5 Races Left - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 30 Old 09-01-2006, 07:35 AM Thread Starter
BANNED!

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 3

5 Races Left

What do you guys think?

Does The Kid have enough in the tank to pull this out?

I LOVE Tig Bitties!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 Old 09-01-2006, 07:47 AM
Fool in the Rain

Garage

Awards Showcase
Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Extraordinary Ride Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 4

The terrible showing last time out sure didn't help. I hope he does.

I would like to see it go down to the last race. When somebody (Rossi) has it wrapped up early the teams start early off season testing, some riders seem to lose the drive to win, etc. To see them line up at the last race with about three having the chance to win would be cool.

"Towards the end of the vid, it looks like she may have had a bafflectomy." - MarylandMike
post #3 of 30 Old 09-01-2006, 08:32 AM

Awards Showcase
Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 2

It is sure looking more and more like a Conspiracy theory from honda wanting Danny to take the Tittle instead of Nicky because I just can't beleive they choose a totally wrong tire after doing so good on practices and Qualifying but if he can put himself past the last fiasco of a race, I am sure he's got the Cojones to keep his points and take the tittle... he has shown that he can throughout the whole year.

Now I understand more and more what Doohan, Rossi, Barros, Biaggi & Gibby went through but I think that, at least, he has showned more than what Barros, Biaggy & Gibby were able to do at that stage.

post #4 of 30 Old 09-06-2006, 08:01 AM Thread Starter
BANNED!

Awards Showcase

I aggree... it seems that tire fiasco was almost out of place. Was it a bad tire or a bad tire choice? I thought the tire just went bad... as in bad rubber... luck of the draw. Not sure there was choice hard vs soft involved but I could be wrong.

If Danny boy wins this... I will be one pissed of puppy!

I dont see anyone running away with it. Its going to be several guys with a shot I think.

Here's to hoping Hayden is one of them!

I LOVE Tig Bitties!
post #5 of 30 Old 09-06-2006, 08:09 AM

Awards Showcase
Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 

Unless Nicky steps up his game, he's not gonna win it.
I think he needs to get into his mindset like he was back in '02. I think Honda is pressuring him to be the leader. He just needs to go out & have fun. Stalk 'em for 17-18 laps, then w/ 4-5 to go, pass 'em (rossi) like he's out on an afternoon ride w/ the bro's.

post #6 of 30 Old 09-06-2006, 08:17 AM
Site Founder

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Extraordinary Ride Trackday Recognition Extraordinary Ride 
Total Awards: 6

Nicky has got to pull something out of his bag of tricks. He looks different in interviews and a couple of candid shots lately. I think he's pissed, I believe Honda isn't giving him the support he needs and a side of me would like to see Yamaha pick him up at Colin's expense, spend next year getting Nicky settled into the new bike and really work with him to place in the top 5 2007. I doubt Rossi will be back in 2008 and Colin doesn't have what it takes to be lead rider anymore. Nicky to Yamaha and Pedrosa to top spot at Honda. Even if Nicky wins 2006 I think 2007 might likely find him wearing blue and down on points.

Stoner is another one to watch. He needs tweaking moreso than an overhaul. I think Stoner is capable of actually doing what Hopper should've been doing.

post #7 of 30 Old 09-06-2006, 01:35 PM Thread Starter
BANNED!

Awards Showcase

Stoner is another one to watch. He needs tweaking moreso than an overhaul. I think Stoner is capable of actually doing what Hopper should've been doing.

I hear that!

I cant believe you just said that. Even if you think it.... I am stunned you would actually say that. Are you nuts? I suppose you dont like George W. Bush either?! Or puppy dogs and ice cream?! And I bet you fantasize about Canadian women.... well.... there's nothing wrong there!

I just think the kids so close... I see him a little miffed about his team situation thing as well, but he isnt complaining, and seems to be saying the right things. At least to the general public. Those in the know, may hear a different story.

Personally... I think he has it. Sure Rossi has the talent... but he hasnt seen anyone like this step up with some attitude before and say "hey... we're coming for you!"

Now I wish no one any harm... but this Pedrossa twirp... he better move over... or he's gonna get run over.

Would love to see a Rossi vs Biaggi 2 with Hayden bitchslapping little Danni pre press chat. Although I think it may be more than a slap!

I LOVE Tig Bitties!
post #8 of 30 Old 09-06-2006, 01:59 PM

Awards Showcase
Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwest View Post

I cant believe you just said that. Even if you think it.... I am stunned you would actually say that. Are you nuts? I suppose you dont like George W. Bush either?! Or puppy dogs and ice cream?! And I bet you fantasize about Canadian women.... well.... there's nothing wrong there!
Yeah, I said it...
Only been a couple races where Nicky looks as smooth as he did back in '02. One being Laguna after he calmed down & shot thru the field to take the lead. Now if he'd do that more often!! He proved he can spank italian monkey boys butt. He just needs to friggin relax & have fun doing it.
Honda should've used him @ Mid-Ohio... saying, "here's a bike, now go out there & show Duhamel & Zemke that Mladin/Spies aren't all they're cracked up to be.", letting him "toy" w/ them in his old stomping ground. Hell he prolly could've ridden an RC & beaten everyone. Now wouldn't that have been funny?

post #9 of 30 Old 09-06-2006, 02:12 PM
WoW

this is how I see it going down...

it coming down to Rossi, Pedrosa, and Hayden at the final race. Whoever wins, takes the championship. Hayden and Pedrosa are out front battling, Pedrosa takes himself and Hayden out. Rossi wins it...

Has anyone SEEN Pedrosa ride? The dude is ****ing reckless as hell.

Find me on all over the web:

www.vwvortex.com- spoolin215
www.honda-tech.com- germanhondaslayer
www.bodybuilding.com- forcefedfreak
www.triumphrat.net- forcefedfreak
post #10 of 30 Old 09-06-2006, 04:49 PM

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by forcefedfreak View Post
this is how I see it going down...

it coming down to Rossi, Pedrosa, and Hayden at the final race. Whoever wins, takes the championship. Hayden and Pedrosa are out front battling, Pedrosa takes himself and Hayden out. Rossi wins it...

Has anyone SEEN Pedrosa ride? The dude is ****ing reckless as hell.
Pedrosa ain't reckless at all, he's the more mature 20 year old rider you have ever seen or perhaps known. He's just a winner and his mindset says so... scared of nobody, not even Valentino he is (not many can say that!).

Being said that, I hate the fact that he's getting the Royal treatment instead of our boy Nicky but it goes with the territory and Citizenship. Repsol finally have a Spaniard that can Win Championships for all the money they have spent with Honda all these (this?) years.

They would gladly pay Honda double that amount if he wins the Championship on his Rookie season... how's that for a rumor or conspiracy theory?

post #11 of 30 Old 09-06-2006, 06:35 PM
WoW

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC90 View Post
Pedrosa ain't reckless at all, he's the more mature 20 year old rider you have ever seen or perhaps known. :

I beg to differ. In several races this year, I have seen him make risky and silly moves that have almost taken out several other riders. The kid is talented as ****, but I just think he gets impatient sometimes and just tries to pull moves that won't/don't work.

post #12 of 30 Old 09-06-2006, 06:49 PM

Awards Showcase

Quote:
I beg to differ. In several races this year, I have seen him make risky and silly moves that have almost taken out several other riders. The kid is talented as ****, but I just think he gets impatient sometimes and just tries to pull moves that won't/don't work.
But all the Bonehead moves that Rossi has done up to know are ok because he is/was the world champion?

I don't know if you were fortunate enough to have watched Pedrosa back when he was racing 125's and 250's... I did and believe me, he was the most patient guy out there. Sure there are a few times that he might get impatient (who doesn't), the difference is that when Rossi does'm we don't see anything wrong with it because we figure that it is his right as Champion.

He's not my cup of tea but, at the end of the day, he is only a 20 yr old kid racing for a Championship on his Rookie year (Not even Rossi can claim that!).

post #13 of 30 Old 09-07-2006, 06:08 AM
WoW

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC90 View Post
But all the Bonehead moves that Rossi has done up to now are ok because he is/was the world champion?
whoa whoa, I never said that! I feel the same way about Rossi, but I think he has calmed down (A bit) these days. Although with everything on the line, who knows what will happen in the last 5.

post #14 of 30 Old 09-07-2006, 06:15 AM
Legatus Legionis

Awards Showcase
Community Leadership Donation Donation Community Leadership 

Just curious, what is the points breakdown for each race?

Current Standings

1 Nicky Hayden 201
2 Dani Pedrosa 176
3 Valentino Rossi 163
4 Marco Melandri 161
5 Loris Capirossi 151
6 Casey Stoner 101
7 Kenny Roberts Jr. 92
8 Colin Edwards 90
9 John Hopkins 83
10 Shinya Nakano 75

post #15 of 30 Old 09-07-2006, 06:19 AM Thread Starter
BANNED!

Awards Showcase

Pedrossa isnt reckless.... certainly not as reckless as Rossi is in traffic at the end of a race. Pedrossa pokes and prods and pushes... but hell he even backed off on Nicky after rubbing the right side of Nicky's leathers with his front wheel!

I just dont care for the guy. Ever hear one of his podium speeches? The whinnyest, little pencil necked, pimple faced kid I ever hear. Maybe it was the language differences... but I wanted to reach through the screen and slap him.

If he takes out Nicky at the end of race... theres going to be some action in the paddock!

I LOVE Tig Bitties!
post #16 of 30 Old 09-07-2006, 06:20 AM Thread Starter
BANNED!

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by m51142 View Post

Current Standings

1 Nicky Hayden 201
2 Dani Pedrosa 176
3 Valentino Rossi 163
4 Marco Melandri 161
5 Loris Capirossi 151
6 Casey Stoner 101
7 Kenny Roberts Jr. 92
8 Colin Edwards 90
9 John Hopkins 83
10 Shinya Nakano 75
You mean how many points for each position?
1st - 25
2nd - 20 I believe...
3rd - 18?

I should look this up!

I LOVE Tig Bitties!
post #17 of 30 Old 09-07-2006, 06:33 AM

Awards Showcase

Quote:
whoa whoa, I never said that! I feel the same way about Rossi, but I think he has calmed down (A bit) these days. Although with everything on the line, who knows what will happen in the last 5.
Nope, never said that you did, was just pointing a fact for comparison purposes

Is all good, I just get a little razzled when one guy can do bonehead moves and endangered others and it is viewed as part of racing and then, some other guy does the same thing and eveyone jumps on his case... real life I guess.

One thing is for sure, Danny is not about to loose the Championship to Rossi on account of respect or fear, he will fight him tooth and nail as the one to loose more is Rossi in this case.

Can you tell that I am a nervous wreck already... and it is only Thursday?

post #18 of 30 Old 09-07-2006, 06:48 AM
C'est la vie

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 

Quote:
Originally Posted by m51142 View Post

Current Standings

1 Nicky Hayden 201
2 Dani Pedrosa 176
3 Valentino Rossi 163
4 Marco Melandri 161
5 Loris Capirossi 151
6 Casey Stoner 101
7 Kenny Roberts Jr. 92
8 Colin Edwards 90
9 John Hopkins 83
10 Shinya Nakano 75
Speaking of points Mike, are you going to start a thread for this weekend's race picks???

post #19 of 30 Old 09-07-2006, 06:48 AM
Legatus Legionis

Awards Showcase

Quote:
1st - 25
2nd - 20 I believe...
3rd - 18?

I should look this up!
Yup... that's it.

post #20 of 30 Old 09-07-2006, 06:49 AM

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMulford View Post
Speaking of points Mike, are you going to start a thread for this weekend's race picks???
Go easy on him...

edit; https://www.wristtwisters.com/forum/s...ead.php?t=2473

post #21 of 30 Old 09-07-2006, 06:59 AM
Legatus Legionis

Awards Showcase

Quote:
1st - 25
2nd - 20 I believe...
3rd - 18?

I should look this up!
Found it! Also lots of interesting facts.
http://www.motorsportsetc.com/info/points.htm

post #22 of 30 Old 09-07-2006, 07:08 AM
Legatus Legionis

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMulford View Post
Sorry about that, the race picks were in the wrong forum. Fixed! https://www.wristtwisters.com/forum/s...ead.php?t=2473
In my best Uncle Leo voice from Seinfeld " I'm a old man...I'm so confused"

post #23 of 30 Old 09-29-2006, 07:44 AM Thread Starter
BANNED!

Awards Showcase

OK... so its looking more and more like it isnt gonna happen for the Kid.

But I refuse to give up hope. Valencia is the race I am worried about. Nicky wins the next race in a close one... but not with who you think... then it all comes down to the final race!

THOUGHTS?

I LOVE Tig Bitties!
post #24 of 30 Old 09-29-2006, 11:47 AM

Awards Showcase

Well, it sure looks gloomed for him if the clutch issues keeps up but according to him, the test went well and he was lapping much better than he did on the race. sure, one can argue that the days were not the same or it is not the same to test on your own than on race day but he was riding alone for most of the race so it could be considered a good comparison.

He also said that the problems with the clutch had disappeared a lot so one can only hope that he would be able to podium (at least) at the last 2 races.

Now, almost everyone will try their best to podium since they have nothing to loose and a lot to gain by impressing the big suits and this can create some havoc on the kid but it will be the same for Valentino.

