM
Heavy Metal

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaJim View Post
Anybody else notice that Nakano looked like he got knocked the f out. I thought he was dead until they showed him being hauled off on the stretcher. Thought they were going to red flag it, which would have been havoc on Nicky's clutch. Might have turned out different if they did.
oh man, that was bad...i was just about to call and remind my dad that the race was on but i held off cause i didn't want him to see a lifeless form being hauled off (dad will be makin the trip to the track w/ me one of these next couple of visits...didn't want any negative kharma hangin around)

i was real happy to see nak holding his hands up over his body when they were carrying the stretcher off...at least he was alive and could move some stuff

that was just the beginnin of the carnage of the opening laps...sheesh

post #38 of 117 Old 10-16-2006, 10:04 AM
Heavy Metal

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by forcefedfreak View Post
Someone find the thread I posted in earlier this year and I said Pedrosa was reckless and I bet money he's gonna take himself and Hayden out in the last race, and Rossi will win the championship. ANd then some guy argued with me that Pedrosa wasn't reckless. All I can say is I CALLED THIS ****. 2nd to last race...close enough.
found it

Quote:
Originally Posted by nostrafreakindamus
this is how I see it going down...

it coming down to Rossi, Pedrosa, and Hayden at the final race. Whoever wins, takes the championship. Hayden and Pedrosa are out front battling, Pedrosa takes himself and Hayden out. Rossi wins it...

Has anyone SEEN Pedrosa ride? The dude is ****ing reckless as hell.

Get Bent

dude, you and HondaJim should get together and tell us how the world is gonna end or at least pick me some winnin lottery tix or somethin...

post #39 of 117 Old 10-16-2006, 10:22 AM
The 919 project continues

Awards Showcase
Donation Veteran 

As I watched it unfold I sat there speechless... then I jumped up and almost threw the remote through the TV screen! My wife came out and saw me standing up yelling at the TV...
I understand a racers competitive spirit, but with 2 races left in the season, if you're not in a position to take the title, DON'T screw your team mate so he can't take it either! Maybe Pedrosa WAS fast enough to cut under Hayden and pass him, but so what? Could he have run with, and passed Rossi? If Hayden is barely clinging onto a points lead and Rossi is rapidly catching up in points, AND currently leading the race, why would you try to cut under your team mate and push him further back??? If anything, he should have stayed on Hayden's tail and helped him out. Besides, it was only lap 2, and the front runners were still bunched together, nobody was pulling away yet. At least let the field get settled in before getting reckless.....

Sorry, I had to vent-

I'm glad to see that Nakano is ok.

What a specacular finish! I don't think I was able to blink or breath the entire final 3 laps! My heart was pounding and I was right on the edge of my seat the whole time!

post #40 of 117 Old 10-16-2006, 10:25 AM
Bitten

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Community Leadership Extraordinary Ride Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 

It was lap 4 and I do not believe in team orders for finishing order. I believe Pedrosa should have been heads up like KRJR. I am racing with someone who is fighting for a championship. Give extra care and caution, but beat him if you can.

Virginia Beach Remodeling
Spoiler:
Ride In Peace Marcus Randolph (Kahuna) 12/17/06

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode