Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner

Death of my 919

4K views 49 replies 24 participants last post by  SGKukov 
#1 ·
Recent encounter with some gravel and some pavement has left my 919 well in it's grave I'm looking to replace it with a new streetfighter so the question is which new streetfighter would you buy

#9 ·
Ouch, poor thing's guts are all hangin' out :sad:

S1000RR is sweet but I wouldn't trust it more than a few miles from my house.

Speed Triple is a wicked bike. Have fun with it, but any of these will be a world of change from your 919.

#11 ·
About 11:30 this morning I was riding down a back road about 50 mph a dog came out beside some tall blackberry bushes and trying to avoid animal I hit the back brake hard enough for the bike to fishtail and caught drive way gravel when it happened bike went down I was in my joe rocket jacket my helmet never hit the pavement I road rashed. My ass cheak and watched the 919 roll like 3 times as it went down the pavement oil and antifreeze everywhere so I'm in the market for a new streetfighter I will always miss my fallen brother and road rash or not that hurt

#13 ·
Damn, always bummed to hear a rider go down. I am glad you are able to limp away though and really bummed it was a Hornet that got thrashed. To me Hornets and Hawks are really special bikes. Honda did it right on both of them and all true naked bikes have round headlights... I guess another Hornet just earned it's wings... LOL...

#15 ·
I couldent care less about my limp I really do miss my bike rode it across the country rode it through the winter put 11000 miles on it since Halloween and killed it in a Sunday drive it sucks but atleast my wife was like well you get to buy a new bike now

#16 · (Edited)
I couldent care less about my limp I really do miss my bike rode it across the country rode it through the winter put 11000 miles on it since Halloween and killed it in a Sunday drive it sucks but atleast my wife was like well you get to buy a new bike now
Sorry about the dead bike. At least your ok, and get to shop for another bike.
"Wow what a Women" She's a keeper:yes:

"Mines a 9er"

#20 ·
I haven't been motorcycle shopping lately because I had a awesome relationship with my late 919 but looking through the internet while I lay down because that really hurt I'm kind if thinking about the new ducati monster 821 the hp torque stats are right on top of the 919 but with traction control and it doesn't have the single swing arm which are pretty common on the ducatis and the cb1000r which I think is a plus

#23 ·
Can I ask your riding experience? Maybe those choices being thrown out aren't a good choice for your riding style. Wheelies and riding hard..where? No offense I just don't see anyone here seeing that you just wrecked...

Sounds like you could use a 6-8K bike and 2k for track goodies (gear and minor mods) and 1k for a Summer of track time. Unless you're financing then go to a dealer and tell them you want in the purchase multiple track time and gear with your purchase..maybe they'll go for it.

#25 ·
Can I ask your riding experience? Maybe those choices being thrown out aren't a good choice for your riding style. Wheelies and riding hard..where? No offense I just don't see anyone here seeing that you just wrecked... Sounds like you could use a 6-8K bike and 2k for track goodies (gear and minor mods) and 1k for a Summer of track time. Unless you're financing then go to a dealer and tell them you want in the purchase multiple track time and gear with your purchase..maybe they'll go for it.

I do agree I could use some track gear honestly 50 really hurt the joe rocket jacket helped but not as much as I would have liked it to the blue jeans no help at all

#29 ·
Well that's a plenty. Can't be too cautious when jumping up to the newer bikes now, even the new MV 800 streetfighter put out considerably more than the 919 in a lighter package!

Let us known what you come up with! And if you sign up for some track time. As for pants, look into riding jeans like Draggin or one of the more popular. Although the draggin won't have pads, at least they're built much better than regular and even other riding jeans.

#27 ·
Same here, sorry to hear that you're bike is toast. Making me think about me wearing my jeans too. Used to wear riding pants all the time. Just so much hassle in summer heat but great in winter.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.