Funny thing is that when he was beating vale at the beginning, eveybody was saying that it wasn't his doing but Vale's bad luck. Now tha Vale's back in form (bike & rider), Nicky is choking on his own but they are not faulting the bike? WTF??? I find that funny.

post #25 of 30 Old 09-29-2006, 12:18 PM
Fool in the Rain

Garage

Awards Showcase
Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Extraordinary Ride Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 

I can't tell if Nicky's lost the mojo or what. Are all the Honda's experiencing clutch problems? Any why at this point of the season is a clutch problem just arising?

I'm at least glad it's still a points race with two showdowns left. I was afraid someone would have it locked up and just turn to their 800cc bike for early testing. I hope they grid at Valencia with two, three or four people having a shot. That would be a good one.

Since this thread has come to the top I'll copy a post from another thread. What do you guys think about this?
Next year should be interesting. There are a few things I can't help wondering:

Were the lap times recently posted by the 800s with a bike in front? The draft can make a big difference in lap times, and one would think these bikes are more aero to start with.

Will the smaller engine displacement give a 250 like performance? You're fine while on the gas/cornering, but if you have to get off the gas for some reason you may drop a lot of spots. Engine management/traction control on the four stroke may be able to cancel this concern out, but the grunt of the 990 is now 800. Has horsepower/cc come far enough that it won't matter?

Why does MotoGP not drop the 250s and go to 600cc four strokes? This would help development of the 600 market, match WSB, AMA (struggling, I know), and just seem reasonable with the big boys going four stroke. Does the European market have enough to continue the 250 development? Given MotoGP is not allowed to run a "production" motor but what is MotoGP today can be the street tomorrow. If they did then where would this leave the 125s?

"Towards the end of the vid, it looks like she may have had a bafflectomy." - MarylandMike
post #26 of 30 Old 09-29-2006, 01:39 PM Thread Starter
BANNED!

Awards Showcase

Hmmm... all good thoughts Jim.

Your the Mr. smarty pants know it all when it comes to the races... so why dont you just figure it out yourself!

Just kidding...

I would think any 800cc bike they throw out is not going to suffer from acceleration if you let off the gas and then have to give her to get back up to speed.... I'd say negligible form the 990's.

I think overall times will be down slightly... but eventually, should catch up. Tires, and fuel delivery, etc.. will only get better.

These things looks so damn small though, get a big dude on one, and whats this going to look like? The classic gorilla on a football? Will this affect aero?

Oh, and I htink for them to drop the 250 and go to 600... NEVER HAPPEN! I know you shouldnt say never, but really with GP not being able to run production engines... why would you? Simply to develop the next generation of 600cc machinery?

I LOVE Tig Bitties!
post #27 of 30 Old 09-29-2006, 02:58 PM

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaJim View Post
I can't tell if Nicky's lost the mojo or what. Are all the Honda's experiencing clutch problems? Any why at this point of the season is a clutch problem just arising?
Nope, not all the honda's are experiencing clutch problems as Nicky's the only one with the EVO bike, all others are running the well proven & revised RC211V.

I read somewhere that the problem was that they have moved the clutch closer to the middle of the engine (or back of the engine) and the heat is just frying the crap out of it.

I know this has been hashed and rehashed to death but why the need for Honda to test during a Race Weekend? More so when their #1 rider is the Championship leader with a considerable lead? Is there some sort of rule that says that the teams can only test 3 or 4 times outside race weekends once the Championship has started? I recall Doohan and others testing but it was After a race weekend and not During a race weekend.

post #28 of 30 Old 09-29-2006, 10:08 PM

Quote:
I would think any 800cc bike they throw out is not going to suffer from acceleration if you let off the gas and then have to give her to get back up to speed.... I'd say negligible form the 990's.
+1
Quote:
These things looks so damn small though, get a big dude on one, and whats this going to look like? The classic gorilla on a football? Will this affect aero?
I think the manufs' have already considered aero, I would almost think they would put Dani and Nicky (referring to Honda) in the wind tunnel with their bikes.

Quote:
Oh, and I htink for them to drop the 250 and go to 600... NEVER HAPPEN! I know you shouldnt say never, but really with GP not being able to run production engines... why would you? Simply to develop the next generation of 600cc machinery?
I think it would be cool if they changed 125 to 250 four strokes and 250 to 500 four strokes. It would be cool to hear the sounds they make.

post #29 of 30 Old 10-02-2006, 03:55 PM
Living the dream

I wonder if Honda will order all out war to get in front of Vale and help Nicky as much as possible. They do not want to keep losing the title.

post #30 of 30 Old 10-03-2006, 09:10 AM Thread Starter
BANNED!

Awards Showcase

Why would they do that when they cant even give him the best bike on the team?!

I LOVE Tig Bitties!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode